Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 07:53 AM

49 posts, read 18,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merchant_ZZZ View Post
Yes. Ended on 1/9/21.

The whole thing is beyond ridiculous...
Ok cool. Mine end date is December and I think I'm eligible if it's a December start date instead of January and I agree it is ridiculous. It's going to be a full time job from 8-4 all week calling on redial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2021, 09:09 AM

382 posts, read 666,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod102988 View Post
Ok cool. Mine end date is December and I think I'm eligible if it's a December start date instead of January and I agree it is ridiculous. It's going to be a full time job from 8-4 all week calling on redial.
I did submit an new initial claim online keying in the same exact information I did over an year ago... I was unable to select an claim start date and hopefully they resolve that on their end.......

Hopefully it'll be ineligible so I'll be put back into PEUC for 11 weeks... Again I do not understand the difficulty...

Hopefully they issue an statement for those in our situation as to what exactly needs to be done. I can not imagine come March that hundreds thousands of people going through this process...

Old 02-16-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I did submit an new initial claim online keying in the same exact information I did over an year ago... I was unable to select an claim start date and hopefully they resolve that on their end.......

Hopefully it'll be ineligible so I'll be put back into PEUC for 11 weeks... Again I do not understand the difficulty...

Hopefully they issue an statement for those in our situation as to what exactly needs to be done. I can not imagine come March that hundreds thousands of people going through this process...
Yeh it's going to be a mess come March. I just don't understand why they didn't state that people who benefit year expired had to file a new claim. They website said anyone who received benefits through Dec 26th would have the PEUC automatically added. They never clarified about the ones who had to file a new claim. Let me know if you hear a response from the file you claim. I'm going to keep calling a week and maybe by Friday I'll do what you did.

Thanks alot you have been a big help. Good luck. We're going to need it

Old 02-17-2021, 02:19 PM

42 posts, read 29,543 times
In PA you always have to apply for a new claim when you hit your benefit year end date, which is one year from when you initially applied. If you qualify for a new claim, then you start over with 26 weeks of UC. If you don’t qualify, you will roll back to your old claim and be put on the appropriate extension, PEUC or EB depending on what you’ve already used or had left.

You can submit a new claim online or you can call and talk to a representative and do it over the phone with them. I did it over the phone. Yes it took forever to get through and then was on hold over an hour but once you get through it will be done and you can just keep filing.

Oh, I also got a letter in the mail explaining that my benefit year was ending and what I needed to do. If you haven’t gotten that yet, hopefully you do soon.

Good luck!

Old 02-17-2021, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee4595 View Post
In PA you always have to apply for a new claim when you hit your benefit year end date, which is one year from when you initially applied. If you qualify for a new claim, then you start over with 26 weeks of UC. If you don’t qualify, you will roll back to your old claim and be put on the appropriate extension, PEUC or EB depending on what you’ve already used or had left.

You can submit a new claim online or you can call and talk to a representative and do it over the phone with them. I did it over the phone. Yes it took forever to get through and then was on hold over an hour but once you get through it will be done and you can just keep filing.

Oh, I also got a letter in the mail explaining that my benefit year was ending and what I needed to do. If you haven’t gotten that yet, hopefully you do soon.

Good luck!
I never received such letter.... The letter I received was back in November that they added 13 weeks of EB onto my account. BTW did they roll you back onto PEUC or did you start over with 26 weeks?

Old 02-17-2021, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I never received such letter.... The letter I received was back in November that they added 13 weeks of EB onto my account. BTW did they roll you back onto PEUC or did you start over with 26 weeks?
Same with me. I received a letter saying that I was going to be placed on EB. I never had the option to file a new claim in December or at least I don't think I did.

Old 02-17-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee4595 View Post

Good luck!
For some reason it won't allow to file a new claim on the UI site. I'm just going to have to keep calling the number. What time range during the day did you get through?

Old 02-18-2021, 10:17 AM

Just talked to an agent on the chat. She confirmed that my PEUC will continue starting next week. I'm not eligible for a new claim unfortunately but my PEUC will last me until April. That's great news.

Old 02-18-2021, 12:59 PM

I did reach out to them again and I was eligible for a new claim at the same WBR.

Old 02-18-2021, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I did reach out to them again and I was eligible for a new claim at the same WBR.
That's great news. That will allow you to claim the 400 once the new stimulus passes. I think PEUC is all I need. I need to get back into the workforce by April. Going a little stir crazy not working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment