Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 09:06 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,962 times

Advertisements

There are multiple videos on YouTube of "vibrating sounds" that supposedly help your brain and possibly increase awareness of your "inner-self".

Here's an example-
Sound of healing - YouTube

I've also come across videos of opening your pineal gland/third eye which is supposed to increase your psychic abilities and help you communicate with the outer spiritual world.

Example-
Third Eye Activation Meditation- YouTube

They've all had very positive comments and reviews.

What do you all think about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 10:51 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Default Solfeggio frequencies

certain frequencies that activate dna, heal and bring love etc. I have listened to these and while they were very relaxing as music and sound affect the brain and mood i am not sure about these. Certainly beneficial for de stressing, though that can be ones favorite music in general. Some people light candles and listen to downtempo chillout music and others blast death metal at full volume for this. Interesting theory though. I enjoy ambient tunes like these regardless...

Old 05-01-2012, 11:52 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Interesting.

I checked out several, cool graphics but they drove my cats crazy.

I think i'll stick to my usual Skynyrd/ZZ Top/Rob Zombie/Doobie Brothers playlist.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:44 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
A well-meaning friend sent me a CD with "music" that's supposed to promote spiritual awareness.

All it did was annoy me and give me a headache.

Whether that's a reflection on the CD or on ME, I'll leave for others to decide .....

Old 05-01-2012, 01:33 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
This is a 'new age' attempt at an old age concept.
Sound healing, or more accurately- alignment, has been around the eastern cultures for a long time.
Signing bowls have been used to align chakras. Each chakra has a corresponding tone/frequency.
I think this music stuff, while may be a helpful thing to some people, is not really conducive to what they say it is for. Reason being, it's to confusing. To many different frequancies and beats.
I believe that to be effective, it needs to be a single frequency and held there for a period of time.
Think about the Tibetan monks and their 'chants'.
They are not really chants but a deep throat tone that is held for an extended period of time.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:06 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,329,676 times
Anything that relaxes and takes stress away is good for healing the body and mind. Stress breaks down cells and causes illness or makes illness worse, so anything to reverse that should be good. Especially in todays rat race world.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:15 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
This is a 'new age' attempt at an old age concept.
Sound healing, or more accurately- alignment, has been around the eastern cultures for a long time.
Signing bowls have been used to align chakras. Each chakra has a corresponding tone/frequency.
I think this music stuff, while may be a helpful thing to some people, is not really conducive to what they say it is for. Reason being, it's to confusing. To many different frequancies and beats.
I believe that to be effective, it needs to be a single frequency and held there for a period of time.
Think about the Tibetan monks and their 'chants'.
They are not really chants but a deep throat tone that is held for an extended period of time.
Is there one that works on kidney stones?

Seriously. Those things hurt.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:58 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Is there one that works on kidney stones?

Seriously. Those things hurt.
I bet there is! Sonic vibration is quite intense. Just stand next to a car bumpin' the bass.
If I remember correctly, the 'cleaner' we used at the pet hospital for surgical instruments before they went into the autoclave was sonic.
Interesting the things we can do with sound.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:54 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
Anything that relaxes and takes stress away is good for healing the body and mind. Stress breaks down cells and causes illness or makes illness worse, so anything to reverse that should be good. Especially in todays rat race world.
I agree. I find this kind of music very soothing and relaxing. Anything that releases tension in the body promotes healing.

The body heals itself when you are sleeping. When you get a night of sound sleep, you wake up refreshed with renewed energy.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:48 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
I utilize these tools on YouTube and find them very helpful. There are different frequencies that activate different chakras or have different effects. There are a plethora of videos . . . if you are ever in a bad mood, YouTube vids are click away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal