Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 07:58 PM

3 posts, read 1,047 times

Advertisements

I was on unemployment this year from January until the end of February and then started a new job and lost my job on May 9th due to covid. I filed a re-opened claim for UC and I haven’t heard anything, haven’t received any money, and when I check the status it just says UC. And when I click on payments it says haven’t gotten a payment in over 4 weeks. I don’t know if I did something wrong or if it is this long of a wait but I’ve filed 3 biweekly claims that all seem to be accepted but I have t gotten any payment for those 6 weeks. Anyone know if this is just normal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 08:00 PM

I am in Pennsylvania fyi

Old 06-19-2020, 08:19 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,765,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz373 View Post
I am in Pennsylvania fyi
have you tried to claim your weeks? does it show payable weeks to claim?

what was date the original claim was opened? Are there still benefits left to collect on that original claim? Circumstances regarding recent job separation?

Old 06-20-2020, 07:34 AM

Yes there are weeks to claim and I have filed a bi weekly claim for the past six weeks (3 claims) there is benefits left to claim and recent job separating was due to covid. I haven’t received anything other than emails confirming that my biweekly claims have been accepted

Old 06-20-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz373 View Post
Yes there are weeks to claim and I have filed a bi weekly claim for the past six weeks (3 claims) there is benefits left to claim and recent job separating was due to covid. I haven’t received anything other than emails confirming that my biweekly claims have been accepted
It might still be early in the game that they are processing your claim. You filed May 9th and now June 20th. Does anything in your online account say pending. did you receive a claim confirmation email after initialing reopening your claim?

From PA UI website:

For your first, biweekly filing and claim, it can take up to four to six weeks to receive the approval determination. Continue to file during this time!

You just hit the 6 week mark. Continue claiming and hopefully it's approved and payments are released in the next week or two.

Old 06-21-2020, 10:01 AM

9,846 posts, read 4,626,999 times
Not only was there a rush of virus related unemployment claims the new law allowed those with old pre virus claims to reopen and/or file new claims which just bogs down the system in many areas. Personally any old pre virus claims/appeals should be sent to the back of the line. Other than keeping current payments coming those pre virus claims should take a back seat as should the bonuses. Get people their basic unemployment first, especially those directly and recently affected by the virus then do the other stuff.

Old 06-21-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Not only was there a rush of virus related unemployment claims the new law allowed those with old pre virus claims to reopen and/or file new claims which just bogs down the system in many areas. Personally any old pre virus claims/appeals should be sent to the back of the line. Other than keeping current payments coming those pre virus claims should take a back seat as should the bonuses. Get people their basic unemployment first, especially those directly and recently affected by the virus then do the other stuff.
that kind of doesn't make sense as a lot of the pre virus claimants were already in line with appeals/claims in limbo prior to the onslaught of COVID claims. many people have legitimate UI claims that are not directly related to COVID, that doesn't mean they should take a back seat to money they may be entitled to. and if the new law allows them to reopen claims to get extensions what should they do sit and wait and lose their place in line?

Old 06-21-2020, 01:37 PM

290 posts, read 183,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
that kind of doesn't make sense as a lot of the pre virus claimants were already in line with appeals/claims in limbo prior to the onslaught of COVID claims. many people have legitimate UI claims that are not directly related to COVID, that doesn't mean they should take a back seat to money they may be entitled to. and if the new law allows them to reopen claims to get extensions what should they do sit and wait and lose their place in line?
I kinda see the point he's getting at. It's like having a bunch of people waiting in line for food. Some of the people already ate earlier, but are still hungry. The rest, haven't even got their first meal yet. Both groups of people are entitled to that food, but the ones that haven't eaten yet should get fed first in my opinion. The extension crowd should get pushed to the back of line.

Old 06-21-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Companygreed33 View Post
I kinda see the point he's getting at. It's like having a bunch of people waiting in line for food. Some of the people already ate earlier, but are still hungry. The rest, haven't even got their first meal yet. Both groups of people are entitled to that food, but the ones that haven't eaten yet should get fed first in my opinion. The extension crowd should get pushed to the back of line.
but some of those filing for extensions didn't just eat. they haven't eaten in months.. some since last 7/1/19. But I see it from both sides of the fence. I believe also that a lot of times there's issues with claims (separations etc.) that play a factor in the delays.

Old 06-21-2020, 06:05 PM

290 posts, read 183,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
but some of those filing for extensions didn't just eat. they haven't eaten in months.. some since last 7/1/19. But I see it from both sides of the fence. I believe also that a lot of times there's issues with claims (separations etc.) that play a factor in the delays.
I completely get what he's trying to say, as well as you. The people that have been on unemployment for 6 months, and are waiting for an extension. I feel they should get pushed to the back, in place of the people waiting since March 18 (Cornavirus closings) and still haven't recieved benefits yet.

I understand the labor union doesn't work that way, and its mute point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment