Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 04:55 PM

25,579 posts, read 56,466,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauracore View Post
Im bumping this thread because I read through the whole thing and it seems like things have gotten worse in just 3 months? Is anyone else having to wait 10 days to get funds on their card? I have only received 1 payment ever and have been registered with EDD for a month. And they just sent me one claim's worth of funds! I also have been logging into Web-Cert and it says I dont have claim forms to fill out at this time. I know California blows in general so it's all very unsurprising but I need my money so I can GTFO of this state!
What is the exact date of your claim?
What weeks exactly did you claim the first time and when?

CA pays biweekly and has a one-week waiting period before benefits can be claimed. So, if you have been registered for a month, approximately 4 weeks, you had a one week waiting period (wk1) and have received two weeks' benefits (wks2&3). It would appear, you can claim next week for last week (wk4) and this (wk5). It would appear you are on schedule.
Quote:
Individuals should apply for benefits as soon as they are unemployed, or working less than full-time. All claims are effective on the Sunday prior to applying for benefits, and have a one week unpaid waiting period. The waiting period does not begin until the claim is filed.

http://www.edd.ca.gov/unemployment/f...yforUIbenefits
I don't think you have a problem. For confirmation, you might try emailing EDD on the status of your claim. They usually respond in two days.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 12-19-2011 at 06:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 11:28 AM

12 posts, read 78,074 times
Thanks for replying. I have yet to receive my second payment. The date I filed was Nov 9th. I received a claim payment the week of 11/26 on 12/10. Also I was talking to everyone I got laid off with (we were all seasonal employees - agriculture) and they were amazed that I am only receiving $160 per claim form. Apparently we are supposed to be getting hundreds? Several of these employees have been doing this for years, including last year, and they said the typical claim amount is $300 bi-weekly. I also think something is messed up because these employees got their phone interview weeks ago when they first filed and I'm just barely getting mine tomorrow.

That said, this sucks and this is not paying my bills. And believe me, I've cut out all unnecessary bills, canceled frivolous services like Netflix, canceled my house phone, paid off credit cards, but the RENT isn't going to go anywhere!

Old 01-12-2012, 10:59 PM

3 posts, read 58,965 times
Laura- you have the exact exact same situation as me (re: situation, timeframe, dates). Have you had any movement?

Old 05-18-2012, 08:20 PM

2 posts, read 69,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
The California EDD gave those of us collecting UI benefits advance notice that they will start issuing debit cards from Bank of America, and that these will take the place of the checks they were sending us. I received mine last Saturday, 8/20/11. I activated it online that same day and it showed my UI funds are available as of Tuesday, 8/16/11. I set up a recurring transfer of the funds from the debit card to go to my credit union checking account. According to the enclosed brochure, it takes 2 business days for the funds to transfer from the debit card to an external account. I'm assuming business days for BofA are Monday through Friday, so taking that into consideration, today (Wednesday, 8/24/11) would be the second business day. I just checked my checking account online and the funds haven't showed up yet, so I'm assuming (and hoping) that the funds will be there tomorrow. This is the only negative thing I see about this type of arrangement, and hopefully any future EDD benefit payments will just transfer directly to my checking account, like direct deposit.

Has anyone else gotten their EDD debit card yet? If so, what do you think of it? I can see how the state will save on printing and postage costs, and how the risk of the checks getting lost in the mail will be reduced.

On the California forum, there is this thread from one member expressing how he feels about the new debit card.
omg i have been trying for days to set the direct deposit up im getting pissed and the bank witch happens to b theirs wont help me but they want me to have direct deposit when i go to baank of america.com/eddcard it comes up but i log into as new user then put my card# and it throws be back to the beggining uggg!!!!

Old 05-18-2012, 08:23 PM

2 posts, read 69,539 times
omg i have been trying for days to set up direct deposit im pissedand the bank wont help me and its their bank haha i go to website then it throws me back to the beggining

Old 05-18-2012, 10:30 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,392,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayme a View Post
omg i have been trying for days to set up direct deposit im pissedand the bank wont help me and its their bank haha i go to website then it throws me back to the beggining
Try a different browser. I have that issue when I try to use Chrome and EDD.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:55 PM

13 posts, read 260,694 times
Anyone know how long it takes for new deposits to appear in your BoA account, or when the deposits are made?

I got my EDD card a few weeks ago and have received one week's benefits. Two more weeks are supposed to be deposited today. I realize it's probably unreasonable to expect funds to be available at 9am (we are talking about a government agency after all). Is 5pm reasonable, or the following morning?

Sorry if this seems trivial - just trying to be hypervigilant in case of problems.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:02 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,392,410 times
How do you know they are supposed to be deposited today.

In my experience, the funds are available after midnight on the day...if it is Tuesday, it is midnight Tuesday

Old 06-13-2012, 04:11 PM

241 posts, read 1,019,990 times
I Web cert on Sunday 12AM and the funds get deposited on to the card around 10PM on Monday.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:10 PM

13 posts, read 260,694 times
@thebunny - the last deposit was 2 weeks ago and it's supposed to be biweekly. I'll check again tomorrow. Thanks for your response.

@rgarjr - Didn't realize I could web cert!! Thank you for the tip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment