Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 11:08 AM

933 posts, read 1,480,619 times

Advertisements

UFOs fleeing Earth caught by International Space Station NASA camera - San Diego Top News | Examiner.com

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 01:31 PM

8,593 posts, read 11,026,172 times
I see this a lot, almost every night on the video cameras I have through out my property.
It is nothing more than an insect flying around the lens of the camera.
Sorry, no ufo.

Bob.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:02 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,912,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I see this a lot, almost every night on the video cameras I have through out my property.
It is nothing more than an insect flying around the lens of the camera.
Sorry, no ufo...
Uh... that would be even more spectacular - the space station is in space.

Back to the objects filmed - they are simply space debris. There are thousands of bits and pieces from various satellites and missions orbiting the earth. Occasionally, the Space Station even has to maneuver out of the path of objects to avoid collision.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:45 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,164,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post

Back to the objects filmed - they are simply space debris. There are thousands of bits and pieces from various satellites and missions orbiting the earth. Occasionally, the Space Station even has to maneuver out of the path of objects to avoid collision.
I agree. Numerous pieces of footage. Most are easily explained. There was only one impressive one from some years ago that showed an object approaching Earth, And what looked like a laser beam was spotted going toward it and the object changed direction and flew away. I think it was from the 1990's.

We have polluted even space and other planets. Crazy to think about.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:03 PM

24,451 posts, read 23,135,379 times
What adds to the UFO conjecture is that NASA shut off the camera after the objects were spotted. And the objects were leaving Earth's gravity which was odd. Also at the same time from different directions.
They could be man made and piloted, though.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:48 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,912,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
What adds to the UFO conjecture is that NASA shut off the camera after the objects were spotted. And the objects were leaving Earth's gravity which was odd...
  1. Why would NASA "shut off" the camera after the objects had already been filmed and had traveled out of view?
  2. What makes you think the objects "were leaving Earth's gravity?" They were simply passing below the space station's orbit, in orbits of their own.
Occam's razor

Old 06-29-2015, 08:49 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,230,936 times
My thoughts are when I click on the URL in the OP it displays Error 404...

DG has an excellent point, why would NASA shut off the camera AFTER the <chuckle> UFO traveled out of sight?

This must be another <<shudder>> Government Conspiracy...

Old 06-30-2015, 10:35 AM

8,593 posts, read 11,026,172 times
Who can say with authority that the video was taken from the space station?
It is truly amazing what video editing software can do .
I still say, an insect flying close to a camera lens(right here on good ole earth).
I see the exact image at night, many times when an insect is flying close to my video cameras.

Bob.

Old 07-06-2015, 06:24 AM

22,950 posts, read 28,350,952 times
Quote:
Space insects! Awesome. I'd always hoped there was some truth to the old 1950s B-movies.

Quote:
Yup.

Still, the nitpicker in me must point out: If we are not 100% certain what the object is, it is by definition "Unidentified," and thus qualifies as a UFO. I too suspect it is most likely just debris. But certain? No.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:57 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,940,487 times
Since UFO's automatically conjure up images of ET, the thread title should be "International Space Station sees an chunk of space debris that is not immediately recognizable"

The link by the way did not work for me, which is perhaps telling in itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal