Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 05:47 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,538 times

Advertisements

I've had some experiences with what I beleive to be the spirits of my son and my parents visiting or sending signs. Does that belong in this discussion? If so, I'll post about them tomorrow. They've passed away and I don't look at it as ghosts. I think they're friendly spirits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 11:00 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
If so, I'll post about them tomorrow.
Please do.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:27 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Thank you for sharing, cam1957. I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. I share in your grief, having lost my son. I too have had interesting things happen that I cannot explain.

This is one.
//www.city-data.com/forum/unexp...t-message.html

I had been sitting at my computer grieving and wondering whether the spirit actually lives on, I called out loud to him; "If only you could send me a sign". A short while later my mobile which was lying on the table in front of me rang and there was this text.

The others are of a totally different nature.

Last edited by 303Guy; 03-20-2015 at 10:38 PM..

Old 03-21-2015, 02:52 AM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,538 times
303Guy,

Thank you and I loved the post on the unexplained text and all the other posts that went with it. Had I seen that first I would have posted there.

I am also sorry for the loss of your son. I did post to you on the Grief forum the other day.

Thank you to those that left kind messages via the rep. It warmed my heart.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:23 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Lucid Dreaming

OBE/Remote Viewing

Mahasamādhi

NDE

Old 03-25-2015, 11:47 PM

577 posts, read 992,614 times
I'm interested in most Fortean/paranormal phenomena except for UFO's which I've always found kind of boring (or at least the repetitive books of similar sightings). Ghosts, timeslips, and cryptozoology are among the most interesting, but the one subject I've always found fascinating is missing persons. i guess that would fall more into unexplained than paranormal, but I find the stories of people who seem to vanish to be my favorite topic.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:54 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
I do have to say the cryptozoology is reminding me... one of my cats is getting his neuter tomorrow... but it's a special neuter. He's a crypt-orchid... one of his testes is hidden. Isn't where its supposed to be. In very rare cases -- it might not even be there. So they have to open him up like a spay and search for it, because it can get cancerous if it's not out where it's supposed to be.

My vet assures me this is uncommon, but not rare (well -- it sort of is in cats, but not in dogs, so she's run into this many times), abut only finding ONE testicle is very very rare -- in her practice, it's only happened once.

If that happens tomorrow, I may ask for a discount....

Old 03-27-2015, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I do have to say the cryptozoology is reminding me... one of my cats is getting his neuter tomorrow... but it's a special neuter. He's a crypt-orchid... one of his testes is hidden. Isn't where its supposed to be. In very rare cases -- it might not even be there. So they have to open him up like a spay and search for it, because it can get cancerous if it's not out where it's supposed to be.

My vet assures me this is uncommon, but not rare (well -- it sort of is in cats, but not in dogs, so she's run into this many times), abut only finding ONE testicle is very very rare -- in her practice, it's only happened once.

If that happens tomorrow, I may ask for a discount....
Okay -- it was very small, and behind his bladder, so there was some searching. And apparently he has a large fat deposit on his tummy....But Ben is all fine...a little goofy from pain meds....

Old 03-28-2015, 07:10 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Okay -- it was very small, and behind his bladder, so there was some searching. And apparently he has a large fat deposit on his tummy....But Ben is all fine...a little goofy from pain meds....
That's a common thing in horses. It often resulted, in times past, with a "proud cut". Happy to hear he's A OK. Cryptozoological stuff is one of my favorite things. No secret there. Lol. Particularly predators.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
That's a common thing in horses. It often resulted, in times past, with a "proud cut". Happy to hear he's A OK. Cryptozoological stuff is one of my favorite things. No secret there. Lol. Particularly predators.
He's a black cat -- all black. Next to his white/tabby sister with the loud personality he was sort of dull. (The two just showed up one day, and she decided they lived here now. And my husband and I said -- Oh. Okay.)

Except... he's bloomed into a sweetheart. Pretty much every morning, I'll wake up to him nuzzled into my neck, and it seems the second I open my eyes, he starts purring, like Hello, Morning!

Sister (We named her Pond. after Amy Pond in Doctor Who) still is loud and brash and tiny and a riot, but he's the one who can stop everything for a cuddle and nap....

Yeah -- we're cat lovers....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal