Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 6,607 times

Advertisements

so i exhausted my initial 26 week New Jersey ui. my last payment was for week ending 11/19/11. I understand that I had to wait for the letter to come in to tell me when and what dates to claim for my euc tier 1 benefits. However, i was on vacation and was not able to see the letter. I assumed that i would receive the benefits and just filed on monday like i do normally on a weekly basis. the claim was accepted (week ending 11/26/11) and i received payment yesterday.

I was finally able to read the letter today and it states that i should certify on 12/7/11 for the weeks ending 11/26/11 and 12/3/11...

should i continue to claim weekly since it has worked already? are euc tier 1 benefits normally claimed weekly or bi-weekly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 08:20 PM

22 posts, read 78,671 times
I claim weekly online and it works fine for me every week. and i am in tier 3.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:21 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,484,927 times
You are instructed to file bi-weekly in NJ for state and EUC, and EB.
When you begin a tier, you certify on the first Wednesday after the first two claim ending weeks. After that you can file bi-weekly on Sundays online, or online/phone on Mon/Tues for odd/even SSNs.

If a tier has an odd number of weeks (like 13) you would claim the final 13th week, one week after your previous certification date to exhaust the tier balance.

Claiming weekly does work, I've done it myself. Unfortunately it was during EB and I was sending overlapping job search records every week for twenty weeks because I made the mistake of claiming EB one week after my previous tier exhausted. For some reason I got stuck in a maze of claiming benefits for one week while reporting job searches for the previous two weeks, on a weekly basis. It was a major PITA, plus I was so nervous that I could be questioned at any point why I was claiming weekly when I was instructed to do otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment