Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ????????
Fear 34 26.15%
Happiness 28 21.54%
Doubts 49 37.69%
Take me ETs !! please !!! 19 14.62%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:28 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times

Advertisements

tell them that they parked in a no UFO zone and will need to take their space ship and they can have it back when we figure out how it works and we will put them up at a motel 6 for their stay.

actually it would cause our very way of thinking to change because we would now know we are not the only intelligent life out there.

plus why would they want to make contact with us because either we reach a stage in our devlopment of technology and they see us as species who shows promise or they want to strip mine our planet and all first contact has began with "we come in peace" and yet it does not turn out that way.

I would not be open right away of a highly advanced species until they earn our trust because what are their motives do they want to get along like star trek or is it star wars?

plus if they give us their advanced technology then we are talking because right now faster than light travel is not possible so I would like to know how did they do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 09:41 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
There is a series called The Event on TV here. It is not really great, but interesting insofar as it is features aliens that are more or less humans (less than 1% genetic difference), not reptiles or some other nasty critters just pretending to be humans. And they behave similar to us, unfortunately. They have infiltrated the government and other areas for decades without anyone noticing...
Not sure if you are in the US or not.. That show got cancelled here. Even after a good finale..
Was pretty good while it lasted.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:53 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Not sure if you are in the US or not.. That show got cancelled here. Even after a good finale..
Was pretty good while it lasted.
No, I live in Portugal where it started just recently.
Is there are real finale or just a cliffhanger like with other cancelled shows?

So far it seems that the trouble between the aliens and humans is similar to the kind of trouble which makes two (human) countries go to war. Lack of trust, misunderstandings, fear, etc.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Too funny.
If they are superior in intelligence enough to land here,
maybe they are just as extraordinary in the looks department too.

Who says you can't have brains and looks at the same time. Maybe there are no bimbos in space

Maybe planet earth is where they planted all the rejects
in the first place

My reaction if aliens ever landed on earth - true amazement and wonder - then fearful they won't like what
we have done to the planet - if by chance we are related
maybe we just have diffrent tastes

Old 07-06-2011, 10:16 AM

448 posts, read 534,003 times
"Take me please" cause this country blows.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:12 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,310 times
I would wait for the following post.

Which City Is Best For An Extraterrestrial?

I am a 33 year old extraterrestial with an engineering background. I have been offered a salary in the $400,000 range. To earn this, I would have to share my engineering know-how with companies based either in Houston, Detroit, Chicago or Philadelphia. Which city should I choose?

Or should I chuck it all and move to Portland, Oregon? I really would like to open a small coffee shop there.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:18 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Curiosity.
what he said

Old 07-06-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
I would wait for the following post.

Which City Is Best For An Extraterrestrial?

I am a 33 year old extraterrestial with an engineering background. I have been offered a salary in the $400,000 range. To earn this, I would have to share my engineering know-how with companies based either in Houston, Detroit, Chicago or Philadelphia. Which city should I choose?

Or should I chuck it all and move to Portland, Oregon? I really would like to open a small coffee shop there.
my guess is in nevada where you would work in a military base that does not exist offically but you would be property of the US govronment and you would work for free or resses pieces.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:32 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
"I wonder how they taste on the grill?"

Old 07-06-2011, 03:40 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Default 1st question to an ET

Sooo, how is it you are related to Barack Obama again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal