Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 08:33 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

The police station is Espanola, New Mexico, is set up with state-of-the-art gates and alarms designed to keep out intruders, but the security measures don't seem to be doing a good job of scaring away ghostly trespassers.

On Saturday night, Officer Karl Romero was keeping an eye on surveillance cameras around the station when he spotted something strange in the sally port, or secured entryway.

Police Officer Believes Ghost Is Haunting Station (VIDEO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 06:34 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,953,477 times
Well, it does appear to move like a person. I don't think it's an insect.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:04 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,524,334 times
Just saw this on the news. Looks interesting - more convincing than most, but again we've got nothing more than a poor quality video to debate over. My best guess is that it was a dust devil or something else caused by the wind.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:36 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times

Quote:
Romero reported the spooky sighting to his superiors. Some, like Detective Solomon Romero, agreed a ghost could be the only possible explanation.
These are the guys who are paid to solve crimes? Pity the poor taxpayers in Espanola.

I'm not saying it is or isn't a ghost, but certainly there are other possible explanations.

Old 09-26-2014, 04:17 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
I believe this was nothing more than the bored police officer manufacturing this video.
If it were truly a surveillance camera used to keep an eye on the property, that blurred video would be as clear as a bell.
Cameras use for keeping in touch with what is going on around buildings, don't have blurry visions like this one,
It is an obvious hoax, done by the officer.

Bob.

Old 09-26-2014, 05:51 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Obviously the video is or appears to be blurred,,,,, that’s because it’s at night in the dark and the IR (infrared) is capturing the heat signature of something moving. The camera video quality it typical of most older security systems being used,,, not everything is in new HD video.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:46 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Well, it moves and walks like a human. It was either a human or a ghost. Dust particles don't move like that! Why would they make it up? Just to look foolish?

Old 09-27-2014, 03:32 PM

53 posts, read 89,339 times
I think the video is pretty convincing....I live in the southwest and have seen dust devils; they swirl around and don't "walk"....exactly like how a human walks.......

It's not out of the realm of possibility that the officer would make this stuff up, but why? For attention, I guess, but as a male police officer he's going to get all the WRONG kind of attention for believing in ghosts. Your reputation in a police dept. is not exactly going to skyrocket after you go on local news saying you observed a ghostly image on video.

Old 09-29-2014, 11:13 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,524,334 times
You're right - probably not a dust devil. I've watched it a few more times and whatever it is move "in front" of the part of the fence/gate (?) on the right, which suggests that it's on the lens of the camera or the plastic/glass dome. There's nothing about it that has human movements - the quality is too poor to make that distinction, so it's merely a matter of your wanting to interpret it as a human form.

I retract what I stated earlier about "more convincing than most".

As for why they would "make it up" - people do it all the time, and I don't see why cops would be immune from this. In fact I think there are reasons why they would be more likely to engage in this kind of hoaxing... but then again they may in fact just be sincerely baffled by this. As for reputation, well, there are many cultures where belief in the supernatural is the norm so admitting to something like this is far from stigmatizing.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:30 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Why are all video tape "ghost sightings" documented on the worst quality video imaginable? It's like, this is 2014, cell phone cameras have better video quality.
This is not a case of a ghost, this is a case of this police department relying on last centuries video technology and probably using 20 year old video tape that has been re-recorded several thousand times over. Insects on the lens maybe, with some of the solid images like the pole burned into the image so that it appears to move behind objects, more likely the tape is so old it's picking up some artifacts from previous recordings that are bleeding over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal