Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 04:02 PM

193 posts, read 534,970 times

Advertisements

I have never been this angry and any person, God and Jesus or anyone than I am now over this recession. This is the worst thing that has ever happened. I am so livid I am even starting to get angry at my mom. I really am starting to think the recession will go on until the end of time.

I dislike women even more than before becuase I feel that them having babies is one of the causes of the recession by adding more people to this crowded earth, causing credit crunches and housing crises, and taking what few jobs there are.

I would be willing to trade my family for a job. This is getting desperate and I have no future. I hate God and Jesus for causing this recession.

I don't know what to do. This is getting me so angry to the point I really do think I am going to lose it. I would rather lose a family member than be unemployed for the rest of my life.

Does anyone know what they are doing to get through this recession? I am too angry to pray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 05:17 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,865,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktanner View Post
I have never been this angry and any person, God and Jesus or anyone than I am now over this recession. This is the worst thing that has ever happened. I am so livid I am even starting to get angry at my mom. I really am starting to think the recession will go on until the end of time.

I dislike women even more than before becuase I feel that them having babies is one of the causes of the recession by adding more people to this crowded earth, causing credit crunches and housing crises, and taking what few jobs there are.

I would be willing to trade my family for a job. This is getting desperate and I have no future. I hate God and Jesus for causing this recession.

I don't know what to do. This is getting me so angry to the point I really do think I am going to lose it. I would rather lose a family member than be unemployed for the rest of my life.

Does anyone know what they are doing to get through this recession? I am too angry to pray.
I do agree with you that being unemployed is one of the worst events in a person's life. I think if I were to rank the worst events of my life it would go something like this: 1. Losing a loved one. 2. Having a creep stalk me. 3. Being unemployed for seven months. 4. Being diagnosed with asthma.

I sometimes get so stressed about my job situation that I wish I had access to a punching bag so I could hit something and feel better. That being said, I have to keep sane or I will never find a job. I have been trying to go to church to help with my sanity and it does help. I choose to forgive everyone involved in my unemployment because what is it going to help if I stay angry with them? It won't help me at all. I have to keep working on finding a job. An interviewer can detect anger.

You say you blame women, but there are plenty of women struggling with unemployment. I am one of them. It is way too easy to look for someone to blame, but I want to stop blaming others for my circumstances. It is easy to blame the government, former employers, colleges, coworkers, interviewers, the world, men, children, illegal aliens, etc. Sitting around and blaming others is only wasting valuable job searching time. If it is always someone's fault, then what incentive do we have to improve?

I have honestly gotten to the point that I would sell all my possessions to get a job. I too, am very desperate. I often worry that I will never see the end of my unemployment. It is really tough not having work and having asthma. I struggle to pay for meds on $265 a week in unemployment. I often worry about the day coming when I have an asthma attack and no inhaler to relieve it.

Right now, I am looking to God to help me get through this horrible time. He didn't cause the recession. The recession was caused by humans who refused to live within their means and government who encouraged everyone to spend beyond their means.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:22 PM

11,300 posts, read 18,895,695 times
Quote:

I dislike women even more than before becuase I feel that them having babies is one of the causes of the recession by adding more people to this crowded earth, causing credit crunches and housing crises, and taking what few jobs there are..
It's us men and our desires for them that cause them to have babies..... so I can't "dislike" them. And, since you say "more than before", did you dislike your mother, she's a woman.....

Old 01-07-2010, 11:09 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,909,927 times
1-800-273- talk

Old 01-08-2010, 10:23 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times
Women can't make babies without men--or did you forget that little fact of life?

I hope you're a troll because if not, well, get some help.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:31 AM

145 posts, read 576,512 times
First, you will not be unemployed for the rest of your life. This is a recession and it will pass.

Second, I think you have too many issues and need professional help. If you cannot afford private therapy, there are many free clinics around the country. Please find one and good luck.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:32 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,553,510 times
Can't find a job? Move to a place where there are jobs! Check job listings, see what careers are in demand, then work to improve your skills so that you can get those jobs! Offer to work for less! Yes, there are factors greater than ourselves that have caused this problem -- we all have our theories (mine is our wages, taxes are too high and there's way too much regulation and we are not competing globally; others think lack of regulation is to blame, who cares, you need to take responsibility for your own life and adjust accordingly).

Old 01-08-2010, 10:35 AM

193 posts, read 534,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post
1-800-273- talk
What is this specific number for?

Old 01-08-2010, 10:40 AM

74 posts, read 198,447 times
Women don't spontaneously get themselves pregnant (if that were the case there would be a LOT less births), and thank God I'm not related to you. When I lost my job it was family that saw me through it, almost a whole year out of work. Now that this same family member has lost their employment and their home, I am turning around and helping them.

When times get hard, families come together for support. Despite what you said, hopefully you can turn to yours for some affirmation and strength.

Last edited by Perihelion2010; 01-08-2010 at 11:24 AM..

Old 01-08-2010, 10:47 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times
Quote:
I dislike women even more than before
That is a very telling, and extremely frightening remark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment