Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 01:11 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times

Advertisements

I'm reading all of your minds right now, you sick bastards!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 01:15 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
I knew all of you were going to say these things.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:27 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,559,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
The reason I ask is due to a statement off of another thread...

"Woman are like dogs in that they can smell fear a mile away."

I find it fascinating that they can sense fear & desperation. Also, I've experienced many instances where I was on a date with someone & I swear they were reading my thoughts. For example, I was thinking quietly to myself about a recent vacation to Hawaii & right as I was thinking that the girl just blurted out "Oh I've been to Hawaii too, it's great!" I had never told this particular girl about any of my travels. It creeps me out a bit when things like that happen & I just wonder if many women have psychic abilities or are able to read your thoughts. Would some guys be better off wearing a tin foil hat on dates? lol
Why yes, yes we do... You would do well to remember that the next time you are making fun of one of us or you are thinking of dumping your date ...

Old 08-14-2014, 01:29 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
The reason I ask is due to a statement off of another thread...

"Woman are like dogs in that they can smell fear a mile away."

I find it fascinating that they can sense fear & desperation. Also, I've experienced many instances where I was on a date with someone & I swear they were reading my thoughts. For example, I was thinking quietly to myself about a recent vacation to Hawaii & right as I was thinking that the girl just blurted out "Oh I've been to Hawaii too, it's great!" I had never told this particular girl about any of my travels. It creeps me out a bit when things like that happen & I just wonder if many women have psychic abilities or are able to read your thoughts. Would some guys be better off wearing a tin foil hat on dates? lol
Sigh and Laugh

It does seem that some women are more in tune with people than Men are. However, I think that some women need "psychic abilities" in order to survive. However, not all women have that.

With me, it is the other way around. I have women freak out on me because I am saying what they are thinking. I have a reputation of being the intuitive one. LOL!!!

I wouldn't call it psychic abilities as much as just being in tune and centered.

Men can do that too. You can "sense" things as well if you learn how to. I "sense" people all the time. But I think you are attracting the more centered types of women.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I wasn't in Dallas last month, and those were flat fronted dress pants, not khakis.
So... did you enjoy swimming in the Egyptian river?

Old 08-14-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Dude, seriously?

This is weighing so heavily on your mind that you felt the need to start a thread on it? Do YOU believe that women have psychic abilities "...like dogs in that they can smell fear a mile away"? Seriously, do you believe that?
Well, I suppose there is a reason a lot of men call women female dogs.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:02 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Do a good number of women possess psychic abilities?

I'm pretty sure mothers do. Mine always knew if I did, was doing, or even thinking about doing something I shouldn't.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
There have been studies that show that women are more in tune to other people's emotions and can relate to others feelings better. What you are thinking of as psychic is really just empathy. But really, it's just a slight edge over men. For what it's worth, men have an edge over women when it comes to managing distressing emotions. But it's only a slight edge that each sex has over the other... as a whole. On an individual level it's all open of course.

Are Women More Emotionally Intelligent Than Men? | Psychology Today
well said. women tend to be more in touch with their feelings, as well as those of others, so they tend to notice when men are not on their game. but the drawback is that as noted, women tend to be in less control of themselves in high pressure situations, at least initially. as the situation progresses they collect themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think some of what we chalk up to "psychic" is the result of information we pick up subconsciously. However, on rare occasion I've experienced what you describe: responding to someone's unspoken thoughts. I was on the receiving end of that once, too, and it was a guy who did it. I think we all have some measure of "psychic" ability, but since our culture doesn't reward that or believe in it, we don't cultivate it, and we try to deny its existence. I think it's just a normal part of human existence, though. Science just hasn't quite gotten to the point of explaining it, but its getting closer.

If you want to discuss this in more detail, you should move this thread to the "Paranormal Phenomena" forum.
this is also very true.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:47 PM

564 posts, read 747,445 times
Are people really talking about psychic abilities and ghosts like this is something real?

Old 08-14-2014, 03:54 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchupuata View Post
Are people really talking about psychic abilities and ghosts like this is something real?
Yes. Does someone have a problem with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal