Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 10:46 PM

535 posts, read 1,294,896 times

Advertisements

In the past few weeks I've had the experience of hearing what sounds like glass shattering in my kitchen. Not as though a glass has fell to the ground and shattered, but like a glass would shatter from a high pitched sound or something like that. More of a high pitched shattering.

My living area is right off the kitchen, and every time I hear it, it startles my dog and me both. I will go in the kitchen to investigate and there is nothing out of order.

I really didn't think anything of it at first, but tonight was the 4th time it has happened and I can't seem to find the source of the sound.

Has anyone else ever had this experience??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 11:14 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,624,361 times
I don't get any shattered glass sounds but what I do get are loud thumps every once in a while that keep me awake trying to figure out what they are. The sounds seem to come above me, like maybe on the roof or in the attic. Nothing can get in my attic to make that loud of a sound and I don't have anything in there but insulation. Once the thump was so loud that I could have sworn something hit my roof so I got a ladder and flashlight and climbed up there. I didn't really know what I expected to find, there was no meteorite or frozen block of crap from an airplane up there so I put the ladder away and went back to bed and stared at the ceiling until the sun came up. These thumps only happen late at night.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:10 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,013,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luksky View Post
In the past few weeks I've had the experience of hearing what sounds like glass shattering in my kitchen. Not as though a glass has fell to the ground and shattered, but like a glass would shatter from a high pitched sound or something like that. More of a high pitched shattering.

My living area is right off the kitchen, and every time I hear it, it startles my dog and me both. I will go in the kitchen to investigate and there is nothing out of order.

I really didn't think anything of it at first, but tonight was the 4th time it has happened and I can't seem to find the source of the sound.

Has anyone else ever had this experience??

You need to put a chair in the middle of your kitchen, and sit in it until the noise happens again. Then, try to narrow down what direction it came from. Once you know that, you investigate that area and try to figure out what the noise really is.

It could be something that your brain mistakenly says is "broken glass" but is in reality something else.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:58 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,746,390 times
Have you checked the glass in your oven door and microwave door? How about glass shelves in the fridge? Any cracks? How about window glass? Could there be a crack formed by the house settling and causing the window frame to bow? Just a few ideas...

Old 05-31-2016, 06:42 PM

22,450 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Are you the original owner of your home? Or have there been previous residents? If you can't figure out just what that sounds is all about, it could be paranormal activity of some kind. Does this noise happen at the same time of day every time? Or is it at different times in the day?

I know that in my home (and we are the original owners), I've heard sounds like a book falling off a shelf, I go to investigate and there is nothing. Another time while I was upstairs, I heard what sounded like something fell in the kitchen. I thought that my husband was in the kitchen and dropped something. Turns out he wasn't there.

Then there was the time as I was going upstairs, I heard what sounded like the door that lead to the basement close. My husband has his man cave there so I figured that he had either come upstairs or gone down to the basement. A little while later, he asked me if I had opened and closed the basement door. No, I said to him---I thought it was you.

Now when we hear sounds and can't find an explanation, we say to each other "Our visitor is back."

Old 05-31-2016, 07:20 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,938,702 times
A few things I'd check: do you have a cell phone or computer in the house that might have an alert sound set to broken glass? Also, if you have an ice maker in the fridge, have you checked the sound it makes when it drops a load of ice? Finally, a sound that seems like it's coming from the kitchen might be originating somewhere else due to weird acoustics.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:38 PM

535 posts, read 1,294,896 times
I figured out what it was. Everything has a logical explanation.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:39 PM

22,450 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
Care to share?

Old 06-01-2016, 12:46 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,013,037 times
Quote:
Man, that's cold! lol

Spill the beans, now that you have us all curious. I PROMISE I won't laugh!

Old 06-01-2016, 10:35 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,746,390 times
Quote:
Don't leave us hangin'.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal