Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2012, 01:09 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,120,696 times

Advertisements

For the past few years or more, I have experienced an interesting phenomenon while driving at night. It seems that often streetlights will turn off as I drive by them. It happens often enough that both my kids and I have noticed.

It seems to happen at all times of the night and early morning, and it is never more than one light at a time. A few of the lights that turn off (one a few blocks from my house, and another a few blocks from my mom's house) turn off regularly, but not all the time. The rest are just random streetlights on the highway or major streets at random times.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 01:48 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
Does it happen when you are walking past the lights?
If so that could be something energetic.
A more physical explanation would be; when driving, sometimes headlights hit a light sensor on the street lamp and shuts them off.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:05 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
when driving, sometimes headlights hit a light sensor on the street lamp and shuts them off.
That happens here all the time, in a hilly area especially. Also, some kinds of street lights will cycle on and off randomly when nearing the end of their life, they get hot and shut off, then go back on when cooled.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:59 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
Or.......you could be experiencing the "SLIder" phenomenon.

Street Light Interference. Weird to be sure but nothing to freak out about.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:05 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,120,696 times
Thanks for the info.

It makes me feel like I am not crazy.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:40 AM

23 posts, read 36,536 times
Default Seen similar light phenom¿ on my street.

Not sure that there is ghost interference or some other force sending signals but "random coinicidence" nah, I don't believe in this dogma. I believe everything happens for a reason, whether the reason is purposeful is yet to be determined.
This seeker is signing out. I will seek to alway's BELEIVE in the positive and helpful attributes I am given day to day, even when I feel the emptiness around me, pervasive in it's cold, dark unwillingness..
P.S. WWDD??
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
For the past few years or more, I have experienced an interesting phenomenon while driving at night. It seems that often streetlights will turn off as I drive by them. It happens often enough that both my kids and I have noticed.

It seems to happen at all times of the night and early morning, and it is never more than one light at a time. A few of the lights that turn off (one a few blocks from my house, and another a few blocks from my mom's house) turn off regularly, but not all the time. The rest are just random streetlights on the highway or major streets at random times.

What do you think?

Old 01-01-2013, 04:19 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info.

It makes me feel like I am not crazy.
Just for the sake of curiosity, what is your mental state when this happens? Calm, emotional, sad, angry.......

I usually notice it happening when i'm annoyed about something. Not only street lights but light bulbs in my house as well.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:26 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Quote:

What do you think?
It would be interesting to know how many “others” this happens to. I think I’ve seen not more than five or ten street lights go out when I’m near them driving.

I’d have to say that someone or something is trying to make contact. It would be best to think about what is happening and what your thoughts are about that same time or during that day to help identify what’s going on. However I would not “worry” about it, just take time to pay more attention to details.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:17 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Do you WANT to be contacted? Could be the same effect as poltergeist energy in teenage kids perhaps. How about static electricity? Do you suffer from that a lot? If you do, try grounding yourself, walking in the grass with bare feet.

How far away are you from the street lights which turn off ? I think unless you are near to them, it is probably a case where you just recognise it or notice it and it may have nothing to do with you actually causing it.

I do not think that any being wanting to contact you would choose such a bizarre and unusual way to 'contact' you. Contact is all about effective communication and they have failed miserably if they cannot do more than get you to notice street lights going on and off occasionally.

I think they would probably contact you in your sleep or quiet moments if they were into that kind of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal