Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 08:36 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,943 times

Advertisements

Is the world going to end in a blaze of glory? No. Is it going to usher in a new age of enlightenment? If you give all your money away to me...Yes!

My hypothesis is this:

In Mayan civilization and many others, the day you were born was a big thing. It decided your career, and your mission on the earth. A few poor saps got calendar duty, they realized that if it was in a circular shape, it would come to an end and they could spend the rest of their lives, drinking and smoking the local weed while watching a game of headball. They made it so. Intricate and mystical that nobody would question them.

Seriously! If your job was to write out a calendar until the day you die... what would you do?

This is my thought on the whole thing. Also, I will be glad to hold onto your money while you prepare for the end. There is a small restocking fee for your dignity...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 08:44 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
You scoff at Mayan myth, yet accept other myths and supernatural things as reality. Why make the distinction?

Old 10-04-2011, 09:05 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You scoff at Mayan myth, yet accept other myths and supernatural things as reality. Why make the distinction?
Actually I think the mayans were on to something. What most people think it is... Is wrong. Not saying I have inside info, just a hunch. However, if you believe in something and can't make light of it and joke about it, you are too serious and need to loosen up. I make light of meditation, reiki, lucid dreaming and other so called "supernatural" things all the time.
It is called a sense of humor and there is nothing supernatural, mystical, or fairy tale about it. Lighten up and enjoy life. Quit looking for reasons to attack people. When all else fails... Remember goozfrabba(sp?).

Live. Laugh. Love. Repeat.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:39 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,002,363 times
Our calendar ends every year, nothing happens except allot of people wake up with hangovers.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:46 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
Follow the health distinct from the wealth. The time of the calendar i already to regard into the changing wealth. the health chooses to or not to ignore the calendar.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:19 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,350,275 times
Mayan calender
Here's one of the "secrets" about the Maya and their calendar. The calendar was handed down to the Maya by an older (pre-Maya) civilization called the Olmecs (much like the Pyramids are actually over 12,000 years old; the Egyptians simply inherited the structures, but that's another thread).

We give credit to the Maya because they were the civilization that we found with the calendar. However, they (the Maya) were MUCH too primitive to have made such a calendar.

Now for my take on the calendar...
At roughly 11:11 am eastern time Friday, December 21st, 2012, the Earth will supposedly cross a galactic plane that it crosses only once every 25,000 years or so. First of all, if this is something that happens every 25,000 years (and the Earth is 4.5 billion years old) it is safe to say that the Earth has survived this moment MANY times before (so no doomsday here folks).

However, this is modern man's first time witnessing this event. Some say this is the day of judgement, the "end times", the "great awakening" of man kind. Personally, I think this is the greatest non-event that is yet to happen.

With that said, I do believe quite a few of our leaders on this planet are concerned about how accurate this calendar is. They also seem concerned about the number of other ancient civilizations that point to the exact same date (ancient Chinese and Egyptians are a few others that point to this date). I'm really not sure what to make of it all.

Some of what I've read...
It seems that some see this day as the day Earth actually moves into another dimension of reality (I've read that "4th density" seems to be tossed around a bit). I personally don't believe such a thing will happen, but it is rather interesting when one begins to understand the concept.

Basically, our universe has many different dimensions (or densities) of reality (which explains ghost sightings and such). Because our planet moves, within a moving solar system, that is within a moving spiral galaxy, our "density" is not constant. Consciousness is where this "shift" allegedly takes place. Think of it like this.

You are now seeing dead relatives. You can fly. You can teleport. Then you wake up and realize it was all a dream. However, when you were experiencing the dream, all those weird abilities were perfectly natural/normal to you (because you were in a different conscious state). This is (I guess) how a shift in consciousness works. No one will be able to "feel" the difference. No one will notice it either. It will just happen, and we will live by the new rules as if nothing happened. Remember, when we shift consciousness in our dreams, there isn't a transition period from "here" to "there". We instantly go "there" without any memory of where we left (and don't realize that we even took a "trip" until after we have returned).

So, even if there is an event, no one will notice it (thus making it a non-event). Now that I have just confused myself, time to raid the fridge.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:53 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times

Old 10-05-2011, 06:47 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Sorry, the Maya didn't have hammers and chisels. (Wearing pedantic nitpicker hat)

Old 10-05-2011, 07:21 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Sorry, the Maya didn't have hammers and chisels. (Wearing pedantic nitpicker hat)
Ehh...I'm going to be even nit-pickier when I clarify that they had stone-carving tools, but they were simply not made of metal.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:51 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
I think it is possible that the Mayan calendar writer just got tired (or bored) and decided there was no purpose in continuing after December 21, 2012.

Of course, it is also possible that this blue planet will implode that day too .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal