Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2013, 11:49 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times

Advertisements

In two separate dreams I have been visited by the Grim Reaper. And I mean that - skeleton guy, robes. No scythe though. The first time the robes were black, and the second time (which happened today) the robes were grey.

Both times he was there to "take" me, my time had come, but I didn't "die" in the dreams, I just woke up immediately after. I have very vivid and realistic dreams, and I have experienced hypnagogic sights, sounds, and feelings many times. Both times he touched me and spoke to me, and I did feel and hear it, though I was aware I was dreaming.

Now, I don't really think it was death, and I don't really think I'm about to die. I'm just curious what the symbolism of the Grim Reaper can represent, other than change.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 07:22 PM

808 posts, read 662,560 times
you might want to check your health. sometimes such repetitive dreams are signalling the problems to come.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:11 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,671,533 times
Other than change and transformation, what does the reaper mean to you? If it is about change, then that's what it is. Our dream symbolism is personal, not always universal.
Another thing to think about is your feelings within the dream? We're you 'ready' to go with?
And put yourself in the place of the reaper and look at the events from that perspective.

Other than that, the reaper with the scythe is akin to the god Saturn. He was known as the god of harvest. This is somewhat equivalent to death/change, the taking of the grain that has reached it's end and transforming it. However, if you don't know this, your dreams would not utilize the symbolism.

Have you made a major change? Had an end of something that was major in your life?
Are you faced with a decision that would be a big change?
Symbolically, for me, death/change is expressed with a couple well known sayings, "out with the old, in with the new" and "clearing away the dead wood".

Old 12-19-2013, 09:43 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
I had some health issues last year that actually did almost cause my death (this was before the dreams), and I am due to have another procedure that should "fix" everything. I am also in a transition period - should be moving next year and going back to school.

So yes, death AND change are both on my mind and of course that would influence my dreams.

Thanks for the responses. The meaning was fairly clear to me, but I wanted to ask around and see if there was something I was missing. Another meaning perhaps.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:56 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
Saturn makes a big demarcation line between the past and present, too. What once "was," the past, and all of the nostalgia associated with it and what is now or the future. Maybe something in your life is pointing to letting go of what was to make room for the new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal