Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2013, 03:31 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,235,557 times

Advertisements

Hi: Took these photos on Halloween night and were not expecting these orbs? What do you think?Halloween Night Orbs-hpim1249.jpg

Halloween Night Orbs-hpim1248.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 08:32 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
As I posted in other threads concerning orbs, I believe they are nothing more than small specks of moisture floating naturally in the air, and the reflection is what the camera picked up.
Bob.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:55 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,235,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
As I posted in other threads concerning orbs, I believe they are nothing more than small specks of moisture floating naturally in the air, and the reflection is what the camera picked up.
Bob.
Bob, this was not a personal post for you. If you do not believe in orbs, maybe you should not be on the paranormal forum. In fact the photos were taken a second or two apart. Where was the moisture in the first photo? I was asking people who believe in paranormal activity, not a non-believer like yourself. I would really like to hear from other people.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 11-02-2013 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: removed the trolling reference -- do not call people trolls here.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:44 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Warren, this is a discussion forum. And Calguy doesn't think orbs are paranormal phenomena. AND told you why. That's a discussion. Calling someone out because they don't agree with you stifles free discussion.

I also don't believe that orbs are anything paranormal. I've taken a number of pictures of orbs great and small... and each one was something I created. If I can do it as easily as I did, by snapping pictures right after I shook out a quilt or curtain... sorry -- I can't believe they are anything but dust particles.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:53 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Bob, this was not a personal post for you. If you do not believe in orbs, maybe you should not be on the paranormal forum. In fact the photos were taken a second or two apart. Where was the moisture in the first photo? I was asking people who believe in paranormal activity, not a non-believer like yourself. I would really like to hear from other people.

The angle of the camera at the time the picture was taken would explain why only one picture showed an orb.
When taking a picture, especially with a hand held camera, the camera is not completely still, and reflections are not always present.
This explains why only one picture showed the orb, while the other did not.
If these orbs are some sort of "paranormal" reflection of spirit beings, or whatever, then my video camera films millions each night.
My video camera, mounted on the roof of my house picks up countless numbers of these orbs as soon as it is dark outside.
They show up on the monitor on my desk, that is connected to the video camera.
As I am typing this, I can see hundreds of them, some more pronounced than others, moving about the atmosphere, being picked up by the camera lens.
Nothing paranormal here.
Bob.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:01 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,955,064 times
I definitely believe there are some things for which we have no explanation. This is not one of them.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:21 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,655,438 times
So these pictures were taken only minutes apart? I think something might have been attempting to manifest. The large orb has a cold grayish cast to it, where as you Halloween lights are gold. They are not from the same source.

Any phenomena in the house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal