Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 11:36 AM

308 posts, read 680,264 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I recently re-opened an EB claim after finishing a temp assignment. I was suppose to call in today to claim by benefits which I did and at the end of all the questions, I received the message that my claim wasnt payable at this time, but that I would be credited for the 2 weeks I was claiming. I dont know what this means and what I have to do. Do I need to call Unemployment? When will I get paid? Thanks!

Gary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 04:30 PM

92 posts, read 305,325 times
I would definitely call (I think you are in NJ) but note that the only way to get through is to hit the redial at 8:30AM when they open and be prepared to hold for up to an hour (That's how I got through today).

It is virtually impossible to get through at any other time.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:07 PM

3 posts, read 8,801 times
Smile Try these numbers instead!!

I'm "paying it forward" because I too recently passed my 1-year anniversary and got the "benefits are not payable at this time" message. Then I tried another number and constantly got the "due to the high volume of calls..call again later" message.

I Googled like crazy to find other extensions/phone numbers besides the one on the DOL website. I found the following passage:

"Here are the numbers:
732-761-2020 and 2021
732-761-2029
201-601-4100
856) 507-2340.

Call each one the 732 ones usually work, when they tell you the time will be 20 minutes it WILL BE, so I put the phone down and check every 5-10 min, and after about 15-20 min, you do get an operator, every time, but I usually move between the 732 numbers, and get an operator and you can get an operator."

I did this earlier today and it WORKED LIKE A CHARM!! I was getting so desperate, I was about to borrow money to drive from New England to a One-Stop center in NJ and try to use one of the phones there to talk to a live person (though I've heard even that trick isn't working as well these days). Keep in mind, these lines are for CERTIFICATION PROBLEMS ONLY. If you need to file or reopen a claim, you're gonna get transferred to one of the other "busy" numbers.

Like the poster above said, call at 8:30AM on the nose and keep hitting redial! I did it, had a wait time of 5 minutes and recertified easily with an agent. Hopefully this is the last time I gotta deal with the phone issues. I almost cried when the agent said my problem was resolved. I'm so grateful, I had to share with others in the same boat.

Good luck to all!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment