Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 12:27 AM

290 posts, read 259,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
You can sage the interior of the house, use frankincense, anoint the windows and doors to the out side with holy oil.

Some people surround the outside of their home with salt.

Depending on your religious affiliation or leanings, you can read Psalm 91. Or if your are uncomfortable with the Judeo-Christian heritage, find a pagan or other blessing that resonates for you.

All houses and properties have spirits. Elementals (such as the Earth Spirit that you encountered) that lived on the land before the house was even built. Household spirits that may have never been human. Human spirits that may visit, especially when you are moving in and making renovations.

I would read the protective Psalm and tell the house spirits of your intention to live their peacefully, If you are planning any renovations, explain that to them. Tell them that you will care for and love the property as they did.

If you feel any negativity, I would just have a ritual house blessing involving a clergy person. The Church of England provides for this in the Book of Common Prayer. I am not sure about Buddhists. Pagans and Wiccans do though.

Cover your bases and enjoy your new home!
I can't say how grateful I am! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking what I said seriously. It means so much for me to find someone who has respect for what I have said and what I saw.

What happened then has also shaped my views on what the earth is. The earth is not just a rock. The earth has a type of intelligence and awareness. Maybe it is not like our intelligence as in an IQ test. But I don't believe that people have the right to do what they like to it. My family would never, ever understand any of that.

Thank you for appreciating my broad point of the land being something that notices what you do to it/with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 10:12 AM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Keep kids away from Ouija Boards
I happen to agree with you. I think that spirits can get in touch with children and adolescents in other ways, however an Ouija board makes it oh so much easier.

I've told my children - now young adults - about my terribly negative experiences with the board while using it as 12 - 18 year old. Let's just say that it did not enhance my life in any way.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:26 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
Baptism I know if not practicing Catholic, but still think it offer's the best protection.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:56 PM

290 posts, read 259,238 times
Default don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I happen to agree with you. I think that spirits can get in touch with children and adolescents in other ways, however an Ouija board makes it oh so much easier.

I've told my children - now young adults - about my terribly negative experiences with the board while using it as 12 - 18 year old. Let's just say that it did not enhance my life in any way.
Getting slightly off topic. Anyway I would implore people to never, ever touch a Ouija board. I've read historical accounts where people have used one and committed suicide days later. If you want the academic spiel you have a choice of two frameworks, the occult framework - you contact spirits - or the psychological framework - you get in touch with the dark shadows of your subconscious. Neither of these is worth delving into. Just don't do it.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:53 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent hypnotist View Post
I have come to the conclusion that kids, i.e pre-adolescent and especially in single digits, have the most paranormal experiences. I also speak from my own encounters at that time. Moving house is one example. Occupying land attracts the earth energies/spirits whatever you want to call it.

Thus does anyone have any paranormal procedures for making peace with the land and its energies when moving house?
I agree that young minds are not so 'educated' into our cultural beliefs as adults are. For example, we get a lot of information placed into our heads by our education system and someone decides what is going to be fed into our brains. That someone is the State and the State does not want people going back to believing in Earth Spirits. Unfortunately, we consider ourselves "educated" now, which means that we dont have access to those beliefs which mean we are able to get in touch with such energies easily.

I consider our minds rather like a huge receiver which can be tuned to any wavelength we want. However, if we dont consider it a benefit to pick up those frequencies, then we are not going to practice doing the receiving.

Our culture system has become so warped that it makes it almopst impossible to tune in to the energies which will save us from earthquakes, storms, and other natural Earth events. Folk who live on the land, such as native tribes, are far more likely to survive any Earth changes than us who think of ourselves as "civilised". Who is the winner in the end?

Making peace with the land is possibly as easy as sitting quietly and becoming in-tune with yourself and with Nature. If you can do that, then why would you need to be afraid of the natural energies which are out there? They have always been there, and always will be. They are managing the Earth's resources and ensuring that the Earth survives us humans. Currently, if I was an Earth Spirit, I would be pretty angry at humans due to the way we arrogantly treat and poison that huge natural ecosystem which feeds and clothes us.

We have lost most of our natural Earth-wisdom which would protect kids. There will always be dangers for them growing up but unless we understand and know of the dangers ourselves, how can we advise the next generations of these dangers?

Old 06-03-2015, 11:25 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,985,269 times
LOL - I just read the prior responses to this thread and realize my other post in this sub-forum is likely to get hammered with criticism. I had no idea there were so many fear-driven religious zealots frequenting this sub-forum!

I come from a place without fear and have taught my children to do so as well. There are plenty of well documented ways to bless a home or other location with the simple use of burning herbs, incense, candles, and/or simple prayer. None of it is rocket science and I've done these things to my homes if for no other reason than to cleanse the space within which I live. Does it work? I know it does for me (100% positive). In terms of also blessing your children, friends, or other family members, similar things can be done. Most of all, teach them to live without fear or shame, too many adults have Shadows originating from childhood fears or shame following them around. These Shadows are such life destroyers, we would do well to discourage their formation. There's a book called "The Shadow Effect" by Deepak Chopra that addresses this concept well... and there are dozens of other books by different authors of various religious backgrounds that also use this term to describe the same thing.

Old 06-03-2015, 06:44 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
How to protect kids from the paranormal

Knowing just how impressionable young children are I'd say:

1. Watch your zombie/ghost/spirits/werewolf etc. TV/Movies after you know the kids are asleep.

2. Watch what you say/discuss around the kids.

3. Pay attention to what books/magazines you leave laying around the house.

4. Don't make comments about how spooky/scary something looks.

5. If your child/children are scared of something take the time to discuss and explain it without resorting to things like "we don't really know" "there are things we can't see" "children like yourself have seen/heard XYZ for a really long time"...

Old 06-03-2015, 06:48 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,035,544 times
Quote:
How to protect kids from the paranormal
Teach them early about this nonsense.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:20 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I agree that kids seem to be more in tune somehow to spirits. I have read many stories of kids seeing things that adults could not.
Kids have not been conditioned as much as adults to tune out intuition.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:22 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,638 times
Tell them it isn't even real.
Because it isn't.

Done and done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal