Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 02:24 PM

104 posts, read 261,330 times

Advertisements

Got an email today that stated I may be getting tier 4 benefits. My 126 weeks ended on March 1 and I forgot all about getting anything else. Now today I find out I may get 20 weeks more!! In Illinois if you get unemployment AND SS at the same time you UI is cut in half each week. Thus the 126 weeks. Soooo....my 10 weeks will turn into 20 and give me 146 weeks total...or ALMOST 3 years!! Thank you President Obama for making me part of Mitts 47%! People who get FREE $$$ from the government!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 03:06 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,526,323 times
Indeed. I reported this on April 5th - on your other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Illinois has reported a February unemployment rate of 9.5%.

Quote:
Illinois' trigger value has met the 9.0% trigger threshold, establishing an eligibility period in Tier 4 of EUC08.

Based on data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics on March 29, 2013, the three month average, seasonally adjusted total unemployment rate in Illinois has met the 9.0% trigger threshold to trigger "on" in Tier 4 of EUC08. This triggers Illinois "on" Tier 4 of the EUC08 program. The week beginning April 14, 2013, will be the first week in which EUC08 claimants in Illinois who have exhausted Tier 3, and are otherwise eligible, can establish Tier 4 eligibility.

Office of Unemployment Insurance, Employment & Training Administration (ETA) - U.S. Department of Labor
Therefore Illinois resumes paying Tier IV effective April 14, 2013, for week ending April 20. Illinois will remain in a mandatory 13-week "ON" period for Tier IV through at least July 13, 2013, or longer if its 3-month TUR remains at 9% or above.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...ent-tier4.html

Also, for any new person reading this thread, OP is not receiving 3-years' benefits - it is just taking 3 years for him to collect those benefits. OP's benefits have been extended because Illinois offsets his unemployment benefits by his Social Security benefits. Therefore, it is taking twice as long for OP to collect his monetary determination.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:01 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,607,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Also, for any new person reading this thread, OP is not receiving 3-years' benefits - it is just taking 3 years for him to collect those benefits. OP's benefits have been extended because Illinois offsets his unemployment benefits by his Social Security benefits. Therefore, it is taking twice as long for OP to collect his monetary determination.
It would be nice if Illinois would just pay him his Tier 4 benefits in one lump sum so we don't have to see any more threads (and duplicate threads) about it...

With any luck his former employer will move back from Costa Rica too.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:08 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,107,425 times
I know you think you're some kind of financial genious, but if you'd left your SS alone. You could have collected your UI faster, you'd have gotten your tier 4 with more certainty, and not just barely because the UI rate went up, and you might even haven't gotten extended benefits because your SS pushed things out so long. Then had you delayed the SS, your SS check would have increased between 7% and 8% for each extra year that you delayed.

Please come back and report how wonder life is with your lower SS because you drew at 62, and after your UI checks run out.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:04 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,283,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
I know you think you're some kind of financial genious, but if you'd left your SS alone. You could have collected your UI faster, you'd have gotten your tier 4 with more certainty, and not just barely because the UI rate went up, and you might even haven't gotten extended benefits because your SS pushed things out so long. Then had you delayed the SS, your SS check would have increased between 7% and 8% for each extra year that you delayed.

Please come back and report how wonder life is with your lower SS because you drew at 62, and after your UI checks run out.
I'd be terrified if I'd cut my social security checks down for life by taking them early, and I ALSO expected to be unemployed for 3+ years in my early 60's.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:30 PM

My Dad/Mom/Sister all died BEFORE 62. At 62 I thought I'd might as well take it early as none of the other 3 were able to.
Lets say at 62 I got $20,000 a year in SS. Lets say I waited till...65. BEFORE I started I would have "lost" $60,000. I would NEVER live long enough to make up what I lost. My plant moved away to Coata Rica but I was STILL offered a spot in another plant. Being I get FREE health care through the VA....I took the severence package and moved on.
I was in the Army from 06/1968-06/1970. Those TWO years as a cook....never went over seas...entitled me for FREE health care through the VA. WHATS UP WITH THAT??!! Work a job from age 19-21 and get FREE health care for life!!!??? Mitt would be pissed if he knew I was getting sooooo much free from the government. AND...ask me if I EVER looked for work since I left.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:42 AM

Default Triggering off:

If I do get tier 4 would I get the full 10 weeks or if Illinois goes below the "trigger %" the following month does my payments stop?

Old 04-18-2013, 01:11 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,526,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illininutt View Post
If I do get tier 4 would I get the full 10 weeks or if Illinois goes below the "trigger %" the following month does my payments stop?
No, the payments do not stop. Once you begin Tier 4, those payments continue until you exhaust the Tier - even if Illinois triggers off.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:57 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,283,918 times
Why are you so focused on Mitt Romney? The election was over in November, nearly 6 months ago. You haven't mentioned any current politicians or even referenced any current events. Does that mean something?

I'm sorry to hear that so many of your loved ones died young and that you also expect to die young. It sounds like you've had a very tragic life.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:35 PM

I'm focused on the Mitten because of his 47% comment. People who get FREE $$$ from the government for doing nothing!! I now fall into that 47%. The ONLY people who are complaining are the people that DON'T get it! People complain about the debt....but then take unemployment at the same time!! If they cared THAT much about the debt....they would not certify! CNN: 86% of people on unemployment are NOT looking for work!
If Mitt had won....people would get 36 weeks TOTAL!! He hates Blacks/Mexicans/people on unemployment-welfare-food stamps/and gays!! Myself and my wallet am glad he lost!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment