Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Made me smile.
My wife and I were married in 1990, when we were both 45. She had been single for 15 years, and had raised 2 daughters.
When she decided to get married she made what she called a "Treasure Map". It was an outline of her goals, and she had it tacked to the inside of her bedroom door.
I had the same thing in a binder I always called my "Goal Book". I learned the technique back in '69 when I first became interested in sales and personal motivation. I had used the technique to lift me to the top of the sales force at a Fortune 500 company.

The odd thing is, our goals were nearly identical - we even had some of the same pictures. She had put an order in for me, and I had put an order in for her.

To this very day, I maintain my goal book. There is always some way to improve oneself.
Can you explain more about those, for others benefit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 09:54 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Can you explain more about those, for others benefit?
Sure.

The goal book starts - at least for me - with an affirmation of faith. I took a little something from here and there and wrote one that sounded right to me. It expresses what I believe; it is deeply personal, and while reading it I allow myself to completely relax. I feel myself centering. I took a while at first, but now I become centered in seconds.

And then I go through the pictures.
When I wanted to lose weight, I had a picture of how I wanted to look.
I had a picture of a man listening intently, and I developed that habit.
When I wanted a lower golf score, that went in there.
Money in specific amounts,
Sales awards,
A new truck,
A sailboat,
A sailplane (glider)
A diamond for That Woman,
stereo speakers,

There have been so many things in my goal book over the years that I could not name them all. I remember at first it was hard. And slow. And it got discouraging.
But all that passed. Over time I learned how to create the world I live in. Anyone can do it, but what happens is, people don't see the need until their life has become a wreck, and their habits of thought have become self destructive. Then they have much more work to do just to get back to the middle so they can start over.
As a result, those people will assure you it doesn't work.

But it does. Patience. Practice.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Sure.

The goal book starts - at least for me - with an affirmation of faith. I took a little something from here and there and wrote one that sounded right to me. It expresses what I believe; it is deeply personal, and while reading it I allow myself to completely relax. I feel myself centering. I took a while at first, but now I become centered in seconds.

And then I go through the pictures.
When I wanted to lose weight, I had a picture of how I wanted to look.
I had a picture of a man listening intently, and I developed that habit.
When I wanted a lower golf score, that went in there.
Money in specific amounts,
Sales awards,
A new truck,
A sailboat,
A sailplane (glider)
A diamond for That Woman,
stereo speakers,

There have been so many things in my goal book over the years that I could not name them all. I remember at first it was hard. And slow. And it got discouraging.
But all that passed. Over time I learned how to create the world I live in. Anyone can do it, but what happens is, people don't see the need until their life has become a wreck, and their habits of thought have become self destructive. Then they have much more work to do just to get back to the middle so they can start over.
As a result, those people will assure you it doesn't work.

But it does. Patience. Practice.
Great stuff and I"m going to do it. I didn't see your wife on there. Do you now have all that or are you still working on some of it?

Old 07-15-2013, 12:16 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Great stuff and I"m going to do it. I didn't see your wife on there. Do you now have all that or are you still working on some of it?
I didn't try to make a complete list of everything; just a sampling. And some of it was, I will confess, a little vague, but still important to me. Things like "listening" are hard to quantify, and I remember putting "a better vocabulary" on the list. That is funny now, because I have written articles for magazines and still, to this day, look up words I don't completely understand. I smiled when my son in law, an attorney, asked me what a certain word meant. I have never been to college.

For the skeptics, let me assure you that I was not born into privilege. For that matter, I was not even born into polite society.
But here I am. Those who do not believe they can succeed, need to rethink their position.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:50 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
I too am fully enjoying my dupedness!
When I went to the SF museum I got myself a little gift from the giftshop. It was a wish basket. The card with the basket explained the history of the basket. These baskets have been made for centuries. It's a cute little thing.
I wrote a wish and put it into the basket. That was in May. While cleaning my dresser top I found my folded wish outside of the basket (how odd since the basket has a lid that fits tightly). I had forgotten which wish I had written down so I took a peek and put it back into the basket.
The wish is for a home to call mine (as in buy). Last month I got word that my inheritance is finally coming- been over 5 years for the estate to be settled, and my daughter started dating a guy whose dad is the #1 real estate agent in town.
Things are lining up!
I know I did not get my inheritance right away because I would have ended up buying in a place that I would not want to be in forever. But where I am now, location-wise, is my 'home'. And now that I am here, I can look for my land/house. By the end of 2014, I will have that place that I can call mine.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:44 PM

720 posts, read 766,051 times
Writing from work. I can't tell you how excited this all makes me. Of course, I've known this stuff for quite some time but I guess my knowingness got dimmed somehow, does that make any sense? I have several things I'd like to create, manifest, have, do and be. It's sort of like I don't know how, very weighted in my "reality", but I've had enough of the other experiences to know there's more..

I'm so happy to have found you all!

Old 07-16-2013, 04:37 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Effzee View Post
Writing from work. I can't tell you how excited this all makes me. Of course, I've known this stuff for quite some time but I guess my knowingness got dimmed somehow, does that make any sense? I have several things I'd like to create, manifest, have, do and be. It's sort of like I don't know how, very weighted in my "reality", but I've had enough of the other experiences to know there's more..

I'm so happy to have found you all!
Have you ever read, "Ask And It Is Given" by Abraham-Hicks?
I think you will love it. It helps get you re inspired.
I find many at used book stores and give them to people I think would be into it.
One woman/friend said, Wow, it changed her life.
As we stood there in a Thrift Store....right there in the "Religious" section
was their NEXT book!...She said she never looks in the religious section, but there
it was waiting for her for $2.
She was so excited.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:57 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Here is one of many:
Abraham Hicks: Explains how to let source do the manifesting work for you. - YouTube

Old 07-16-2013, 11:04 AM

Anybody have any tips on staying at a higher vibration? My natural disposition is not a sunny one and all I have to do is start thinking about the situation with my ex and I can go from ecstatic to down in the dumps in a hurry.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:57 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Ok,thanks Stepka!

I understand it now.

Now about finding love...I know several people who tell me it happens when your not looking for it.
My mom especially tells me this.
She tells me when she was actively searching,nothing happened.
When she stopped searching and focused on other things,love found her.
Well, to me this IS magical thinking.
Part is strongly envisioning what you'd like.
The other part is just to let it go. After the strong visualization, maybe once per day, you practice NOT thinking of it during the rest of the day. I was taught that if you dwell on the thought you are pulling back all that positive energy you sent out which dilutes your intention.

Though I'd dated a lot I could never see myself actually living, day in and day out, with the people I dated. I eventually gave up, knowing I was happier with myself and friends than I would be, stuck in an incompatible marriage. My mother had always wanted me, an only child, to marry. Shortly after she died I was at a bookstore, the manager thought I'd be interested in a lecture going on later that evening. I returned and was. We started dating and ended up married. I am SO grateful that I waited for this guy. So grateful that I had not married one of the others. Also, SO wondering if my mom, from the other side, had anything to do with it. (ha!)

There is an element of emotional maturity needed in a good marriage. Frankly, I don't think I was ready for it when I was younger.

I also think that karma comes into play and you cannot will your karma into oblivion. There are things we must face, one time or the next, relationships that must play out. I think positive thinking may help us to avoid situations, but if that situation keeps presenting itself to you, maybe the correct course is to go with the flow and jump into it.

We sometimes learn our best lessons through struggle, don't we? We also better learn compassion for others if we have been through similar circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal