Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 10:25 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

Highly evolved extra terrestrial lifeforms may be living in space and would be welcomed into the church - "no matter how many tentacles", one of the Pope's astronomers has said.

The senior Vatican scientist, Brother Guy Consolmagno, said that he would be delighted if we encountered intelligent aliens and would be happy to baptise them.

Pope Benedict XVI's astronomer: the Catholic Church welcomes aliens - Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 11:05 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,564,648 times
Don't know that that's news. I read a book by him once. I might have e-mailed him too, not sure.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:46 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
The Pope Benedict may have an astromony hobby , but he know well the the only alien out there in space will be thoses looking for one , as the deception of UFOs are fallen angels which are not out in space but stuck here on the earth ....I believe The Pope knows the Lord Jesus enough to hear that Jesus says there is No UFOs ..........

Old 12-04-2011, 05:07 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,020,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Highly evolved extra terrestrial lifeforms may be living in space and would be welcomed into the church - "no matter how many tentacles", one of the Pope's astronomers has said.

The senior Vatican scientist, Brother Guy Consolmagno, said that he would be delighted if we encountered intelligent aliens and would be happy to baptise them.

Pope Benedict XVI's astronomer: the Catholic Church welcomes aliens - Telegraph
Sounds like a report from The Onion! If the aliens want, they can get in our swimming pool without asking, but I prefer they not come inside the house.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:31 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,033,730 times
Everyone knows you have to be a farmer to see an alien. They are the only ones that ever see them. ;-)

Old 12-05-2011, 03:24 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,053,876 times
the idea that we are alone in the universe is ludicrous in the extreme

Old 12-05-2011, 07:42 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,033,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Were not alone, there is also God.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:01 AM

901 posts, read 2,388,006 times
Quote:
I totally agree. It's the height of human arrogance to think we are the only planet with life on it. I mean, really....look at what has been discovered by the use of the Hubble space telescope. It zoomed in on the blackest parts of space, and then zoomed in some more, only to uncover countless galaxies that we didn't even imagine were there. GALAXIES....not just stars. Each galaxy contains billions of stars. So the numbers are unfathomable. They are so far away that it doesn't make sense for them to simply be void of any purpose or life. I most certainly DO believe life...even intelligent life...exists elsewhere in the universe. I refuse to limit God in that way.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:00 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,886,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
I totally agree. It's the height of human arrogance to think we are the only planet with life on it. I mean, really....look at what has been discovered by the use of the Hubble space telescope. It zoomed in on the blackest parts of space, and then zoomed in some more, only to uncover countless galaxies that we didn't even imagine were there. GALAXIES....not just stars. Each galaxy contains billions of stars. So the numbers are unfathomable. They are so far away that it doesn't make sense for them to simply be void of any purpose or life. I most certainly DO believe life...even intelligent life...exists elsewhere in the universe. I refuse to limit God in that way.
I agree. There's nothing in the Bible saying we are the "only beings". Whether that life "out there" exists remains to be seen. And if it exists, it also remains to be seen whether it needs to be "saved" and be a part of the church. Because...it cannot be assumed that all other life has a sinful nature, like man. (maybe it does, and maybe it does not) It's all speculation and opinion, at this point. My "IMO".

Bud

Old 12-05-2011, 11:06 AM

939 posts, read 1,025,269 times
Quote:
Based on what, exactly? Unless God created it, mankind has no clue how life started on Earth, much less anywhere else.

Having said that, I'm not sure the Bible would teach that Christ is the savior of ET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post

I'll ask you the same thing....your non-sequitur aside....how exactly do you know how life began here on Earth...much less anywhere else, unless God created it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal