Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2015, 05:25 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,518,445 times

Advertisements

The past two nights in a row I dreamt that I died.

Two nights ago, I dreamt I was flying into Hong Kong, a city that I've long-since wanted to visit, but I've never been. After a long, tedious flight, the plane crashed on landing. It way flying too low, and the plane's tail crashed into a hill. On a packed 747, there were 68 survivors--not sure why I remember this detail so clearly. Despite being on the plane, I heard about the crash from the news. I did research, and learned that all the survivors were seated in the front of plane. I was seated in the last row; I had died and was a ghost.

Last night, I dreamt that I was at a my lesbian co-worker's wedding where I befriended a single mom and her two small children. They were very poor and emotionally stressed, but they were able to put on the façade of doing well to their friends and family. Shortly after meeting them, I found myself in an elevator with all my former female mangers who were dressed to the nines for the wedding. The cable snapped, and the elevator car plunged. We all died, but I was resurrected as a sort of non-violent zombie twenty-years later. The first thing on my mind was to find the children to see what had happened to them. I found them; they seemed to be doing well; one was in grad school, and the other appeared to be happily married with a child of her own. However, I wondered what was going on beneath the surface. I didn't approach them because of my zombie-like appearance.

Normally, I'd see dreams as optimistic if I had returned from death in my prior bodily state, but rather, since I returned as a ghost in the first dream and a decaying zombie in the second, I'm not sure what to think.

Any ideas as to what these dreams might mean?

For whatever it's worth, I'm a gay, white, American man in my early 30s.

Last edited by Dawn.Davenport; 11-08-2015 at 05:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 09:51 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
I don't know much about dreams and analyzing them, but I do know that, for me at least, news events and TV shows reflect in my dreams quite often.

Perhaps you dreamt of a plane crash, even so specifically, because of the recent Russian plane crash in Egypt? This kind of stuff has happened to me before, especially if I read a news story or watch the news shortly before bed. I also tend to dream about zombies after I watch The Walking Dead...

I have heard that dying in dreams can symbolize something in your life coming to an end or a big upcoming change. Are any major changes going on in your life?

Old 11-12-2015, 08:24 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Twenty five years ago, I was a heavy drinker. I started having a recurring dream that I had died, but had somehow risen from the grave in a cemetery in the late afternoon. The cemetery was deserted, and I had stitches on my chest and abdomen where an autopsy had been done. Oddly enough, I didn't feel particularly upset by this.

Reflecting on this dream years later, I think it was my subconscious (or guardian angel, perhaps) telling me that I was pretty much spiritually dead due to the drinking, and killing my body as well. But it was my choice to crawl out of the grave I was digging for myself. I think my dream was therefore about my bad past choices, and about my responsibility for accepting them, or going in a different direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal