Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,583 times

Advertisements

I went back to work at a call center (tech support) after my maternity leave, and had to redo a 8 week training. In this training, we were told if our call ran past the end of the shift, the working supervisor had to be notified and we would get permission to notify childcare. Three weeks after returning to work, this occurred, but was denied permission to contact my babysitter. I finally got off half an hour late, and my four month old daughter was already at my house, door locked, noone home, for nearly 15 minutes. The next day i spoke with my direct team lead, who told me this happens a lot, it wasn't going to change, and didn't blame me for not putting in a two week notice, and laughed. My claim was denied because i "did not attempt to rectify the situation before quitting." i did not include the conversation with my team lead in my initial claim. I am filing an appeal and am working with a law office in town (or will be hopefully if they have room - non profit org). What are my families chances?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 06:09 PM

164 posts, read 267,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina W View Post
I went back to work at a call center (tech support) after my maternity leave, and had to redo a 8 week training. In this training, we were told if our call ran past the end of the shift, the working supervisor had to be notified and we would get permission to notify childcare. Three weeks after returning to work, this occurred, but was denied permission to contact my babysitter. I finally got off half an hour late, and my four month old daughter was already at my house, door locked, noone home, for nearly 15 minutes. The next day i spoke with my direct team lead, who told me this happens a lot, it wasn't going to change, and didn't blame me for not putting in a two week notice, and laughed. My claim was denied because i "did not attempt to rectify the situation before quitting." i did not include the conversation with my team lead in my initial claim. I am filing an appeal and am working with a law office in town (or will be hopefully if they have room - non profit org). What are my families chances?
You should have waited until they let you go. Quitting is not a good idea. Yes, you may get It on appeal, but I would have Said "Look, I'm leaving At X-Time, because I have to pick up my kid (or whatever was the case). Then, do it. If they don't like it, they'd let you go, and you'd be almost guaranteed UI. I advise people never to quit. Always let them let you go. Makes things easier.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,483,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina W View Post
Hard to say. Often, situations like this hinge on small details. The bottom line is, as the person who quit, you bear the responsibility of explaining the situation.

There are 12 good cause reasons for quitting in WA, and there is generally not much variance beyond that. However, if you are going to have a shot at getting approved, the OAH is your best shot.

Don't miss your appeal date!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment