Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 12:51 AM

11 posts, read 21,963 times

Advertisements

The DOW closed at above 11,000 today so it shows companies and banks certainly are making a profit now. But how many still remain unemployed? seems to me companies and banks have found ways to do better with less people even if we bailed them out. What's the incentive to hire all these people back? but yet again you have people blaming the unemployed for taking money to survive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 06:54 AM

160 posts, read 375,928 times
We won't see massive hiring any time soon. These companies know that their taxes and health care costs will rise, so they'll be budgeting accordingly. And, as we all know, the first place they cut is payroll.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:11 AM

199 posts, read 404,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I guess I could ask you the same, why aren't you out looking for a job and still have money for computers and internet. I basically work 24-7 as I'm on call, and my taxes go to support you so don't gripe about me working.
How does your taxes support the Unemployed? The Unemployed pay taxes too malamute...you can research this if you dont believe me.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:14 AM

40 posts, read 73,092 times
You don't have to answer to this guy. The all knowing "I'm working for you". The problem is, our government is NOT working for us, that's why we're on unemployment.

Hey I have a computer, the internet and I'm on unemployment. I also have a cell phone!

Someone crown me for having basic necessities. One at a time people, don't crowd all at once.

Last edited by knoxgarden; 04-13-2010 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: removes deleted post

Old 04-13-2010, 08:16 AM

11 posts, read 21,963 times
maybe some people bought their computers when they had money i.e working. I know they were working because they are now entitled to unemployment which means they had to have a job and paid taxes. Computers can last a very long time you know

Old 04-13-2010, 09:10 AM

160 posts, read 375,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 195nana View Post
I agree the GOVERNMENT should create JOBS for us to go to than have us collecting UE
The government cannot create jobs for us. They can only help to create an environment in which businesses can thrive. It's private business that creates jobs. Jobs created by government are short-term at best, and by no means a "career". The private sector does it better and cheaper. The government is simply an inept bureaucratic nightmare: Amtrak, the Post Office, Medicare, Social Security, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, & “Cash for Clunkers” just to name a few.

Why Government Can’t Create Jobs | The Freeman | Ideas On Liberty

Old 04-13-2010, 03:31 PM

36 posts, read 85,874 times
It's cause and effect. The government is the cause and we are the effect

Old 04-13-2010, 05:34 PM

149 posts, read 345,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Indiana View Post
The DOW closed at above 11,000 today so it shows companies and banks certainly are making a profit now. But how many still remain unemployed? seems to me companies and banks have found ways to do better with less people even if we bailed them out. What's the incentive to hire all these people back? but yet again you have people blaming the unemployed for taking money to survive.

Preach on Karl Indiana

Old 04-13-2010, 05:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,324 times
Default The unemployed worker Did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Going to sound ignorant here...with the talk of tier this tier that...since I've NEVER collected unemployment (one time ) over 50 yrs ago.

WHO pays all this tier money...from whose bank account?

I cannot believe the Govmt is forking out all that dough from the treasury.

Steve, you have never been an employer. So obviously you do not know where the money come from. Without employees there won't be any profit for the employer and no unemployment insurance premium to be paid. Therefore, the employees are the one paying for the unemployment insurance premium. Some employee work throughout their life (for 30 to 40 yrs) and never collected UI. For some reason, the government screwed this economy so bad and without the fault of the worker who got unemployed. Congress is now trying to dangle a lifeline for families who got laid-off playing the lifes by partisanship between the rep and the demo.. Does this explain to you enough or do you need more?

Old 04-13-2010, 06:00 PM

149 posts, read 345,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk 08755 View Post
The government cannot create jobs for us. They can only help to create an environment in which businesses can thrive. It's private business that creates jobs. Jobs created by government are short-term at best, and by no means a "career". The private sector does it better and cheaper. The government is simply an inept bureaucratic nightmare: Amtrak, the Post Office, Medicare, Social Security, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, & “Cash for Clunkers” just to name a few.

Why Government Can’t Create Jobs | The Freeman | Ideas On Liberty
I know that's right...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment