Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2014, 09:55 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times

Advertisements

First, anyone who's had a legitimate paranormal experience knows there is more to reality than the average person assumes, even if they don't quite know or understand exactly what happened to them.

Next, I've noticed a pervasive trend in our culture (which can be expanded to virtually all the world's cultures across time) that most thinkers will be familiar with too, the "dumbing down" of the masses.

It's obvious that it's happening to us too, from the neverending tsunami of garbage that spews out of our TVs and computer screens to sub-par public education and even to compartmentalized higher education. Even the entire monetary system seems to be custom-tuned to keep us too busy chasing dollar bills (and by extension, nice things) to think too much.

Anyway, put it all together and you can make out a devious, far reaching strategy that ensnares virtually everyone in a vast cycle of ignorance
. Those who aren't interested in learning are kept distracted and in thrall with the modern version of Ancient Rome's "bread and circuses" and those with the urge to learn and understand more are channeled into narrow compartmentalized fields of study that allow them to eventually become total experts on this or that but don't train to synthesize and make new connections across ALL disciplines... effectively obscuring the "Big Picture" to the student. And even within academic disciplines, the preconceived "truth" becomes virtual gospel and those who dare venture out of the box and present new conflicting ideas are quickly labeled heretics or renegades and not so gently pushed out of academia.

Back in the paranormal realm, conflicting evidence for the "standard model of what's real what ain't" comes out all the time but it is regularly shoved back, hidden, mocked and obscured with a ridiculous amount of frauds and hoaxes.

I don't think this is all by accident. Could this video point to the reason why?

Stuff They Don't Want You to Know - Probability - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 11:20 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
Interesting.

I believe that the human brain is an amazing thing but we do not know how to tap into its potential. I think I read somewhere that we only use about 10% of our brains. Some people are able to use more of their brains than others-i.e. telekinesis, etc. I do believe that human evaluation will allow us to use more & more of our brains.

I also believe that the power that be do want the masses ignorant-not just being able to tap into those parts of the brain that doesn't usually get used, but in terms of education as a way of distracting the public as to what they are doing. But, that subject is for the political board.

The problem with being able to tap into those parts of the brain, it would be dangerous with some people. Can you image if the some psychopath had telekinesis? That would be scary to say the least. I just hope that by the time humans evolve where we can use more of our brains, that society will also have evolved and we can address psychopaths before they can do any harm.

Cat

Old 06-13-2014, 04:03 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I believe that the human brain is an amazing thing but we do not know how to tap into its potential. I think I read somewhere that we only use about 10% of our brains. Some people are able to use more of their brains than others-i.e. telekinesis, etc. I do believe that human evaluation will allow us to use more & more of our brains.
The notion that we only use 10% of our brains goes back to the 1950s, when we knew a lot less than we do now about the nature and function of the brain's structures.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:10 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
I don't think it's a big conspiracy to keep us stupid... more like people are greedy and the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Individually corporations want to maximize profits and keep people addicted to the 'system' and collectively all these people focused on this same goal means that things like free energy are not going to have a good chance of gaining ground because they would make us independent from the 'system' and thus not being slaves paying for their 'products' and supporting their 'stock prices'

Old 06-16-2014, 12:11 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
A dear friend says, 'It pays to keep people stupid'. And it is indeed true from my perspective. Occupy people with other trivial things and they don't catch what is going on in the bigger scheme of things. There is always this dynamic present, as well as secret manipulations and people taking advantage of the positions they hold.

Of the subject of mind power, if those that control things feel threatened, then they would do what they found to prevent whatever the threat is to take hold. I don't see how thoughts being powerful this way would be a threat.
However, they do feel that it is. Napolian Hill wrote a book about achieving wealth and success many decades ago. The book spoke of several of the same things covered in the video. The big money holders of the day tried to keep the book from being published.

My own gut feeling is that the monetary system is a big scam, unfortunately it is what has been set up and how it works in the world if you want or need something.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:55 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Interesting video. I am familiar with these concepts and do think there is a lot more to consciousness and our brains than we understand.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:17 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,504,944 times
Interesting video - makes sense to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal