Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 10:13 PM

605 posts, read 866,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory View Post
I don't know about the aura -like thing. The way I understand it, it's as if you are imprinted upon birth. I don't quite understand how any of it affects you as you go through life other than the sun, rising, and moon signs having a major effect on personality and idiosyncrasies. I have read that if Jupiter is in X sign then people with that sunsign will be affected in a positive or negative manner, but I have never had the time or energy to get that into it. I would guess if you google "Astrology Forum" you might find some interesting sights....
I really like the concept of the sign and the allignment of the planets - especially the moon. When the moon was in my birth sign last summer, I sufferred more than normal in a negative way emotionally, but when the full moon was over, I felt better - and it wasn't even that time of the month.
I do believe there is something to astroglogy, yes especially in regards to the moon I agree, too, nicole, that the learning of the different astrological signs can be fascinating/interesting. I know, for me, my sign is dead on with my personality

Old 01-03-2008, 01:39 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
The thing is, there's so much more than just sun signs. My sun sign is pretty accurate, but when you throw in my moon sign and my ascendant sign- it just gets creepy. By the time I go all the way down to my Saturn sign, the hair on the back of my neck stands up.

I can generally tell both a person's sign and their Myers Brigg type within a few minutes of meeting them. MBTI is more accurate, IMO.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:12 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,046,839 times
It's a hoax. It's not based on anything scientific. Watch this:

YouTube - James Randi on Astrology

Old 01-06-2008, 12:00 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,329,676 times
maybe some people subcontiously change the way they do things to fit their sign, not the other way round. Millions all over the world would have to be almost the same... Most of it is for entertainment only.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:10 AM

436 posts, read 810,195 times
It may be fun, but certainly not realism as far as I am concerned. All too many of the "readers" already have facts fed from other people, or are good at confusing the client and obtaining information.

Go to a chinese restaurant- at the end, you get a fortune cookie, plus you had a good meal to boot.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:39 PM

58 posts, read 80,924 times
I don't know if astrology is true or not. But I'll tell you this: there was a psychic named Edgar Cayce who said a lot of things that were true (even from my own personal experience they were true), and he talked about astrology, too. I would tend to believe astrology is real, rather we can see it or not.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:13 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
I'll give you a reading, Sir Barton.

I'm looking at the stars: Mars is approaching Gemini, with Saturn in Leo...

I see you've made some investments, whether it's a car or some appliance, like a television or something. The purchase was something you considered for a while before making it, but you seem to have chosen the right one. I also see you've been contemplative lately; there's something that has been troubling you.

You've also wondered within the last few years if you've made the right choice in careers.

In your future I see change, and you're going to enjoy a nice vacation this year or next. Your finances will improve and you'll be able to afford some things you've been wanting.

How's that for a reading?

Old 01-17-2008, 11:42 PM

638 posts, read 2,281,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
I'll give you a reading, Sir Barton.

I see you've made some investments, whether it's a car or some appliance, like a television or something. The purchase was something you considered for a while before making it, but you seem to have chosen the right one. I also see you've been contemplative lately; there's something that has been troubling you.

You've also wondered within the last few years if you've made the right choice in careers.

In your future I see change, and you're going to enjoy a nice vacation this year or next. Your finances will improve and you'll be able to afford some things you've been wanting.

How about one for me?

Old 01-17-2008, 11:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
tendencies, not laws compelling human behavior.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:43 AM

I'll give you a reading, MorningGlory.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal