Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 01:00 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,171,420 times

Advertisements

Ghosts, haunted houses and to a lesser degree, psychic predictions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 07:04 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,255,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
A little research and reading over the last couple days have reenforced my interest in cryptic animals. Particularly new and possibly not so new, canine predators. This "Hissin Critter" three toed tracks and bizzare skeletons, with spiked backs and oversize teeth and jaws have my curiosity piqued.

The ...breeding possibilities...interest me.

They all hang out some what in the same areas.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:09 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,650,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
They all hang out some what in the same areas.
Seems so. There is a common thread to these creatures. Something about the area. I need to look over some maps, trace sightings, look at the topography. Something is at work.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Seems so. There is a common thread to these creatures. Something about the area. I need to look over some maps, trace sightings, look at the topography. Something is at work.

The canines of whatever lineage have to hang pretty deep in the brush anyway around the mid-south and midwest do. Wolves etc that have escaped or been released are easy targets for a rifle. They just stand out there and look at you.With Ol'hairy all you need is Timber, Water and game and they might just be around or passing through.

There is no telling what exotic has been bred up and either escaped or released.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:44 AM

Well , Versatile, I've seem some wicked coydogs. At least that's what I figure they were. Most likely scenerio. I had one as a working dog for 8 years. His lineage was obvious. Pic of him on my profile. However, some I have seen were much more formidable. &he was no puppy dog.

Start tossing wolf into things, and who know what else, things get very interesting. I have considered the possibility of animals escaped from some dark genetic experiments, DoD, perhaps. Yes, that sounds all Dean Koontz, yet, is not as farfetched as it seems. More likely, backyard "breeders" of fighting animals. Who knows what exotic species they managed to get hold of, tossed them in with already hybrided animals, just to see what pops out.

Their "facilities" would hardly be secure, and their husbandry, misguided, at best, such animals could easily make a jailbreak. I'm thinking, they would be more intelligent than their...masters.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:02 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,799,271 times
1. Ghosts in general.
2. Bermuda Triangle
3. Dyatlov Pass
4. Oak Island

Old 02-17-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Well , Versatile, I've seem some wicked coydogs. At least that's what I figure they were. Most likely scenerio. I had one as a working dog for 8 years. His lineage was obvious. Pic of him on my profile. However, some I have seen were much more formidable. &he was no puppy dog.

Start tossing wolf into things, and who know what else, things get very interesting. I have considered the possibility of animals escaped from some dark genetic experiments, DoD, perhaps. Yes, that sounds all Dean Koontz, yet, is not as farfetched as it seems. More likely, backyard "breeders" of fighting animals. Who knows what exotic species they managed to get hold of, tossed them in with already hybrided animals, just to see what pops out.

Their "facilities" would hardly be secure, and their husbandry, misguided, at best, such animals could easily make a jailbreak. I'm thinking, they would be more intelligent than their...masters.
A buddy of mine had Tigers. This one Tiger named Benny was being petted and he reached out and bit off my friends finger. From then on that tiger changed and had a different look to his eyes. For 3 weeks it would jump up 10ft to the top of the cage and just hang there from the wire. Gave everyone the impression it was trying to get out.

These are wild animals you are messing with and might not have any fear of humans at all. Be careful.
I always have a pack or two of firecrackers handy in case of emergency(i hope it would turn the tide).

Old 02-17-2015, 05:23 PM

A friend of mine tells me animals like this are called tso ape. Don't quote me on the spelling It means "ghost". Loosely translate.There another word that goes with that that means "dog" or canine in general. Coyote is "izhape'. Again , not sure of the spelling.

I've been tracking predators all my life. To my buddy, and other...acquaintances..of his, the coyote, and relatives, ate the trickster gods of the sagebrush and hills. Like Loki, in Norse mythology. Whilst trailing stock killing cat, the hunt has been stopped, cold, by my friend. And I listened. Certain signs mean don't proceed. I learned., early, not to call this mumbo jumbo. I don't see things like he does, not always, never will. But, I know enough to listen to him when he does see, or hear, or smell things.

The cryptids spook him all to Hell. Not coydogs , but...other..things. I haven't seen him in some months, but , when I do, I'm gonna run some of this Southeastern/Midwestern stuff by him. See how it compares to our Great Basin stuff. I have no plans of hopping a flight , with a day pack and a camera , thinking to track these animals. Seen to much and know way better.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:28 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,368,575 times
For me, it's Ancient Alien theory. Not a lot of the stuff the show has gotten into for the past couple of years, but a lot about the basic theory.

Why do all religions have "the Gods" coming down from the sky?

Why do so many religions claim that "God" created us in his image?

To me, the basic premise ... that we humans had help in the early days, and this help directed us in that formation of societies, seems quite plausible, and would explain where our religions and some early legends came from.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:03 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,188,060 times
For me:

1. Ghosts, hauntings, haunted places, poltergeists

2. Witchcraft/supernatural magic/Voodoo (Haitian and Louisiana)

3. Mythical..monsters (for lack of a better term) like werewolves and vampires. Actually, mainly just those two, but to a slightly lesser extent, other mythical folkloric beasts that have been supposedly seen by modern people and aren't easily classifiable--not cryptids.

4. Curses, cursed objects, odd coincidences, miscellaneous nautical lore that doesn't fit elsewhere

5. ESP/Psychokinesis--and cryptids (tie).

My least favorites:

1. Aliens

2. UFOs

3. Anything that involves some kind of bizarre conspiracy that touches on the paranormal, like a government cover-up of UFOs for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal