Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2013, 01:30 PM

19 posts, read 128,141 times

Advertisements

Hello. I submitted my EDD Continued Claim Form via Online Webcert, like I usually do. Few days later, I received my Paper Continued Claim Form in the mail to be filled out. Now usually I don't fill them out since I do them online. This time, it has a "X" marked on Question #3.Did you look for work: If marked, you must complete Sec B on Reverse. Then I checked my Bank and EDD did deposit my money from the online claim.

My question is: Should I send the paper form because it has the "X" marked on box #3 even though I got paid? If I don't fill out the paper form, will it go against me later? I do have my work search.

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 03:15 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
Don't know if it's still true with CA's new UI system, but what you are experiencing was one of the benefits of webcert. You didn't have to fill out the work search. However, you still could get audited (doesn't happen very often). Save your work search information in case you are ever asked for it.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,507 times
Yes,in CA.you still have to send it in.They try to find any excuse to not pay you.
It WILL NOT effect your claim to send it in,it will if you dont.That box is checked
probably,like mine,because you are on an extension or nearing the end of your $.
Also,make sure your resume is complete and up to date on this site, https://www.caljobs.ca.gov
It is an e.d.d.requirement that they DO check.You have to log in and ACTUALLY apply to something
every 60 days.
Good luck!
(P.S. Be prepared to have your benefits stop before they're time also.I had an extension of $2,500 and only
received about $1,000 of it.Can't get through on phone,they wont answer e-mail.They just dropped me at Christmas time with no advance notice.I'm still awaiting a response, but not counting on it.Same thing happened to a friend in Az.)

Old 01-26-2014, 03:08 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melysa View Post
(P.S. Be prepared to have your benefits stop before they're time also.I had an extension of $2,500 and only received about $1,000 of it.Can't get through on phone,they wont answer e-mail.They just dropped me at Christmas time with no advance notice.I'm still awaiting a response, but not counting on it.Same thing happened to a friend in Az.)
Anyone collecting in CA - or any other state should be checking the state's website. Info on all federal benefits ending on 12/28 has been on CA's website for months - long ahead of the cutoff date. Here's the latest update:

New Developments on Federal Unemployment Extensions and Benefit Cuts

Also, this has been covered by all the news networks extensively.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:46 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,528,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Anyone collecting in CA - or any other state should be checking the state's website. Info on all federal benefits ending on 12/28 has been on CA's website for months - long ahead of the cutoff date. Here's the latest update:

New Developments on Federal Unemployment Extensions and Benefit Cuts

Also, this has been covered by all the news networks extensively.
You can't help those that are out of touch, Ariadne22! I find it unbelievable that anyone relying on those benefits wouldn't know what the story is!

Old 04-26-2019, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 325 times
What if I don’t have my work search information and they have audited me for work search what should I do

Old 04-26-2019, 07:47 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
You "reconstruct it" and pray they don't ask too many questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment