Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 05:41 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I've been in my current apt for 3 years now and I've had some odd things , nothing major (hearing shuffling or sounds of toys playing/rattling on the wood floors). Never anything malicious. My husband works 4pm-3am so I'm home alone at night with my 4 year old. The other night I woke suddenly with an odd feeling. Not sure what it was I rolled over and noticed my living room seemed a lot brighter then it should. I got up thinking I had left a light on. I walked around the corner and was surprised to see my fridge wide open.

Like every other fridge it has a good suction on it so it doesn't just fall open and it had been close for almost 6 hours previous to this (about 3am this was taken). My daughter isn't strong enough to open it and was dead asleep and the way the fridge sits the door actually swings closed instead of open.. It was just very odd and I took a pic thinking why not. I actually thought someone was in my house for a second and got scared! I've always heard weird voices and stuff , even as a child (telling me to wake up, calling my name and children's laughter ) so maybe I have a hungry ghost living with me !
You have your refrigerator door swinging the wrong way. It completely disrupts the flow of your work triangle. You do know that the door can be adjusted to swing correctly?

So, i suspect, due to the incorrect door swing, the Ley lines of your home are disturbed and this initiates the night time openings.

Correct the door and the problem is solved!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 07:58 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,964,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
You have your refrigerator door swinging the wrong way. It completely disrupts the flow of your work triangle. You do know that the door can be adjusted to swing correctly?

So, i suspect, due to the incorrect door swing, the Ley lines of your home are disturbed and this initiates the night time openings.

Correct the door and the problem is solved!
Yah we've asked for the door to be corrected several times and they won't fix it. I thought it was the most bizarre thing for it to swing into the kitchen like that. It was one of the first things I said ( I'm a culinary school graduate, nothing irks me more than workspace disruption!)

Old 10-30-2013, 10:09 AM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times
How does it swing the "wrong" way? That's how refrigerators are supposed to swing, since they know most people are right-handed. My apt's fridge has its hinge on the right side too. So does my parent's new fridge. And no, nothing weird has ever made them open by themselves.

Do you plan on trying to move? I sure would be! Hauntings & the paranormal gives me the creeps! Nothing's ever happened to me personally & I hope it never does because I'd just be so terrified, I'd never be the same again!

Old 10-30-2013, 10:44 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
How does it swing the "wrong" way? That's how refrigerators are supposed to swing, since they know most people are right-handed. My apt's fridge has its hinge on the right side too. So does my parent's new fridge. And no, nothing weird has ever made them open by themselves.

Do you plan on trying to move? I sure would be! Hauntings & the paranormal gives me the creeps! Nothing's ever happened to me personally & I hope it never does because I'd just be so terrified, I'd never be the same again!
Fridge doors can be hung on either side. Where mine is, it's more logical to have it's hinges on the left hand side so you open it towards the kitchen counter so you don't have to reach over the door to set things out.... but we set it up for my right handedness, and sometimes it's not convenient. Next fridge will be set up properly.

I also think that when something paranormal happens, you're so in the moment with it, you aren't scared. The scary part is when your brain processes it.... at least it was for me when my cat Dagwood came back to make a visit from beyond. I would have never really known except for my other cat Zasu acting weirdly around the spot where Dagwood was. That was Dagwood's spot. And when I came to bed, he'd get up and come over and lay on my pillow with me, cheek to cheek. We did that every night.

A few nights after we lost him (at 22!) I got into bed and Zasu walked over to Dagwood's spot and sniffed. Her ears went back, and she hissed, and then smacked the covers.

I screamed -- but because I thought there was some critter in bed with me. I mean -- my cats bring in all sorts of things. Hubs came running and nothing was there....

After he calmed me down, I went back to bed and Zasu came and laid down by my hip. The next day as I was thinking about what had happened.... I got the chills and a little freaked out....

Old 10-30-2013, 02:17 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
If that is a paranormal door opening, you could spend a lot of money replacing spoiled food, or get sick eating it. If it happens again I would suggest getting a cheap refrigerator temperature alarm, Amazon has them for under $50. Even a motion-detecting door alarm such as people use at hotels for under $20. You might even catch the responsible spirit if you react fast.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:58 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
You can download free software that is motion detecting and if you use a webcam and laptop you should be able to set it up somewhere safe and allow yourselves to see what is going on. Try all the things you can think of to get the door to open. Does it open in the day too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal