Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 511 times

Advertisements

I had stopped receiving benefits last Dec 2011 because SS board felt I no longer was eligible unless I repaid money they claim I was not entitled to because of a medical condition while working part-time. The amount I owed was only around $780. I had roughly around $4000 of entitlement left by Dec 11 from my previous job with DOD. I have still been unemployed all this time and made monthly payments since then for a payoff by January 2014. Now, do I just ask for reinstatement via phone or online so I can continue the entitlement balance left? Or am I out of luck since it looks like a year will be up soon?
Artgal2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 11:27 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,126,861 times
I think you need to reread your paper work as to why you weren't getting your UI. If SS is your abreviation for social security, they have nothing to do with unemployment.

Also, owing money to UI doesn't mean you can't get your benefits. They are fully capable of allowing you to claim, keep the money, and use that to offset what you owe.

I suspect you were found ineligible not because of what you owed, but because you were found not able & available based on your medical condition. To undo that presumption, you'd need to find a doctor to certify that you are able and available to work, and you could have done that long before now.

However, a lot more detail would be helpful in piecing together what really happened to your UI claim.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 AM

25,577 posts, read 56,553,116 times
What does SS have to do with unemployment benefits?

When does your claim end? You said you collected benefits until December 2011. Did you ever collect federal EUC benefits or state unemployment benefits?

Or are you talking about federal SSDI benefits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment