Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 12:26 PM

5 posts, read 31,683 times

Advertisements

We are considering moving to Lindale. I have two children one 8 and one 10. Do you see Lindale growing. My husband would join the hospital as the only peds doctor for Lindale. Could someone that knows Lindale share their thoughts on the area and growth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 03:53 PM

216 posts, read 934,856 times
Yes, Lindale will continue to grow. Growth is taking place all around Tyler and Lindale is one of the areas that has grown at a decent pace so far.

The school district is good and the community has always seemed supportive of the school system. It is a small town and I wouldn't expect it to grow tremendously, but it should continue to grow at a decent pace.

Don't know where you are coming from, but the cost of living in the Lindale/Tyler area is relatively low and you should be able to find a nice home or some property at a reasonable price.

There are several on this board from the Tyler area ... you should get some good responses.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:00 PM

76 posts, read 388,714 times
Watch out for the horrible crime in Tyler. GHETTO.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:27 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwest View Post
Watch out for the horrible crime in Tyler. GHETTO.
What does THIS mean? We have a friend moving to Tyler at the end of May. Just curious about the town.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:04 PM

216 posts, read 934,856 times
Like any town or city, there are areas of Tyler you would do best to avoid. Tyler is a city of 80,000 or so with many smaller communities on the outskirts, there will be some issues with all those people.

I have family there and they love it. They volunteer regularly at schools, the salvation army, meals-on-wheels, and some other things that take them to many different areas of the city. They have never had any trouble of any kind.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:38 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times
We were in Tyler back in July. During our visit we went to Lindale, Whitehouse, Troup, Winona, Chandler, Longview, Big Sandy etc...lol
Right now we are leaning toward Lindale or Troup but we are still open. Things may possibly end up working out where we end up in a suburb of Dallas, but the Tyler area is where we would ultimately like to end up.
During our visit we came across a couple of neighborhoods that weren't the greatest but overall we LOVE the entire area. Personally, IMHO, I think you will LOVE it too!

Old 04-13-2007, 06:57 AM

5 posts, read 31,683 times
We are coming to vistit Lindale and the hospital next week. Any must sees while we are there? I have a daughter that takes ballet. Any good dance studios or dnace institutions? We are moving from Akron Ohio area (here for residency), but are from Ky. Everyone says the schools are good and the people are nice..

Old 04-13-2007, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripley View Post
Like any town or city, there are areas of Tyler you would do best to avoid. Tyler is a city of 80,000 or so with many smaller communities on the outskirts, there will be some issues with all those people.

I have family there and they love it. They volunteer regularly at schools, the salvation army, meals-on-wheels, and some other things that take them to many different areas of the city. They have never had any trouble of any kind.

Thanks for the info.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:07 PM

8 posts, read 44,424 times
We moved to Tyler about a year ago from Dallas (Plano) and we love it! We just now moved into a nice part of town that was also,thankfully, affordable. It's an older part of town near downtown, but a great mix of people. The north side of town is the older part, but most people that I have met have just been wonderfully sweet.

The south side of town is booming! I would suggest Lindale schools are better than Tyler schools, but as always there are exceptions to the rule.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:28 AM

brokenground-
Great to hear you are enjoying Tyler! Hopefully, our friends will be happy there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
View detailed profiles of: