Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 11:22 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times

Advertisements

Last night I had a very vivid and real feeling dream.

I drempt I was with the guys from Top Gear (the UK version) and was given a challenge to ride children's ORVs across the Western US. My little kid's 4 wheeler could hardly move me and my knees dragged along the ground as I went. We stopped at a gas station where I mixed gas and oil to put in my 4 wheeler. I put the extra gas in a gallon freezer bag for later; I remembered smelling gasoline and was worrried I wouldn't get the smell out of my clothes.

When we got to some mountains (in my dream they were the Sierra Nevadas around lake Tahoe) we found the road blocked by Wooly Mammoths... Zombie Wooly Mammoths with their ribs and bones sticking out of their crusty hides. They started walking toward us; we turned to get away but our kid's ORVs couldn't go fast enough to get away from them. We jumped onto a cliff and started climbing as the zombie mammoths reached up with their trunks and just barely missed grabbing me by the leg.

I woke up in a strong state of WTF-ness.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 11:52 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Wow...heehee... Dreams can be so crazy strange, def a WTF!?

This seems like a dream about stress and accomplishment.
What project or task has been dragging along and slowing you down? (Slow engine speed and knees)
And while you think ahead and prepare, those actions may not pan out and end up being 'spoiled'. You tried to be smart and prep (bag of gas), and as an afterthought, viewed it as a possible mistake that could make things messy and any 'damage' done would not be so significant, but still possibly not reversable. It would be more annoyance than an actual hindering.
The zombie mammoths, these could likely represent those people and things that are keeping you from progress. They are the proverbial brick walls and as in the dream, 'road blocks' that stand in your way. And as much as you try to work around it, you just can't seem to get past it. (Barely getting away)
The state of the mammoths, dead, but alive, yet not well- The 'wall' is not as strong as you 'fear' it to be. What is blocking your progress is present, but weak. It only looks monstrous.
Beings that wooly mammoths no longer exist, I would say that this perceived road block is based on the distant past, some over and done with event/issue, that you yourself have not yet put to rest or resolved in your soul/mind/heart.

A great indicator as to what a dream is indicating is to look at just the feeling the dream gave you. How does what you feel from the dream match up to feeling you have during waking times?

Old 12-13-2012, 12:13 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
That's some good insight Owl!

Thinking about it, it makes sense. I'm stuck in a dead-end job that I've been at for 9 years and pays OK but just isn't gonna get any better than it is right now. I'm quietly looking for something new but am a little bit scared to proceed.

The job I worked at before this one ended badly; it was an extremely stressful job and I quit it very suddenly in an outburst of emotion and frustration. After that, I went back to school and finished my BA degree... but in a mostly useless major (my "bag of gasoline"?).

I recently put in an application for a job that is similar to that first job too.

Thinking about it, the mammoths didn't seem as threatening to me as I thought they should be. I knew they weren't trying to hurt me... just "get" me... maybe I'm scared to be caught in the same position I was in with my first job a second time...

Last edited by Chango; 12-13-2012 at 12:24 PM..

Old 12-13-2012, 12:33 PM

That sounds like it. It came to me after I posted that the trip across would be a long trip, and that matches the 9 years of the drag along job.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:03 AM

354 posts, read 517,968 times
Just want to share the dream I had just minutes ago. When I was in my teens I often experience sleep paralysis:

Freaky Sleep Paralysis: Being Awake in Your Nightmares | Wired Science | Wired.com

thank God it's not happening anymore. I stopped dreaming altogether actually but I blame it in insomnia. Never had a straight long hours sleep in decades. it seems i sleep in hour intervals.

Anyway, I again woke up early morning today, having hard time going back to sleep again and when I did that's when my bizarre dream happen.

It started with me finding out my car door was open and being aware that a group of thugs are watching me (i also suspect they're the culprit). When I went in my car I actually was kind of amazed of the thug's skills(eventhough i was angry,shock,scared at the same time) to open my glove compartment door because It officially can't be open for a year now in the real world.

and then the next scene was me realizing im in my car and it's moving and it's dark but my headlights are off but the key is in my hands AND i am not driving it and im floating.

then the next was i am riding in a bus and i can hear the vroom vroom and the windshield is murky can't barely see the outside and again im floating. and it alternated with me in my car and in the bus the whole time im floating. it's in that time that i physically feel im floating and sort of sleep paralysis experience. that i can hear myself try to speak but i just mumble and trying so hard to open my eyes. when i did though was glad the dream stopped! and not open my eyes and discover i can't move.

anyway during the alternated with me in my car and in the bus 'scene' in my dream i really felt like i died in the real world and it felt like it's me riding to oblivion.

so weird.. then i remember it's apocalypse date tomorrow and then australia and NZ is trending on twitter coz it's already 21st in their country but they're still alive, LOL

NO, i don't do drugs.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:40 PM

Symbolically speaking- the thugs would represent something or someone unexpected or unwanted and opening the glove box represents that this 'bad thing' was a blessing in disguise.
They were able to fix or open up an aspect in your life that had been totally closed off. You may want to think back to a year or so ago and reflect upon what had been going on at the time. (Did you happen to break off a (possisbly abusive) relationship at all?)
Cars in dreams can have many meanings, it can be about feelings of control in our lives (we have it, or we don't - as in loss of breaks or steering). Without knowing the feelings and impressions you had in that moment of the dream, I can only guess that this scene may be about the 'impossible' being possible and a reality (which is also fitting to the scene with the thugs and glovebox). Again, there is an aspect of the unexpected. The car floating and driving without all the neccissary hardware may relate to your ability to feel safe. Did you feel safe even though the car was floating and had no headlights?

Alternating between car and bus is reflective of your private independent self vs. your public social self.
Beings that you say you felt/thought you died and was floating into oblivion likely points to the dream being about your feeling of control in your life, which with the car is a theme within the dream.
I would say that you have an opportunity (keys) to give your life direction but you are feeling lost (car-bus-car-bus) and not sure of the way to go.
I would look to the unexpected blessing in disguise for the direction, I bet there is a clue there.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:52 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
it's clear you hate your mother

Old 12-26-2012, 10:04 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Is there an aspect of your life now where you want to move forward, but feel blocked?

EDIT: Just saw your second post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal