Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 04:53 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,458,844 times

Advertisements

I do believe Marshall McLuhan was correct when he said, 'the Medium is the message'

That's not to say there may be some instances of this occurring in some form or another, but I gather anyone who touts themselves and lives off being a medium is likely a latter day con artist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 04:58 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
I'm not too sure about that. I know a woman who was buried with her cell phone. She had it placed on her chest, like people used to do with the Good Book.
Did she call you on that phone?

Old 07-04-2014, 06:56 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
I use to be a skeptic,,,but, as the years go by, ive seen and felt too much to deny there isn't something more after we die

about 10 yrs ago,,i was clicking with the remote and their was john on the sci fi channel- crossing over,,and I thought you've got to be joking,,,butthen I got to watching this,,,and got all teary-eyed...
he brings stuff up,,,specifics,,that is just beyond a coincidence

yes,, I do believe him..

but maybe there's a part of me that WANTS to believe in him

Old 07-04-2014, 08:54 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
His name is John EDWARD.

I think he does have this ability. I haven't had any personal experience with him at all, but I've watched him enough over at least 15 years, and something just feels right on about him. It's only my instinct, so I certainly may be wrong.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:14 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Guys like John Edwards always crack me up.

These mediums always do the same things to a 'T.'

They'll just start spouting off random stuff to the family, things that are common to many people in the world. They do it in a fast way, start with generalities and then try to pin point from there.

And then once there's a 'hit,' as if on cue, one of the family members starts crying.

"There was a death in the family? I see a letter D. Was it diabetes? Was it dementia? Was it diarrhea? Yes?"

sniff sniff sniff

Old 07-05-2014, 02:05 AM

859 posts, read 705,903 times
I've never heard of him(John Edwards).
But about this topic, according to my belief. Messenger of God can speak to dead people. But messengers had passed away.
How about ordinary people?
I've read a little about this topic. " people who can contact with souls of dead people". In general, I don't believe or trust in those people who claim it in reality.
I believe if there is really a contact with souls of dead people, It will not happen to anyone.
First it is an endowment of God. So , it happens to specific people who are working on them self. They have pure soul which means they don't commit a sins,even small sins. They do good things for humans, they deal justly with anyone. Very careful not to oppress people or hurt them.
And usually those people don't like to be known or famous. And if they have such ability, they don't speak about it in a random way. Even don't claim this thing. They will never take this thing as a job or for making money. or show them self in media to be known or even proud of it.

From those people, I've read about one old man who has this ability (maybe not that exactly, I don't know, but he can know someone situation after death whether was good or not ).
This book was about his biography. As a person who has pure soul , good relationship to God, relatives , people and have done good doings in his life.
The book I read was translated. I didn't find a translation in English anyway.
It's mentioned that he did not write his biography, The book written after his death by people who knew him well and were affected by him to give beautiful lessons and benefits to the other.

For us, I like to say. Actually, Almost all of us have made a contact with dead people during (((dreams))) !!
whose never have a dream in dead people?
You can contact with dead people you love during dreams. Because their souls now are living in another world. So it said anything that dead people say to you during dream is fact. Because they became aware the facts more than us. If you saw or they said their situation is good and comfortable, it means right. you must be happy. And vice versa.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:51 AM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
He is that guy who says he can talk with the dead? Hoax or no?
That's John Edward, who once had a TV show that was pretty bizarre. And, of course, I never have sat through a full episode but have seen a few bits and pieces of it. And, no, I've never really believed him.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:17 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
If he is a fake he is a damned good one..........pretty convincing with some of the things he comes up with. A lady friend went to one of his appearances locally and she said he was amazing. He gave very specific details that were not simply guesses, but were spot on.

Years ago I went to a medium who was recommended to me. She was an old Italian lady and had such a following that some Attorneys wouldn't go into court without consulting her on the case. She knew NOTHING about me before I went there and only took me because a lady who worked for me got me in.......she will not take people off the street. My lady friend only told her my name, nothing more.

Long story short, she gave me 3 sheets of paper and a pen and told me to take notes. When she started the session it was like she was reading from a book. She started telling me things NO ONE knew but me and she was not vague at all about details, she gave names, dates, and very specific info that we later verified.

The weirdest thing was that she said "I see you with palm trees (we lived in Pennsylvania) and do not put any more money in your home, you will sell it and make a nice profit." 6 months later I got a job offer, sold our house in one day, and as I was driving down the highway in California I looked up and saw...............................PALM TREES !

So, yes, I do believe some people have gifts we can't understand.

Don

Old 07-05-2014, 10:08 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Not convinced by John. He reminds me of those late night preachers on TV who touch people and they start shaking and falling down.

I was touched by a preacher once when I was younger and went down without explanation. There was a warm sensation that went through my body from head to toe. Was it from God? I don't know. I only know that it scared me and what I saw in that preachers eyes wasn't from heaven. As far as John Edwards goes it would remain a question mark until I meet him in person, look him in the eye, and he tells me something remarkable. Or not.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:12 AM

658 posts, read 2,006,989 times
I believe in John Edward and his abilities.

This is different but one December my Grandmother dreamed for several days in a row that her son lay bleeding in a snowbank. She begged him not to go out as it was snowing but he went anyway. He was hit by a car and knocked into a snowbank where he died on Christmas Day. My Mother told me Dad's brother was dying of Kidney cancer. At the time Mom was also dying of cancer. Dad called his brother and found he was well with no cancer. A few years later he died from Kidney cancer. So far I don't have any special dreams that I remember and I hope I never do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal