Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 02:16 AM

4,383 posts, read 4,625,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
You have never been here remember that 2yrs ago you said and Nacogdoches has been steady growing and alot of people having been moving here.If you like flat ugly places well houston and tyler will fit but if you like hills and valleys Austin and Nacogdoches is the place baby!!!!
I never said that, I'm from Longview and been to Nacogdoches more then enough times. Field Trips,Football games,etc. I've been to Nacogdoches more times then I can remember. Aside from the historical aspects of town and SFA it's nothing much Nac offers unless you're a college student. When you put up the big cities of East Texas such as Tyler,Longview,Marshall,Lufkin,Texarkana,Nacogdoch es. Nacogdoches is probably the least interesting one. And hey, I got love for all my East Texas cousins but I would put Nac at the bottom on that list.

And I would actually pick Tyler's beauty over Nacogdoches anyday. Tyler is the Rose capitol of Texas and I think United States if i'm not mistaken. Also the brick streets in the city also is a beautiful sight. Not to mention I don't recall Tyler ever being flat as Houston. It's pretty much all East Texas so it's all still hilly. Austin is awhole different ball game that's hill country. Nac is not in Hill Country so don't try to compare because I see what you're trying to do. Don't get me wrong the Azalea Garden Trail is one of the most beautiful areas in the state of Texas but to bad it doesn't look like that in the whole city of Nac.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:32 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
You have never been here remember that 2yrs ago you said and Nacogdoches has been steady growing and alot of people having been moving here.If you like flat ugly places well houston and tyler will fit but if you like hills and valleys Austin and Nacogdoches is the place baby!!!!
Tyler...flat...?

Old 04-01-2013, 11:41 AM

816 posts, read 1,947,727 times
I have never seen anyone troll as much crap as Dee on an online forum. It's unbelievable. My gosh, he has not answer ONE question from me.

Like always, I appreciate his news but I don't appreciate his strange boasting about Nacogdoches and Lufkin. I'm sick and tired and I have tried to ignore these threads but they keep popping up on the forum front page and I'm like, I got to read it.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:44 AM

816 posts, read 1,947,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Tyler...flat...?
That's a great picture! Is that near South Tyler?

Old 04-01-2013, 12:05 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
That's a great picture! Is that near South Tyler?
In New York, Texas actually which is between 20-25 miles away as the crow flies Southwest of Tyler.

http://www.distance.to/Tyler-texas_New-york-texas

Last edited by Metro Matt; 04-01-2013 at 12:15 PM..

Old 04-01-2013, 12:23 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,616,828 times
So, since it's good for retirees automatically means that it's bad for young people? Are you assuming that the readers here are all under 30?

Everything you tend to post about the competition (in your mind) between Nacogdoches and Tyler actually makes me want to move to Tyler and not Nacogdoches.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:18 PM

4,383 posts, read 4,625,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Tyler...flat...?
Exactly Tyler is pretty much in the same region as Nac which the last time I checked is Piney Woods which consist of rolling hills and Pine Tree's,lakes and all that good stuff. I don't know why I continue feeding the troll. His troll powers just get stronger and stronger.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:31 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
I have never seen anyone troll as much crap as Dee on an online forum. It's unbelievable. My gosh, he has not answer ONE question from me.

Like always, I appreciate his news but I don't appreciate his strange boasting about Nacogdoches and Lufkin. I'm sick and tired and I have tried to ignore these threads but they keep popping up on the forum front page and I'm like, I got to read it.
You got that right - it's ridiculous.

I mean, I am glad that Dee likes Nac, but does that mean that if you like one town you have to run down other towns, especially towns that are obviously beautiful and with many positives, like Tyler?

I mean, I lived in Tyler for twenty years and now I live between Tyler and Longview. I like both towns.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:33 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,904,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Exactly Tyler is pretty much in the same region as Nac which the last time I checked is Piney Woods which consist of rolling hills and Pine Tree's,lakes and all that good stuff. I don't know why I continue feeding the troll. His troll powers just get stronger and stronger.
Nac has the only visual hills in east texas and Tyler have none that I have seen!!!
I lived in Tyler,tx for 2yrs!!
Please quit being a troll with these fairy tales about Tyler Aka retirement town and for the record I love older people but not Tyler so boring Nac and Lufkin would always being my choices because of the night life they bring.I look at traffic cam on ketk showing loop 323 at night and a sole can't be found most of the time.That is the 10:00 p.m. news so wat up with that and Tyler is not pretty at all it is flat and ugly.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:46 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Yeah. Tyler - such an ugly town...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler