Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 03:51 PM

495 posts, read 747,907 times

Advertisements

Alternative beliefs

Are these unknown markings found on a stone tablet and given in 1868 to British Army Col. James Churchwood by a Hindu holy man in India the remnants of a lost ancient civilization and continent?

Could it have been founded by extraterrestrials?

Is the Lost Continent of Mu a Myth or Another Atlantis? - Last Reporter (http://lastreporter.com/2011/01/is-the-lost-continent-of-mu-a-myth-or-another-atlantis/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 05:46 PM

276 posts, read 476,704 times
I think you meant to post this in the "Christianity" forum.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:21 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,856,623 times
Is the Lost Continent of Mu a Myth or Another Atlantis?

Go ahead, tug on the other one too!!

Old 01-07-2011, 03:42 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,191,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
Alternative beliefs

Are these unknown markings found on a stone tablet and given in 1868 to British Army Col. James Churchwood by a Hindu holy man in India the remnants of a lost ancient civilization and continent?

Could it have been founded by extraterrestrials?

Is the Lost Continent of Mu a Myth or Another Atlantis? - Last Reporter (http://lastreporter.com/2011/01/is-the-lost-continent-of-mu-a-myth-or-another-atlantis/ - broken link)
Well, first of all, several of the characters are clearly Sanskrit which are hardly "unknown" markings. Second, the choice of Mu being a myth or another Atlantis requires us to presuppose that Atlantis is not a myth, which is difficult. It's a pity that Churchward was the only one to be shown these amazing things and that no one could corroborate his claims. I guess, like Von Daniken, he made some money telling his tales.

Last edited by Bideshi; 01-07-2011 at 04:27 PM..

Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 PM

360 posts, read 444,347 times
Probably an Atlantis-type myth. I definitely doubt that it was founded by aliens; what purpose would aliens have to come colonize earth, inexplicably leave, and then leave said colony defenseless, so that it is "lost"? A little too much speculation for me.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:31 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,154,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
Continents don't sink. Sorry, but it is physically impossible. Don't get me wrong, I do sympathize and I fully reject the current paradigm that is foisted on us by Academia: "Everything Is Beautiful."

The evidence is overwhelming and more than compelling and one is forced to accept one of two possible conclusions, either that extra-terrestrials were active on Earth of the Past or human civilization was incredibly advanced in Earth of the Past.

We cannot accept the latter as true because that destroys the "Everything Is Beautiful" Paradigm. Man does not slowly progress persevering on to higher and higher civilization, rather man reaches a certain level and then his civilization is destroyed by some celestial calamity, earth-based catastrophe or his own self-undoing and that is just too horrible for most people to accept because what is the end result of our current civilization? It too will be destroyed by some celestial calamity, earth-based catastrophe or our own self-undoing.

Yes, it is true that barren Maulden Island in the middle of nowhere in the Pacific Ocean has basalt roads leading right up to the ocean's edge.

And, yes, it is also true that Maulden Island is not volcanic.

And, yes, it is also true that the nearest source of basalt rock is more than 1,800 miles away.

But, yes, it is also true that no one is interested in solving that mystery because it would open doors that no one wants to open and destroy the "Everything Is Beautiful" Paradigm

Yes, it is also true that barren Maulden Island has numerous buildings and other structures, which naturally of course, christian archeaologists call "temples."

And, yes, it is also true that those structures are made of granite blocks with the majority weighing about 2 tons and others up to 30 tons.

And, yes, it is also true that there is no granite anywhere on barren Maulden Island and that the nearest possible source of granite is more than 3,000 miles away.

But, it is is also true that no one is interested in solving that mystery either for the exact same reason.

Yes, it is true that there are very large and very, very, very, very, very ancient ruins in Roratonga.

And, yes, it is true that those very large and extremely ancient ruins consist of several hundred granite and other stone structures that could have conceivably housed a population approaching 1 Million people by estimates of university trained archaeologists on expeditions sponsored by universities who inspected the ruins decades ago (please note that these structures were multi-level -- that is to say they were 2,3,4,5 and 6 story buildings).

So, yes, it is absolutely, irrefutably, undeniable that those ruins, that ancient city is more than 12,000 years old.

How do we know? Because all the structures are either submerged or partially submerged. In for that to happen, then would have be built at a time when the sea levels were 600 to 800 feet lower than they are today, and the only time known history when the sea levels were that low is circa 10,000 BCE, and we know that the average air temperature of Earth rose 7° F in 54 years and we know that the sea levels rose to within 100 feet of their current level within a space of less than 100 years and that they rose to the present level over the course of the several centuries after that.

And if we go back 12,000 years ago, there was no Persian Gulf, it was a river valley where four rivers, the Karun, Tigris, Euphrates and Kuwait Rivers merged at a large delta marsh-land and then fell over a beautiful cataract and flowed out the Persian River Valley through a large gorge that we now call the Strait of Hormuz and then about another 90 miles south before it reached what is now the Indian Ocean.

And there was no Bahamas Island either. It was a large island continent a little smaller than present-day Australia, and the only thing that separated Cuba from Florida was a one mile strait, not 90 miles of ocean.

I mention that only because many, especially Academia, like to denigrate, so they intentionally and willfully mistranslated texts for the express purpose of denigrating and debasing.

Plato never says Atlantis sank. It doesn't matter whether you use Koine Greek or Attica Greek, the text quite clearly says that Atlantis was inundated. There is a huge difference between something that is inundated and something that sank.

New Orleans was inundated during Hurricane Katrina, but it did not sink.

Likewise, Plato said Atlantis was inundated; it was flooded, and that of course could have happened, if the sea level suddenly rose 500-700 feet like it did 12,000 years ago.

Are there submerged structures around barren Maulden Island? Probably, but one has the guts or courage to look, because that would violate the hideous "Everything Is Beautiful" Paradigm.

Anyway, my point is you need to get the science right, otherwise by regurgitating the nonsense by the Academia 'tards all you're doing is playing right into their hands.

Continents don't sink, but they can be flooded and buried underwater.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:54 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,548,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsobchak View Post
I think you meant to post this in the "Christianity" forum.
Mu I think is linked more to esoteric occultish type beliefs than to Christianity.

I read a bit about it, but just think it's some oddball notion like "Hollow Earth Theory" or Atlantis. It might be fun as entertainment, but I don't know any reason to think it's real and good reason to think it's not. Especially now that we have "continental drift theory", plate tectonics, and a somewhat better understanding of human migration. When we didn't it might have seemed strange that Indonesia and Madagascar had some similar animals, but it doesn't now.

(Although why Indonesian people settled Madagascar before Africans seem to have had is still a bit of a mystery to me. The Mozambique channel is treacherous, but you'd think maybe Omanis at least would have gotten to it before Indonesians as they were good sailors closer to Madagascar)

Old 01-08-2011, 05:05 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
I wondered whether this is the appropriate forum for this fringe - science (read cultist) stuff, but it does have relevance.

(1) it is very much 'You don't have other explanations, so I must be right' argument - which is just the same thinking we get in religion.

(2) this is very much the sort of 'mysterious artefact' evidence used both by C34 to support his Bible - based sunken civilisations theory and the Gods from outer space that we had with the supposed rebars on Mars and the like.

A number of questions have been answered (Nasca lines, Inca platinum working, greek navigational gagets, Piri Re'is map) and the cultist view shown to be nonsense. Those are just forgotten and the next unexplainable mystery trotted out as evidence of either the nephilim or Alien scientists. Just as C34, when one of his Bible proofs is trashed, just trots out the next one. With a lot of shameless triumphalism.

These are interesting questions but in the name of reason let us stop ourselves being led around by the nose by these mystery cultists, whether Atlantean, Gods from outer space or Biblical Flood-mongers.

P.s. Oh yes. While there was some evidence for Atlantis (Plato's doubtful 'Egyptian' legend) there was not an atom of evidence to support Mu.

"The concept and the name were proposed by 19th century traveler and writer Augustus Le Plongeon, who claimed that several ancient civilizations, such as those of Egypt and Mesoamerica, were created by refugees from Mu — which he located in the Atlantic Ocean.[1] This concept was popularized and expanded by James Churchward, who asserted that Mu was once located in the Pacific.[2] The existence of Mu was disputed already in Le Plongeon's time. Today, scientists universally dismiss the concept of Mu (and of other lost continents like Lemuria) as physically impossible, since a continent can neither sink nor be destroyed in the short period of time required by this premise.[3][4] Moreover, the weight of all archaeological, linguistic and genetic evidence is contrary to the claim that the ancient civilizations of the New and Old Worlds stemmed from a common ancestral civilization. Mu is today considered to be a fictional place."

(Wiki)

As I have said before, I am not in principle opposed to ancient civilisations having a widespread trading empire and living in architecture made of huge blocks of stone. Nor am I, in principle, opposed to some kind of exodus event, a 'mind' behind the universe, ghosts, prognostication, alien visitors or miraculous healings. But the evidence is not yet anything like good enough to make them believable over other possibilities. That is where I espouse the scientific method and reason and why the believers don't and thus I am rational and they are not.

I say rational is the better worldview and cultist or theist is the worse.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 01-08-2011 at 05:27 AM.. Reason: A P.s

Old 01-08-2011, 07:29 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,912,983 times
From Wikipedia:

"In 1924, the Malden ruins were examined by an archaeologist from the Bishop Museum in Honolulu, Kenneth Emory, who concluded that they were the creation of a small Polynesian population which had resided there for perhaps several generations some centuries earlier.

The ancient stone structures are located around the beach ridges, principally on the north and south sides. A total of 21 archaeological sites have been discovered, three of which (on the island's northwest side) are larger than the others.[3] These sites include temple platforms, called marae, house sites, and graves. Comparisons with stone structures on Tuamotu atolls show that a population of between 100 and 200 natives could have produced all of the Malden structures."

That population size was variously estimated later at between 100 and 500, not 12,000 and certainly NOT a million. After all, what would the large, reliable sources of food (including meat protein) and fresh water be on such a remote place with the precipitation typical of low-lying Pacific islands? This is not like the mountainous Hawaiian island chain, where their vertical layout traps rainfall.

To pre-suppose some vast civilization is, as AREQUIPA notes, delusional and cultist.

But then; go for it. Continue to "validate your credibility" this way.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:00 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,917 times
[quote=Thomas R.;17310796]Mu I think is linked more to esoteric occultish type beliefs than to Christianity.

I read a bit about it, but just think it's some oddball notion like "Hollow Earth Theory" ...[/quote]
no need to bad mouth the Hollow Earth Theory!
now your hitting beneath the belt!

you have yourself good day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal