Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2020, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,366 times

Advertisements

i am trying to reopen my case as i got layoff again. but i keep getting this message

i checked self-employed individual who is unable to work as a direct result of the disaster

is it a system error ? or i typed in something wrong

Error(s) Occurred
You responded that you are neither a self-employed individual who is unable to work as a direct result of the disaster NOR an individual who intended to begin self-employment, but could not because of the disaster. Do not respond to the additional questions.

One or more questions that you answered require(s) further clarification and information. Answer the questions below.

please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2020, 12:55 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,772,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrwrx007 View Post
i am trying to reopen my case as i got layoff again. but i keep getting this message

i checked self-employed individual who is unable to work as a direct result of the disaster

is it a system error ? or i typed in something wrong

Error(s) Occurred
You responded that you are neither a self-employed individual who is unable to work as a direct result of the disaster NOR an individual who intended to begin self-employment, but could not because of the disaster. Do not respond to the additional questions.

One or more questions that you answered require(s) further clarification and information. Answer the questions below.

please help
sounds like something you answered incorrectly is triggering the system to think you are not a self employed individual. Did you review your answers? sometimes they are worded "tricky" and can trip people up when answering them, especially with new COVID questions.

You said reopened a claim???? so you have a current UI claim that is not expired and still has benefits on it that aren't exhausted? that might be the issue. Or were you on a PUA claim right from the beginning? What date did you file the original UI claim?

Old 06-22-2020, 01:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,366 times
Hi

Sorry , i checked
"An employee who is unable to work as a direct result of the disaster " i claimed it for march and part of pf April and i went back to work in April- till june 6 , and when i log in , it said i need to "reopen my claim"
and it keep getting error on dat question :
The question is :
"Select from the list which best describes your unemployment status at the time of the disaster. "
My ans which is correct "An employee who is unable to work as a direct result of the disaster" and i put in 40 hrs Pior Disaster
but it kept coming out with Error

Old 06-22-2020, 02:09 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,772,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrwrx007 View Post
Hi

Sorry , i checked
"An employee who is unable to work as a direct result of the disaster " i claimed it for march and part of pf April and i went back to work in April- till june 6 , and when i log in , it said i need to "reopen my claim"
and it keep getting error on dat question :
The question is :
"Select from the list which best describes your unemployment status at the time of the disaster. "
My ans which is correct "An employee who is unable to work as a direct result of the disaster" and i put in 40 hrs Pior Disaster
but it kept coming out with Error
What date did you open/file the ORIGINAL claim? Was this a benefit year claim that was already opened prior to March 2020 or did you file a NEW claim in 2020? Did you have any W2 income last quarter of 2018 and 1st three quarters of 2020? I'm trying to establish if you truly had a PUA claim or a regular UI claim opened in March. How many weeks of benefits were you entitled to when you filed the NEW claim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment