Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:03 AM

170 posts, read 774,459 times

Advertisements

I've been to San Juan plenty of times on vacation and have always stayed in Condado for days and even weeks at a time. I would like to know some suggestions for a flight attendant who is going to relocated to Puerto Rico. I"ll be shipping my car eventually but to start out I am going to want to live close to the airport (perhaps carolina or condado or isla verde). I just need some suggestions on places I should attempt to find an apartment.

I was told not to look on Craigslist however Craigslist has some very tempting offers (especially fully furnished ones). To start, should I look at realtors and if so what can I expect to pay the realtor? Would it be 2 times the rent or 3 times the rent. What if your credit is so-so? What should I do in that case? What areas should I stay out of. Let me know what you guys know. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 12:02 PM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Might want to take a look at Palmas Del Mar.

How much is it going to cost you to ship your car?

How long are you going to be there?

Old 04-18-2008, 12:29 PM

364 posts, read 1,979,280 times
This is a pretty hard call. Unless you are looking at the high end stuff, my guess is that most deals are cut without brokers overthere.

What's your price range?

Old 04-21-2008, 05:40 AM

41 posts, read 200,485 times
Default rent....

Hi, in relation to your question you might try looking for an apartment in Isla Verde area or Carolina city there you could find affordable apts. for rent. The other thing you might want to do is to buy a local nes paper and look in the classified pages for more options. The majority of the apts for rent here are done by the owners so if your credit is not that good don't worry try to have some nice references to back you up. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me. best of luck!

gato!

Old 04-21-2008, 06:25 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,895,539 times
I agree with gato on apt hunting. Carolina is near the airport and is very affordable. Isla Verde is very nice but almost all of it very pricey.
Forget about Palmas del Mar. That is way out for you to come back and forth to the airport!!
Annie

Old 04-22-2008, 09:31 AM

68 posts, read 227,025 times
Palmas Del Mar, you can't be serious. While Palmas is beautiful it is like an hour and a half away from the airport when there is not that much traffic.

Isla Verde can be nice but the air quality is not so great. Carolina and Trujillo Alto have some pretty nice areas. If it were me I would focus my search in Carolina.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:25 AM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irothste View Post
Palmas Del Mar, you can't be serious. While Palmas is beautiful it is like an hour and a half away from the airport when there is not that much traffic.

Isla Verde can be nice but the air quality is not so great. Carolina and Trujillo Alto have some pretty nice areas. If it were me I would focus my search in Carolina.
Nope, not kidding, used to do it for a year on a weekly basis. It's only about 50 miles depending on where you ar living.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:00 PM

170 posts, read 774,459 times
Thanks so much. I will keep all of that in mind. I agree I will be looking in the Carolina / Isla Verde section of San Juan. I just want to stay clear of that "Calle Loiza" as the last time I was down there on the bus riding down that street, it brought the slums of the Bronx NYC to shame. Scary aint even the word (lol). Thanks again and keep the suggestions coming.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:18 AM

41 posts, read 200,485 times
Default calle Loiza

Hahahahah, scary huh that aint that bad down there it is just the street that almost all the people from the Dominican Republic live. As long as you mind your own business everythings cool down there. Just try to avoid that route for next time and do not get off the bus there. Hahaha! good luck next time.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:46 AM

68 posts, read 227,025 times
Default If you have the money

If you have the money then Villa Encantada in Trujillo Alto is really nice and on par with Palmas Del Mar imho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories