Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 02:28 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times

Advertisements

our front yard watching the kids play on what was one of our first beautiful days of the year so far in our suburb of St. Louis looking east about 15-20 minutes after nightfall when we saw first one "plane" flying, but it's light was a light red/almost pink and it was not blinking like you see on commercial planes and then it was followed by a total of 7 that looked the same flying somewhat together but not really in formation and before they got completely outside of our field of view they just disappeared. I thought each plane had a couple of lights but my wife didn't see it that way but we both saw the same number, the same color and saw them simply disappear at the same time.

Anyone see anything like this before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 08:46 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,878,548 times
Yep - a collection of military jets or helicopters flying in two-plane and/or three-plane formations. I see this quite often when we go to the coast. Aircraft must have a steady red light on their port (left) side and a steady green light on their starboard (right) side. You probably saw them flying right to left.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:19 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Yep - a collection of military jets or helicopters flying in two-plane and/or three-plane formations. I see this quite often when we go to the coast. Aircraft must have a steady red light on their port (left) side and a steady green light on their starboard (right) side. You probably saw them flying right to left.
Maybe. From the description, however, they're far more likely to have been saucers.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:17 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
our front yard watching the kids play on what was one of our first beautiful days of the year so far in our suburb of St. Louis looking east about 15-20 minutes after nightfall when we saw first one "plane" flying, but it's light was a light red/almost pink and it was not blinking like you see on commercial planes and then it was followed by a total of 7 that looked the same flying somewhat together but not really in formation and before they got completely outside of our field of view they just disappeared. I thought each plane had a couple of lights but my wife didn't see it that way but we both saw the same number, the same color and saw them simply disappear at the same time.

Sunday night ... i was out watching airplanes and satelites when I saw a meandering light that traveled slowly a short distance then dissapeared... cool.. must have been a slow moving meteorite, unless it was one of the watchers? do meteorites meander? perhaps space junk.. it was east of me too but pretty high up in the sky

Old 03-17-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Sunday night ... i was out watching airplanes and satelites when I saw a meandering light that traveled slowly a short distance then dissapeared... cool.. must have been a slow moving meteorite, unless it was one of the watchers? do meteorites meander? perhaps space junk.. it was east of me too but pretty high up in the sky
But there was several - my wife counted 8.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:11 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
If I get a view in my scope I will get back to you.. Sunday my finder was off by a degree.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I've seen 12 jets flying together at night - steady red lights fading into the distance. Sorry to rain on your theory that aliens are taking over St Louis, but those were simply military aircraft moving from one location to another.

Occam's Razor (lex parsimoniae)

Old 03-17-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I've seen 12 jets flying together at night - steady red lights fading into the distance. Sorry to rain on your theory that aliens are taking over St Louis, but those were simply military aircraft moving from one location to another.

Occam's Razor (lex parsimoniae)
Ok - I told my wife that's probably what they were - but I've never seen them before and I've lived here a long time with Scott AFB not far away.

Weird that they all disappeared at the same time though. They weren't travelling away from us and fading out. They were traveling perpendicular to us from south to north as we were facing east. They were all still clearly in our field of vision and the lights just went out.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:16 PM

Quote:
...They were traveling perpendicular to us from south to north as we were facing east...
That's why you saw the red lights that are on the port (left) side of the aircraft.

Two years ago I encountered about fifty Chinese lantern balloons rising into the night sky, heading out across the ocean - I had to observe that one for a while to figure it out.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:19 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,978,882 times
Quote:

Please tell me you honestly don't think you saw UFO's...as in flying saucers with aliens UFO's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal