Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 08:54 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times

Advertisements

Looking for a while for a real thing reading. Yes we have psychic fairs and there are one or two readers in the area.

One is good but she retired. The other is not good. The third is me. But I prefer others to read for me.

I was looking through the local Arts and Entertainment free newspaper and I noticed an add - take a friend! Your reading is free!

So a friend and I are spliting it. The place is called "The Garb Wench" in Ashley and after talking to the high priestess. I'm excited!

Two 45-50 minute readings for $25? I don't think I can't go wrong here. Questions after BTW.

Will let you all know tomorrow.

~ Sheena
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 02:54 PM

Just got back from the reading at "The Garb Wench" in Ashley PA. The Garb Wench is a New Age slash Wicca slash Society for Creative Anachronism wardrobe provider. In English, lots of Renaissance Faire stuff.

My reading was so diffuse and confused. He said that I will be adopting more children this time from Ukraine.
He thought I should return to school.

He aid so much was changing in my life that a clear reading was hard and that I should come back in a week.

He also said that I was transiting from a Queen of word to a Queen of Wands.

I'm not ure what to make of this.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:42 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,785,636 times
Sounds interesting, but I have NO clue what all that means. I guess he reads cards, and I don't have any concept of Tarot.... Someone here probably knows what all that means.

I'm actually (because you guys on this particular board have been talking about going to people - the paranormal board) going to see a woman down the street from me! She does cards and although I am a neighbor of hers, I am paying her the going rate. I think that is only fair. She offered me a discount because I'm a neighbor, but I didn't think it fair to do that. Anyway, I rarely get readings -- had maybe 3 in my entire life (of over 6 decades!). But I like her, and she's interested in this stuff, and we're close in age, so I thought, "What the heck!" So, I will check back in -- if it's okay with you guys -- and tell you how mine went.

I get a lot of stuff on my own, anyway, but since I have a big trip coming up and am feeling very anxious, I thought I'd try it out. I don't have any specific questions....so we'll just see what happens. If nothing else, I like her as a person, and it will just be nice to hang out and see how she works. This will be on Wednesday afternoon..... Maybe if people respond to yours, I'll have a little idea of how the cards work, as I think that's what she does...I feel like such a dope to not know any of that stuff, but I don't. I never had the patience to sit down and study it.

Thanks for the update!

Old 07-15-2012, 04:14 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
I don't know Sheena, that sounds like a bunch of bull to me, and I am pro-psychics (just good ones). Come back in a week, why? So he can make more money? Just sounds kind of phony to me. I am interested in talking to you more about your readings, pm me please.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:47 PM

652 posts, read 874,362 times
I went to a psychic in 1999 named psychic Cristine who lived in Bill Gates neighborhood next to Medina, Clyde Hill. It's a very affluent neighborhood. She used tarot cards, crystals, rocks and turquoise. At the time I was being stalked by a woman named Rebekah and I wanted to know why. She told me she was one of the top psychics on this earth. She told me I had a very old soul. I told her she was reading the mind or soul of my mother. I told her my mother is the queen witch. Similar to Diana she can clip the wings of all the angels in heaven. I said she is superior to the power of Gaia. I then told her I had many mothers. Hera, Demeter, Isis, Persephone, Medusa, Circe, Penelope, Lilith, Freya and Frigg.

I asked her if she knew of the mystical power of Thor, Odin and Loki. I asked her if she knew of the ancient Jewish tribes which are responsible for Moses, Job and Jesus. She took stabs in the dark but missed every time. I asked her if she was aware this world was peaceful 5,000 years ago long before the bible and its god came along. I never tipped my hand and told her I was trained in psychology. Science utilizes the scientific method. I went to her close to a dozen times.

My final question was if she had ever heard of Odysseus. She said the name was vaguely familiar. I asked her if she heard of the psychologist Otto Rank. His job was to automatically rank people on competency and skill in psychology.

On a side note, I used to study Sylvia Browne. There is a mystic/psychic David Wilcock who claims to be the reincarnate of Edgar Cayce. I was a fan of Edgar Cayce growing up. I learned about him on "Unsolved Mysteries" hosted by Robert Stack.

Good luck with your readings sheena12, just wanted to share my story. Psychic Cristine was the only psychic I ever visited in my life.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:00 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Not sure how psychic the guy is or if he is just going by the cards. Did he use cards for the whole reading?
Tarot can assist with psychic impressions and I have had some jumble of readings, but I always pull more cards to tie things together. Never do I say 'come back'....usually when things are in a haze, I tell people that much is 'up in the air' and that anything can happen because of standing at a crossroads so to speak. I say that all they can do is let things unfold as they do and everything will be clear once the 'dust settles'. And based on feedback, that's just how it happens.

As for the 'going from queen of swords to queen of wands'...
Swords Queen is a sharp minded character, a heavy thinker and one who is very very vocal about her thoughts (more thought and logic than emotion). Swords queen can be ruthless, but also very calculating for a good cause. She is intellectual, and swords suit in general can be about legal matters and paperwork/contracts.
The queen of wands is like a care-provider, mother, nurse type. But she is also very passionate and creative. Where the swords queen is intellectual, the wands queen is driven, she sets her sight on a goal and goes for it with everything she has. She is confident with herself and this leads her to be spontaneous. She gets a bug and in a second she's got the proverbial ball and runs with it.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:09 PM

To be fair - I have a LOAD of stuff going on right now. The reader was a little overwhelmed.

My reading was free of charge and he offered the next one for fee also.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:31 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,785,636 times
Quote:
sheena12: To be fair - I have a LOAD of stuff going on right now. The reader was a little overwhelmed.

My reading was free of charge and he offered the next one for fee also.
Hmmm, is that a pun or a psychic insight?? "My reading was free of charge and he offered the next one for fee also." Just joking, but you never know..... And be careful not to go one more time after that, otherwise you will be caught into the "3 Psychic Readings Rule!" lol

I'm going to see my neighbor, but only once -- as now that I know the "3-rule," I have to be cautious! lol

Actually, it'll be interesting. Maybe he is just practicing or learning...but didn't your friend have to pay? What did your friend think of their reading? Just curious if they felt they received a good reading.

Thanks,
Wisteria

Old 07-17-2012, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Hmmm, is that a pun or a psychic insight?? "My reading was free of charge and he offered the next one for fee also." Just joking, but you never know..... And be careful not to go one more time after that, otherwise you will be caught into the "3 Psychic Readings Rule!" lol

I'm going to see my neighbor, but only once -- as now that I know the "3-rule," I have to be cautious! lol

Actually, it'll be interesting. Maybe he is just practicing or learning...but didn't your friend have to pay? What did your friend think of their reading? Just curious if they felt they received a good reading.

Thanks,
Wisteria
Let me know how your reading goes, Wisteria!

That was a typo. Free. He seemed flustered by me, and when he began to read for my friend he said my energy was so strong he had to sage his cards. Which he did.

He used the cards much the way I do. As a jumping off place. He said some things that were very on target.

He said one thing that was a little odd, but believe it or not it's the second time this has been said to me! He said I have "elvin blood" - in other words, that some of my ancestors are ELVES!
He pointed out that I have almond shaped green eyes and high cheek bones with small features.

The first person to tell me this was the Wizard I mentioned in another post.

As it turns out, they know one another, and they once had an argument...and get this the wizard stole the high priest's gnome for four days! Kidnapped him!

He was dead serious! And the guy was completely down to earth. Not like what you'd expect a High Priest to be like. He seemed like a typical Pennsylvania blue collar guy who has a job in the Stegnmier Brewery.

And he's telling me that another guy kidnapped his gnome out of spite.

You can't make this stuff up...

Now if a THIRD psychic tells me I'm an elf, do I need to go out and buy a pair of shoes with turned up toes and bells on the end?

Old 07-17-2012, 01:37 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Actually you can if you read enough of the right type of books with these specific characters in them.

*Hereditary Witch, Psychic & Spirit Medium* so I am not mocking you or making fun of anyone, just stating an observation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal