Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 06:35 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times

Advertisements

Last year, I had lunch at Parador Guajataca in Quebradillas. The restaurant was clean and the attendants well mannered and attentive. The view from most any part of the parador was excellent. As a result, I decided to stay there next time I'd visit Puerto Rico.

I made reservations two weeks prior to my arrival on June 16, 2009. Checking in alone was a dismal experience. I was asked to wait outside the clerk's office while he attended another guest. So long was the wait that I went for a walk and returned 20 minutes later, figuring this was more than enough time. No such luck! After waiting yet another 10 minutes, I went for a second walk. Upon returning the clerk greeted me courteously but rendered no apology for my wait.

I checked into room 202. As soon as I entered, I heard voices from the room next door. Not that the next-door guests were loud. But, the rooms were connected by a common door which was too thin, making it possible for me to hear their conversation.

I requested another room. I was sent to room 208. As I made my way to 208, I observed several pieces of litter and an outdoor lamp dangling from exposed wiring. Although this room was not connected to another, I was appalled by what I experienced upon entering. Flies and mosquitoes buzzed around as I took a wiff of a foul odor. The bathroom window had no screen and could not be closed allowing insects to enter. The room's brown floor tiles and decor were dark, drab, and depressing. Given that I was hungry, I left my luggage and proceeded to the restaurant. But...it was closed that day!!!

I left disappointed in search of a nearby place to eat. Having found a nearby place, I mentioned my experience to the waitress. She told me how she'd heard similar complaints. She then recommended a place across the road from Guajataca called Parador Vistamar. As soon as I finished my early dinner, I drove to Vistamar and was amazed by what I saw. Not only was the place modern, clean, and with a better view, but, the room fees were lower!!!

I raced back to Guajataca and told them I needed to check out. They would not reimburse me. I explained the odor and fly issue in room 208. I was handed a bottle of odorizing spray and was told that someone would be there soon with insecticide. "No thanks" I said. And with that proceeded to leave minus $118.

I have no regrets for the decision I made. I enjoyed two beautiful days at Vistamar. This is one place I will definitely return to. BUT NOT GUAJATACA!!!

Last edited by chacho_keva; 06-26-2009 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: add
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 07:06 PM

195 posts, read 669,071 times
This seems like this would be a good post for trip advisor as opposed to this site. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:13 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroy25 View Post
This seems like this would be a good post for trip advisor as opposed to this site. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
I posted this message in Trip Advisor today. Am trying to post it on every possible site to ensure the word gets out about this sad filthy place.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 PM

543 posts, read 999,882 times
Do not stay at some cheap "parador" from the south coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories