Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 02:40 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,996 times

Advertisements

I'm new, and I love reading here. So I decided to join, and see if anyone could help me figure this out.

It's been 10 yrs since both of parents have passed away. 2 mos apart. Just abt killed me
And I've been hearing all kinds of things for that amount of time...

Here's just one example: I hear 'them ' in the kitchen in the wee hrs of the morning. I can hear what sounds like cupboards closing. Dishes being moved in the sink. Just banging, as if someones doing their thing in the morning. I used to hear what i thought was my dad walking down the hall to the bathroom
at 5'30 am . I hear these things anywhere from 5- 6'30. Have heard noises at 11'30 at night, too, then I have to tell them to be quiet, as i'm trying to sleep. They stop.

I has some crumpled up plastic bags on my counter from the groceries, and i could hear them being moved and squished.
Other things have happened , which I'll get to next...and i have that stuff recorded, in case no one believed me!! lol
Are these what they call 'residual noises"???
This stuff blows my mind!!!!!

One last one for now. I had the blender portion (plastic) on my counter to dry. In the middle of the night I heard that thing drop to the floor and roll, making all kinds of noise. Of course, in the a.m it was
right where i left it on the counter to dry. Weird.

More to come...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 02:43 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,406 times
Are you living in the house your parents lived in?

Old 08-23-2014, 03:24 PM

Yes, and i remodeled it too! I've gone thru the house w/the sage removal, cuz of things happening in the bdrm my cousin would sleep in. I sleep in my parents bedrm...but i've never seen them.

I take that back, i did see my mom in a brief visit in a dream.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:53 PM

If these noises started after your parents passed away then it might be them. I don't now much about this kind of stuff, but there are others on here that do and might be able to tell you what they think. I do find it really fascinating though. I wonder if 5:00-6:30 am is when they would normally wake up, since that is when the noises often happen.
This is off topic but I have read that true soul mates will very often pass away within 2-3 months of each other like your parents did.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:58 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
If these noises started after your parents passed away then it might be them. I don't now much about this kind of stuff, but there are others on here that do and might be able to tell you what they think. I do find it really fascinating though. I wonder if 5:00-6:30 am is when they would normally wake up, since that is when the noises often happen.
This is off topic but I have read that true soul mates will very often pass away within 2-3 months of each other like your parents did.

Not always true and it is couples who have been married for 50+ years not specifically "soul mates" and it is usually from natural causes.

When our friend's Mother crossed over he and his wife jumped right in and started helping more than they had been when his Mother was alive.

His Father killed himself within a few months of her death, unfortunately it wasn't because he missed his wife, he missed his lifestyle when his wife was alive and waiting on him like a servant.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:00 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Yes, and i remodeled it too! I've gone thru the house w/the sage removal, cuz of things happening in the bdrm my cousin would sleep in. I sleep in my parents bedrm...but i've never seen them.

I take that back, i did see my mom in a brief visit in a dream.

The next time you hear the noises, go into the kitchen and tell them that you miss them as well, you hope they like the remodeling and updating you have done and tell them you are fine, you can take care of yourself and it is time for them to go home.

You may have to do this several times but they should go home after they are sure that you are fine.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post

Yes, this was the time they would start their day. My dad would read the paper, and i thought i could hear him turning the pages too. I find it fascinating also.

Unfortunately, my mother had had a stroke and wasn't aware that my father had passed away.
But he just crawled into bed one day, and decided it was time to go. Cuz he didn't think my mother would be coming home from the hospital. She's had been there for 5 mos before i brought her home.
He was 91 1/2 and tired. crying . better stop now...

Old 08-23-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
The next time you hear the noises, go into the kitchen and tell them that you miss them as well, you hope they like the remodeling and updating you have done and tell them you are fine, you can take care of yourself and it is time for them to go home.

You may have to do this several times but they should go home after they are sure that you are fine.

I sleep w/my tv on so i don't hear it. Sometimes it scares me...i don't know why.
But i will do as you suggest. I just figure that this is their home and they have every right to be here.
And it keeps us close, in a weird way...

Old 08-23-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Yes, this was the time they would start their day. My dad would read the paper, and i thought i could hear him turning the pages too. I find it fascinating also.
It does sound like it's your parents. I have heard that often spirits are "stuck" and need help moving on, but I wonder if this is always the case. Can spirits who are not "stuck" come and visit when they want to? I would think they can.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:59 PM

22,450 posts, read 11,977,478 times
OP---Have you considered contacting a good medium? S/he could help you get in touch with your parents to see if they have any messages for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal