Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 10:31 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,343 times

Advertisements

I have had more than one dream of a loved one and it just seemed so real. Last year someone I used to work with passed away. As soon as I heard she was sick I sent her a get well card. I then heard she passed away and I wondered if she ever got the card. I then had a dream and in the dream she told me not to worry, she got the card and thanked me. In my dream she was calling me on the phone, and then she said "oh I have to go someone is calling me", and she was gone.
The other day my friend told me she had a dream where her childhood friend who passed away a few years ago came to her and told her that she knows she is going to her daughter's wedding (the daughter of the woman who passed away), and to thank her. She also told my friend that she likes the dress she bought for the wedding and she thinks she should buy something purple to go with it. Well it turns out that the daughter who is getting married loves the color purple, it is her favorite color. My friend did not know this. I really believe our loved ones can somehow visit us in our dreams. I only wish they would do it more often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 10:37 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
To answer your question, absolutely, and many times.

Bob.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:16 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
They can visit us, but we can also visit them, I think. We can go to that bliss-place where they are, and visit. But coming back to this earthly reality and waking up can be quite a crash, quite a shock.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:12 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Aside from my mind working through my mother's death (and I never saw her I only heard her calling my name) I have never had a dream of a passed relative -- save one nightmare involving my father, that 30 some years later still gives me the chills.

And I don't think that was my Dad either.

Pretty much my dreams are not to be taken at face value.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:20 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,844,919 times
After my grandma passed away (she was like a mom to me), I had a few dreams of her. I agree with the poster that said waking up was the biggest crash ever and i felt depressed almost the day after.

I havent had any since and how in one way i did! I wish i could see her again.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:31 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,343 times
I have had a few dreams like this and it was always unexpected. There are others I wish would visit me in my dreams, and I try to think about them before I fall asleep, and it never works. Maybe one day they will.
The dream my friend had about the dress also shows that they know what we are up to. I like thinking that even though they are not here physically, that they are still with us in a way.
I have also read stories where people who are sick (people in hospice) will say they had a dream of a deceased loved one and soon after they pass away.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:24 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Is that really a good thing?

Remember what Prue said about Phoebe's dreams......."Mom would have to knock before she could enter your dreams.".

Old 08-13-2014, 04:51 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,956,707 times
I always have dreams of my grandmother. I don't think she is visiting me in essence, but.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:04 AM

403 posts, read 935,784 times
After my dad passed away, I had an extremely vivid dream in which he visited me in the suit he was wearing at my wedding 6 months earlier. I told him that I missed him and he just laughed a little. He told me that if I ever wanted to talk to him, that the voice I heard in my head would be him talking back. Then we hugged and it was the most real feeling hug...I could feel the fabric of his suit. I was telling my mom and siblings about it a few days later and turns out that each of them had dreams of him on different nights. So I think my dad "visited" each of us. I have not had any dreams like that since. I do not believe in stuff like this but boy did that dream feel real. I am so happy to have had it and it really did give me peace.

BTW, I remember hearing somewhere that when the deceased come to visit us in dreams, often their lips don't move but you can still hear them. That was the case with my dream. Has anyone else heard this too??

Old 08-13-2014, 12:01 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
I have had the deceased in my dreams, but I doubt it means much since in my dreams, I often cross the lines between living and otherwise. Dying means very little in my dreams.

I recall one dream, years ago, where I was getting ready to go up on a shuttle mission with a Jim Kirk like figure that everyone was referring to as "President". The odd bit about the dream was that in looking around at the crew, they were members of STS-51L (that's the Challenger).

So then I was going around to them, saying, "Excuse me, ARE YOU SURE you are suppose to be here?".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal