Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:22 PM

42 posts, read 103,004 times

Advertisements

not spirits of the people who actually died but demons who prey on those vulnerable to play with their beliefs of the afterlife, this is a very good possibility, it would be hard to explain it in the strong cases of reincarnation where the child, usually starting at 2-3 years of age until 6 to 7 recalls events that occurred in a life before he was even born along with evidence of physical birthmarks or birth defects related to the death of the person he has memories of plus also phobias related to that mode of death, evil entities cannot read our minds and can't directly put any thoughts in our heads
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 01:39 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,806,250 times
what if demons are just aliens? what if aliens are really sasquatches that are more technolgically advanced than us? What if sasquatches are just ghosts of ancient hominids? What if?

Seriously, calling "demon" on the unexplained is a lot like the 21st century version of blaming everything on witchcraft. Christian Demons aren't real... they are just religious boogey-men made up to scare people.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:22 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,100,610 times
Ghosts are not just demons. Sounds like a religious thing. Ghosts are dead people and animals. If they were bad in life then they are bad in death.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:40 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
Ghosts are definitely not demons. I believe that demons were made up by some religious people to keep their flock under control. It makes for great movies for sure.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:02 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,921,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelCapcom View Post
not spirits of the people who actually died but demons who prey on those vulnerable to play with their beliefs of the afterlife, this is a very good possibility, it would be hard to explain it in the strong cases of reincarnation where the child, usually starting at 2-3 years of age until 6 to 7 recalls events that occurred in a life before he was even born along with evidence of physical birthmarks or birth defects related to the death of the person he has memories of plus also phobias related to that mode of death, evil entities cannot read our minds and can't directly put any thoughts in our heads
This is sci-fi religious fantasy material.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:06 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
different creature.
haunting is not the role of demons.
demons like people and are attracted to them they dont just do appearances they work with people and actually help them albeit often with negative consequences.
they are attracted to tendencies u already have and amplify them, unless u reject them u will become more and more like them.
they have no moral conscious they are only a force, like hurricanes.
people that have demons are often feared by many and seem to have extraodinary ability.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:09 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,914,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Ghosts are definitely not demons. I believe that demons were made up by some religious people to keep their flock under control. It makes for great movies for sure.
Oh they're definitely not? Face it, no one on this forum should be speaking in definites, at least not relating to their beliefs of the paranormal. Remember this next time someone mocks your belief in ghosts, elementals, etc.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:34 AM

129 posts, read 324,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelCapcom View Post
I believe that is just what ghosts are. Demons

Old 06-01-2012, 10:07 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian2 View Post
I believe that is just what ghosts are. Demons
You believe, fine. My question is, what is that belief based on, personal experience or religious teachings?

I've had many experiences in my life, not one of them was "demonic".

I'm pretty sure that if your belief was correct, my mother would have popped in for a visit by now.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:18 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
Oh they're definitely not? Face it, no one on this forum should be speaking in definites, at least not relating to their beliefs of the paranormal. Remember this next time someone mocks your belief in ghosts, elementals, etc.
Oh geez. I believe they are not demons. Demons are more of a movie type creature. I really do NOT believe in their existence. That is just my opinion. As for someone mocking my belief in ghosts, they already do. And I don't really care anymore, since I know what I have experienced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal