Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 02:10 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

UFO's? Ghosts? Legendary creatures? Phsycic abilities? Mine is cryptozoology showing up in new species, and historical occurance of, possible, thought extinct, creatures , but, maybe, they weren't, or aren't. Mainly Pleistocene type creatures. Mega fauna, that has survived, but in an evolved state. The Dire wolf, Smilodon, and some other, even more impressive animals.

History is replete with legends of fantastic animals, that could have been creatures, held over and hanging on, from the mega fauna eras. Or, I suppose, epochs would be the correct term. Anyway, that's my main area of interest.

This thread is intended to let all areas of interest out. Whatever, personally, interests you most in the area of the unexplained. I , sincerely, am looking forward to seeing all kinds of stuff posted here. Personal experiences, areas of interest, and anything and everything magical and mysterious.

Let's have some FUN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 02:37 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
It is hard for me to pick a favorite, as so much of it is SO interesting. I love a good mystery, I love a good WOW.
I live in Bigfoot country, family members have had a sighting.
As a youth, I saw stange lights in the sky and my S. American stepmother said it was a UFO.
Lived in a house (several really) with ghosts.
Father had psychic ability, he was clairvoyant specifically. It pops up in me from time to time.
My son was about two and was very serious about seeing a dragon in my mothers backyard.
Past life exploration is facinating. Always an interesting and dynamic story found.
I read tarot cards and while I have been doing it for over 20 years I am often still blown away when I relay something quite specific and hit the nail on the head....how did I do that? I don't know, but it amazes me.
As a child, my mother had a book about Atlantis. I read it over and over. Being part Filipino, I fantisized about a Pacific counterpart. Once an adult, I discovered there is a counterpart, Mu; the motherland, also known as Lemuria.

And then, there are the things we think we know. The pyramids are tombs....no evidence of such when looked at more closely....now they might have been power generators using water to produce some sort of energy.
Human origins, where is and what is that missing link? Is it earthly only, or might we be bio-engineered by some extraterrestrial.
There is a documentry that really got me to wondering more. It is called Monkey Blood, by AmenStop productions. They really get into human history, science, and old cultures with thier cosmologies and symbolism (including the bible) as sources to prove(?) the theory.
If it is all just made up, someone took a lot of time to cover all the bases to make the global and universal puzzle pieces to fit together.....

Old 02-10-2015, 02:42 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
There has been a Canine seen in Eastern OK that resembles a Striped Hyena. Some call it the Hissin Critter.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...NwRncG9zAzE0BG

Old 02-10-2015, 03:25 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Debunking is my favorite area of unexplained phenomena. I subscribe to the principle of Occam's razor (Lex parsimoniae).

Old 02-10-2015, 03:34 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
It is hard for me to pick a favorite, as so much of it is SO interesting. I love a good mystery, I love a good WOW.
I live in Bigfoot country, family members have had a sighting.
As a youth, I saw stange lights in the sky and my S. American stepmother said it was a UFO.
Lived in a house (several really) with ghosts.
Father had psychic ability, he was clairvoyant specifically. It pops up in me from time to time.
My son was about two and was very serious about seeing a dragon in my mothers backyard.
Past life exploration is facinating. Always an interesting and dynamic story found.
I read tarot cards and while I have been doing it for over 20 years I am often still blown away when I relay something quite specific and hit the nail on the head....how did I do that? I don't know, but it amazes me.
As a child, my mother had a book about Atlantis. I read it over and over. Being part Filipino, I fantisized about a Pacific counterpart. Once an adult, I discovered there is a counterpart, Mu; the motherland, also known as Lemuria.

And then, there are the things we think we know. The pyramids are tombs....no evidence of such when looked at more closely....now they might have been power generators using water to produce some sort of energy.
Human origins, where is and what is that missing link? Is it earthly only, or might we be bio-engineered by some extraterrestrial.
There is a documentry that really got me to wondering more. It is called Monkey Blood, by AmenStop productions. They really get into human history, science, and old cultures with thier cosmologies and symbolism (including the bible) as sources to prove(?) the theory.
If it is all just made up, someone took a lot of time to cover all the bases to make the global and universal puzzle pieces to fit together.....
Interestingly, my interest in odd, cryptozoological, animals, began in the Phillipines. I was but a wee lad, and had a Negrito mentor, who my Dad trusted, implicitly, with me. I spent a lot of time with him. His name was Tommy. That's the name I used with him , anyway. He related some gales of jungle creatures, reptilian, amphibian, mammilian, that were very...I aspiring...to a young, Anglo kid.

My Filipina nanny, would scold me for listening to these tales. Her name was Zany, and she was a devout Catholic. She believed that these tales, taken to heart, invited demons in. Tommy believed these critters were just a part of the jungle, to be avoided, yes, but they weren't demons, they were real animals. I never saw one of these animals, but Tommy, flatly, refused to take me anywhere near their turf. My Dad trusted him with my safety, I was but a youngster, and this stuff was to be avoided, by the best of the best. That wasn't us, a young Anglo and a simple Negrito man, entrusted with my safety. Bless him! Lol.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:29 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
It's my understanding that the Philippines is one of the more 'superstitious' of places. I put that in quotes because who knows if the stories of strange critters or supernatural situations are real or not. That being said, I add that it was my (psychic) father that came from the Philippines.

Some years ago I was in a guided group meditation and in my adventure I encountered a horse headed man. Several weeks later while looking for something unrelated and random on the Internet, I happend across a website about the lore of the Philippines. Within was the description of a horse headed man.
I have never been to the Philippines, and really know very little about the culture, so it was a moment of wonder.

I'm game for an excursion to the Islands to search for strange creatures. I'm not scared!

Old 02-10-2015, 11:15 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Mine would be bigfoot and life after death which by association would include 'ghosts' and related stuff. I do insist on hard evidence though.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:03 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
UFO's, OBE's (out of body experiences), and Bigfoot.
Because I've had first-hand experiences with the first two and second experiences with the last.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:27 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,940 times
Ghosts. Mediums.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:24 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
UFO's, General conspiracies , Out of place artifacts and remote viewing and related.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal