Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 11:13 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,339,266 times

Advertisements

I called this morning to try to get a representative on the phone. I listened to the entire recording, and they no longer have an option to hold to speak to a representative. I had no choice but to send an email, but I'd rather get someone on the phone. Also, the EDD representatives at the One Stop Career Centers aren't even talking to people anymore, they just put them on the phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get through?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 07:54 PM

No one knows?

Old 01-24-2011, 09:00 PM

126 posts, read 467,691 times
Everyone's dealing with this. Many unemployment offices are swamped.

As far as one of us getting back to you, it usually takes more than a couple hours. Especially when we don't really have anything specific to tell you. It's across the board. I have been trying to contact my UI office for a few days on a simple matter. If e-mail contact is available to you, I say use that.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:52 AM

Normally, there's a way to get through on the phone with a code. But since EDD changed their system, apparently, it doesn't work anymore. I haven't had to call them for over six months, so I didn't know that the system had been changed. I already sent them an email, but it could take forever to get back to me.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:56 PM

126 posts, read 467,691 times
Some CA people have said they got in touch with their state representatives personally and that finally got them in touch with EDD.

Or, this might help, :

//www.city-data.com/forum/17571545-post16.html

Old 01-25-2011, 07:28 PM

379 posts, read 1,401,578 times
Welcome to the world of dealing with any government entity.

When it to comes collecting from you the taxpayer, the government is always on the ball.

But when it comes time for you to receive any service from the government, all you hear is "Take number, fill out this or that form (even though you don't need to fill anything out), and wait for your number to be called". And after some time of patiently waiting and it is your turn to ask your question, they never give you a direct answer and tell you to fill out more forms and they'll get back to you once your form has been processed...

Anyway, you definitely are not alone in trying to get a hold of someone at the EDD and end up being unsuccessful. I have been trying to get a hold of an EDD rep for the past two weeks with no success. So I may go to an EDD office in the next week or so to fill out some forms and ask my question. But since you have said that they're not even entertaining anyone at their field offices, I might just save the trip and send an email.

I am curious though, if you don't mine me asking... What do you have to ask the EDD?

Old 01-25-2011, 07:36 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrollinglow View Post
I have been trying to get a hold of an EDD rep for the past two weeks with no success.
Have you tried this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdog042 View Post
it works 100% .I first dialed 1-800-300-5616 then as soon as i heard Welcome to EDD i quicly press 1-3-0 and did not get through and i hang-up, a minute later i redialed and again as soon i heard Welcone to EDD i quickly press 1-2-1-1-7 .... seconds later a reprentative helped me and resolve my issue.
Seems to work for anyone who tries it.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Have you tried this?

Seems to work for anyone who tries it.

Yup, before they updated to the new phone system that they are using now. I have not needed to call them for months until recently, and what I want to ask is something very minor. Something that I really don't need to call them about but I just wanted my question answered.

And when I did call recently and got to the point where I was prompted to speak with a live person, I would get transferred but the EDD phone system would disconnect me because their system is too busy.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrollinglow View Post
Welcome to the world of dealing with any government entity.

When it to comes collecting from you the taxpayer, the government is always on the ball.

But when it comes time for you to receive any service from the government, all you hear is "Take number, fill out this or that form (even though you don't need to fill anything out), and wait for your number to be called". And after some time of patiently waiting and it is your turn to ask your question, they never give you a direct answer and tell you to fill out more forms and they'll get back to you once your form has been processed...

Anyway, you definitely are not alone in trying to get a hold of someone at the EDD and end up being unsuccessful. I have been trying to get a hold of an EDD rep for the past two weeks with no success. So I may go to an EDD office in the next week or so to fill out some forms and ask my question. But since you have said that they're not even entertaining anyone at their field offices, I might just save the trip and send an email.

I am curious though, if you don't mine me asking... What do you have to ask the EDD?

Questions about HR 4213. Check out my thread about my new claim benefits going way down.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Questions about HR 4213. Check out my thread about my new claim benefits going way down.

I just read through the tread and I think I'll continue this conversation there as I am expecting to go through something similar in a couple months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment