Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 10:06 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,889,306 times

Advertisements

We recently “retired” to the Tyler area. We too wanted some acreage and elbow room! But still close to my husbands new job. We bought in Flint have 1.5 acres and although it feels like the middle of nowhere, we’re an easy 10 minutes to shopping and restaurants. 15 minutes for my husbands work and 20 minutes to downtown.
The areas of S Tyler are great, Gresham, Flint, Noonday, Bullard etc will get you out in the country but still close to everything. Chandler, Lindale, Whitehorse and Jacksonville are great areas too, they were just a bit further than we liked for work.
We have been very pleasantly surprised in all this area has to offer! We’ve found great restaurants, wineries & breweries etc... Looking forward to when life returns to normal and we can enjoy the arts here, plays & concerts at the colleges and some local college football too!

The other positive for us is the proximity to the DFW area, looking forward to Rangers games
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 08:05 AM

357 posts, read 225,327 times
Tagging on to these posts, we will finally be visiting Tyler next month. When I’m checking out places we may want to live, I always look for a Costco and, in Texas, the closest HEB.

I’m not seeing either in the Tyler area.

Are either or both of these on the horizon?

PS I’m not looking for an In-n-Out. I’m a native Texan, hence a Whataburger kinda gal.

Last edited by DanceswithBeagles; 02-24-2021 at 08:15 AM..

Old 02-24-2021, 10:19 AM

357 posts, read 225,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
This is Brookshires territory, so no HEB
Ok. I’m up for new places.

We buy most of our meat at Costco. I’m sure Texas has no shortage of good meat stores.

Where do y’all like to buy meat in your area?

Old 02-25-2021, 05:35 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceswithBeagles View Post
Tagging on to these posts, we will finally be visiting Tyler next month. When I’m checking out places we may want to live, I always look for a Costco and, in Texas, the closest HEB.

I’m not seeing either in the Tyler area.

Are either or both of these on the horizon?

PS I’m not looking for an In-n-Out. I’m a native Texan, hence a Whataburger kinda gal.
LOL I think we do have an In N Out Burger actually. I've never been - I am not a fast food person myself.

We don't have a Costco or HEB. Brookshires is our main grocery store chain. I love me some HEB but Brookshires is good. Sam's Club is our version of Costco I guess. I've never been in a Costco. I really detest WalMart and haven't been in a Sam's Club in years either so there's that.

Old 02-25-2021, 05:39 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceswithBeagles View Post
Ok. I’m up for new places.

We buy most of our meat at Costco. I’m sure Texas has no shortage of good meat stores.

Where do y’all like to buy meat in your area?
I buy "regular" meat mostly at Brookshires. Occasionally if I am at Aldi's, I'll buy some specialty meat items there. I buy "extra special" meat at either Fresh (the Brookshire's version of Central Market - and I do love it) or the Country Meat Market on I believe Front Street. Occasionally I will buy specialty meats at a supermercado or Hispanic meat market, or I will stock up on some unique meats at KoMart in Dallas. I do love going to KoMart!

Old 03-01-2021, 07:22 PM

92 posts, read 44,426 times
I hope HEB doesnt come to Tyler. Good food items but the stores have a trashy/warehouse feel in my experience, with people clammoring everywhere. At least the ones in Houston do. I prefer Fresh Market, which is already in Tyler, by far.

Old 03-02-2021, 10:22 AM

49 posts, read 313,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire1 View Post
I hope HEB doesnt come to Tyler. Good food items but the stores have a trashy/warehouse feel in my experience, with people clammoring everywhere. At least the ones in Houston do. I prefer Fresh Market, which is already in Tyler, by far.
People in El Paso have been clamoring for HEB to come here for 25 years now, but I think Midland is as far west as they are. Too geographically isolated here.

Now that Snow-vid21 is over, we're going to start house shopping again. Already getting windy here, and the dust storms will follow soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler