Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 07:50 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,345 times

Advertisements

You ever wonder about that? Say, for example, you dream of taking a fun bus ride where you meet some cool travelers and have a great time. Who are they? What are their lives like? Where are they traveling to? Who is the bus driver, and what goes through his mind as he drives the bus silently?

I used to have recurring dreams about a tall girl who would basically hang out with me when I was a very small child--one dream in particular had us at a basketball game in a high school gymnasium, very high up in the bleachers. She wore 70's-styled gym shorts, I remember her long, tan legs stretched out before me as we sat there. She was no one I knew in real life, I was more or less a kindergartner. I never forgot her and realize they were dreams, but in a metaphysical sense, who was she? You know what I mean--?

One of my favorite writers, Grant Morrison, often plays around with the concept of fictional characters realizing they are in a fictional world, sometimes even looking out at us, the reader, and seeing us. Quantum physics postulates that in infinite universes of infinite possibilities ANYTHING is possible (a theoretical alternate universe would exist where, for example, a scientist named Victor Von Frankenstein really did create life from the cast-off parts of dead men). It can blow the mind, if one can conceptualize it.

The next time you dream you're anywhere among a crowd of people, ask yourself--who are these people? And where do they go when I wake up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 08:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
The same people you probably have passed with out thing in past likely. They are not real so why would I bother is my thought.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:44 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,191,386 times
Funny, I read the OP and thought about it...

I can't ever remember dreaming where I was in a crowd of people or with people who were total strangers to me...

Hmmm

Old 05-01-2015, 09:45 PM

'The same people you probably have passed with out thing in past likely. They are not real so why would I bother is my thought.'

Of course. This depth of thinking is not for the commoner.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Funny, I read the OP and thought about it...

I can't ever remember dreaming where I was in a crowd of people or with people who were total strangers to me...

Hmmm
Any time you might have a dream--and I remember so few of mine, lately--in which you interact with a person who doesn't exist in reality. Does that person know they're in a dream? Is their life 'real' to them?

I still talk to people who didn't understand and are completely confused by 'The Matrix', for the love of Christ.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:52 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Those in your dreams could be anyone you have encountered throughout your lifetime, even if you never actually met them.
They could also be your ancestors coming for a visit, hard to say.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:53 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Any time you might have a dream--and I remember so few of mine, lately--in which you interact with a person who doesn't exist in reality. Does that person know they're in a dream? Is their life 'real' to them?

I still talk to people who didn't understand and are completely confused by 'The Matrix', for the love of Christ.

Whose reality? Yours or theirs?
Do you think you might be the one in the dream and they might be the one asking if you know you are in a dream and not real?

Old 05-01-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Whose reality? Yours or theirs?
Do you think you might be the one in the dream and they might be the one asking if you know you are in a dream and not real?
EXACTLY. THIS is what I'm talking about.

This type of stuff fascinates me--the nature of reality, fiction vs. reality...who's to say we are not being dreamt up?

Old 05-02-2015, 01:05 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,255,837 times
Throughout my entire 50 years of dreaming I have been in crowds as well as have intertwined with 1000's of people that I have never met or seen in my entire life.

Most of my dreams occur during an era of time as well as places that I have never been to or have ever seen in my life.

And yes I have always had a fascination with this.

Old 05-02-2015, 01:15 AM

8,548 posts, read 10,969,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
EXACTLY. THIS is what I'm talking about.

This type of stuff fascinates me--the nature of reality, fiction vs. reality...who's to say we are not being dreamt up?
Ok, one more time.
You can choose to believe what I say concerning dreams, or you can dismiss it entirely, but what I have learned about dreams seems much more the real and practical reason for what we dream.
I will once again state what I have learned dreams are, why we have them, why some we remember, and some we don't.

Over the years on this forum I have read many.many different post concerning dreams, and they all have one common denominator., that being, confusion by those experiencing dreams.
As with the op in this thread, the question is put to us as to why would someone have" unknown people" in their dreams?
In other post people have asked" please explain where I was in my dream".
"I have never ,ever been to the place I found myself in my dream".
These are enough examples, now for what I firmly believe is the truth behind ALL dreams.

Research into the spiritual life has given me a perspective few will ever know in the human existence.
Any one who has read any of my post concerning the spiritual existence,know I have done a lot of research,and one particular source of that research is a book titled "The Spirits" Book", written by the actual spirits.

Who better than the spirits could go into depth explaining the world of spirits, as well as the human bodies they incarnate?
I have read many papers on the subject, as well as published material, and I have found "The Spirits' Book" to be the most informative, backed up by actual human experience that we all are involved in at one time or another.

But,lets get back to the subject at hand, and that is, dreams.
As I stated above, you have a few choices here, believe what I am saying here, dismiss it as unproven, or prove it by researching as I have done.

So why do we dream at all?
Why do we dream what it is we dream?
Why do we dream something completely indifferent to our daily lives?
I will answer this by saying that when we dream, that is the time our body is at rest, and the spirit within each of us takes leave of it's human bondage.

During that time the spirit is away from it's human encasement, where it travels, and who, or what it sees, is our dream.
It may travel to be with other spirits it has known in past lives.
it may travel to some other spot in the universe, perhaps a place it longed to be.
It is free to come and go as it pleases.
The spirit looks forward to these times away from the body, for it is free, if only for short time.
In other post some have said "my dream was so strange", "I can't explain it".

No truer statement was ever made concerning a dream.
We humans may be able to describe a dream we had, but most don't have a clue as to where the dream came from, or why.
Each and every dream you have had, or will have in the future , is your spirit within taking leave of your body when it is at rest.

Some dreams will reflect circumstances that you may have experienced in your daily life.
Remember, the spirit within each of us is in essence, our lives.
The spirit within is living our life as we live it.
When dreaming, our spirit may re-live, or embellish something we experienced in our waking hours.
Your subconscious is "allowed" to witness the journey of your spirit as you sleep.,and sometime upon waking, you are able to remember those dreams, and other times, have no recollection at all.

Why can we remember some, and not others?
Before waking, the spirit returns to the body from it's nightly sojourn.
The speed with which the spirit return to the body dictates if we remember the dream or not.
If it returns quickly, the memory of the dream is vivid, but if the return is slow, the chances of remembrance is slim.

So, the next time you have a dream, and you wake to question the dream, you will need to remember the source of ALL dreams.
What the spirit experiences when you are at rest may be totally unfamiliar to you,and leave you wondering, but rest assured, the spirit is where it wants to be, and doing the things it wants to do.

You are, as it should be, just a bystander, watching the journey.
And that is what dreams are all about.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal