Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:48 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times

Advertisements

Are there any aliens reading this? We're in a world of hurt down here and all you do is just watch! Why won't you help us? Please come see me tonight and help me understand. I promise I won't try to punch you just as long as you let me keep my underwear.

(I thought... Hell, it's worth a try! )

Anyway, my real question... If aliens are real and are really coming here, why won't they help us overcome the many seemingly insurmountable problems that we do not seem to have the wisdom to resolve ourselves?

From a human perspective, it is morally reprehensible to just stand by and watch while innocent people suffer and die when it's within the observer's power to help... and since there is a mountain of circumstantial evidence for the existence of UFOs but no invasion fleet here trying to exterminate us or make us into slaves/food/pets/ect. it's safe to say "they" don't necessarily have hostile intentions.

So why don't they help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 11:52 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
they probably think we're foolish,have neglected our planet and they are watching us all self destruct---all of which is not their problem to resolve

Old 08-18-2012, 01:52 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
LOL- watched Close Encounters today.
Perhaps it is not quite the right time yet?
Perhaps it's a matter of overcoming our warring nature and learn to be peaceful.
Perhaps there is some sort of scientific technology that we must first master/discover.
Maybe we are a experiment gone wrong and we have been exiled to this planet, just like Stitch.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:16 AM

503 posts, read 1,025,756 times
Just because aliens may be more advanced than us doesn't mean they have overcome the same problems we have. Unfortunately, as long as one man/woman has something another wants, there will be wars and conflicts. JMHO

Old 08-18-2012, 05:16 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,449,469 times
We comunicate all the time.... remember "eep op ork ah ah"? Jet Screamer was the best.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:37 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
Maybe we are just like a weird, interesting lab experiment, or a trashy reality show for their entertainment.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:30 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
they probably think we're foolish,have neglected our planet and they are watching us all self destruct---all of which is not their problem to resolve
I agree. If they exist and know of us and our ways that might certainly keep them away if they had or have the ability to travel vast light years.

I think they do exist, But are so far away we will never meet. Probably for the best. I always said if they showed up to say hi they would be fired upon immediately. Not a precursor for peace. I always wonder about them probably sitting in an intergalactic bar somewhere out there and asking the same questions. I am serious.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:27 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Are there any aliens reading this? We're in a world of hurt down here and all you do is just watch! Why won't you help us? Please come see me tonight and help me understand. I promise I won't try to punch you just as long as you let me keep my underwear.

(I thought... Hell, it's worth a try! )

Anyway, my real question... If aliens are real and are really coming here, why won't they help us overcome the many seemingly insurmountable problems that we do not seem to have the wisdom to resolve ourselves?

From a human perspective, it is morally reprehensible to just stand by and watch while innocent people suffer and die when it's within the observer's power to help... and since there is a mountain of circumstantial evidence for the existence of UFOs but no invasion fleet here trying to exterminate us or make us into slaves/food/pets/ect. it's safe to say "they" don't necessarily have hostile intentions.

So why don't they help?
this reminds me of the time as a boy, watching a beetle spend an hour pushing a rabbit turd from one end of the sidewalk to the other. when he got to the end he turned to look up at me with his little arms outstretched as if to say; "would've appreciated a little help buddy!". at that point I plucked the rabbit turd from him and put it back where he started from and said; "be happy I didn't burn you up with my magnifying glass!" and left him to figure out what to do next.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:41 AM

19 posts, read 19,784 times
maybe they are waiting for the events of 12/21/12 to take place, and will reveal themselves at that time, in order to possibly save humanity?

Old 08-21-2012, 01:33 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
I have a feeling that we may not like it when/if aliens do appear (called "disclosure") since there are many people who already have had some contact and it has often NOT been pleasant at all. Of course, I am referring to abductions and other bad experiences which people have reported. They have reported being experimented on and probed and samples taken and even appearing or disappearing foetuses. All these things - if to be believed - should make us very wary of just accepting that aliens will be wonderful helpful beings who cannot wait to help us restore our world to order. Circumstancial evidence suggests that we need to be careful who we talk to and test our contacts for integrity, honesty, and ultimately , friendliness.

The other thing which springs to mind is that we have a certain amount of responsibility for the utter mess we have got ourselves into. We are all responsible for the power we give away to others such as politicians, etc and it is too easy for us to let others make the decisions which we should be making ourselves. The world can be changed, but like Ghandi said, we have to be the change we want to see.

In a way, the issue of aliens is rather like ghosties in that many people do not believe what is reported just because it does not fit into our view of reality. The abductions appear to take place in an in-between world where we are in a dream-kind of state. This is perfectly possible unless you believe that our scientists know everything and there is nothing else outside of that which is encompassed by the currently known laws of physics.

I am sure there ARE alien friendlies just as there are unfriendlies, but I suspect that the frindlies are going to wait until they find someone who is of a relatively advanced moral and spiritual stage before they make themselves known whereas the unfriendlies will probably target any old person and hope to lead them unsuspecting into helping with their agenda or at least having a bit of fun with them.

At this time we dont know what agenda the aliens have and how they have interacted with our governments over the past decades/centuries so really we have no idea how to know whether they are friend of foe. It seems unlikely they are friendly as they have sided against the people and with the worlds governments.

Maybe I am just cynical and totally wrong though. Sorry this is so long. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal