Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 08:32 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have noticed this. Some states - or cities and towns - have a heavier spiritual vibe, where as others feel spiritually sterile. It is not always a positive or negative thing. Some states can feel "heavy" and I enjoy the heaviness. Others have a "negative heavy vibe".

This is especially apparent when I am crossing the border from upstate NY into Vermont. NY feels calm and neutral. Not hopping with activity. Vermont practically buzzes with a peaceful, energetic glow. It's as though you have entered another dimension.

I live in Ohio, which I sense is a neutral and not particularly active spiritual vibe. Nothing bad. Nothing good. I also live near the PA border and often cross it to shop and attend a club. When I do, I feel a mixture of heavy spiritual vibes that are at once pleasant and unpleasant. It also feels comforting, yet foreboding.

Another example - My husband had a business trip in Louisville KY. I decided to go along for the ride. They put us up in the outskirts of Louisville - which was actually in Indiana. I have never felt so depressed in my life. There was a strong Fundamentalist Christian presence there. That could be part of it. But I was literally depressed for a week. When we crossed the border into Kentucky, the depression lifted.

While Ohio and Indiana share a border, I felt completely different there.

A while back there was a thread about Astrocartography - a sub set of astrology that studies geography and your birth chart and how certain areas affect people more positively than others.

That could be a factor.

Another idea I had was that different regions are governed by different spirits.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has experienced the same thing. Also, your thoughts on this subject.

Yes, I have and you're the first person I've ever come across that has experienced it besides myself and a friend. I was driving and when I crossed the Oklahoma border, it felt like going through a bubble. My friend was asleep and I was so startled that I woke her up and I turned around to do it again, so she could experience it. She felt the same. The spiritual condition of that State is different, all I can say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 12:45 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
What if we didn't know when we were entering a certain state? Signs are everywhere, inviting us or bidding us goodbye as we cross these arbitrary, invisible "state lines," so I think it's more about a certain feeling about a place on earth instead of a particular state.

I've never "felt" a certain way about an entire state, but I've felt different things in different places within the state. I don't think the state itself has anything to do with it -- unless one is predisposed or conditioned to like or not like a certain state.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:24 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yes, I have and you're the first person I've ever come across that has experienced it besides myself and a friend. I was driving and when I crossed the Oklahoma border, it felt like going through a bubble. My friend was asleep and I was so startled that I woke her up and I turned around to do it again, so she could experience it. She felt the same. The spiritual condition of that State is different, all I can say.

felt "at home" in central oklahoma the first time i visited never knew why and still do

Old 05-21-2016, 04:40 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
What if we didn't know when we were entering a certain state? Signs are everywhere, inviting us or bidding us goodbye as we cross these arbitrary, invisible "state lines," ...
Further, the milestones on a highway reset when you cross a state border, a piece of information we'll pick up at least subconsciously that is likely to stir up any existing positive or negative feelings about the state even if we don't see an explicit "Welcome to X" sign.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:01 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjeena View Post
I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but, due to the
empathy thing, I find that I’m highly sensitive to
what’s going on in a movie.

I find that I don’t go to a movie, I go through it.

I remember after being talked into going to see one of the
Hunger Games movies, I was exhausted for the
remainder of the day. I felt as though I had literally gone
through the Games myself. That’s why, as a general
rule, if the movie / show involves things that I personally
wouldn’t want to have happen to me in real life, I prefer
not to watch it as ‘entertainment’. It’s either got to be a
comedy or have something to do with the paranormal
(tastefully done, without gore).

-
Interesting!

MSR

Old 05-22-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Years and years ago, actually decades ago 1983 to be exact - my husband and I were driving back from Baltimore, Maryland/Washington DC area back home to Kentucky,and we were side tracked a bit...it was late and dark and so we decided to get a room and start back out in the morning....in the middle of nowhere by the Mountains in the pitch black dark, we found a little motel to stop at, the Triangle Motel.

Even though it was a cheap little motel in the middle of nowhere it seemed okay - it would do....but when we stopped, I had such an overwhelming feeling of dread - to me it seemed creepier than anything imaginable.
(Even back then, when I knew nothing of empath's, I knew that I often felt things and emotions other people didn't, so I kept my mouth shut to my new husband.) After checking in, and upon entering our room, my husband turned to me and said "Well, this place sure is creepy, I feel like we just checked into the Bates Motel!"
and then "And this town!!! Pretty enough, at first but really it would be a great place to film a horror movie, because it's kinda giving me the creeps!" So hey, he felt it too!!!!

(Later that night when we pulled down the covers, it had thick globs of black thick fur all over the sheets - we took it back to the office and asked for new ones and they didn't even bat an eye when we showed them the fur covered sheets!) I was on edge the whole night and could hardly sleep - and my husband was an ex-Baltimore city police man, so I knew he would be able to handle most things...but even he mentioned again several times the overwhelming feeling of dread that seem to permeate the place. I was so glad when morning came and we could leave...and we left there pretty early!!!

Omg...was trying to remember the name of the town, (it was pretty long ago) so googled and found the motel!!!!!!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/boston...ary/8597816809
Seems like you got a husband with some similar abilities.

Fascinating story.

MSR

Old 05-22-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
felt "at home" in central oklahoma the first time i visited never knew why and still do
I think people who are in touch with their inner self knows where home is for them. ISMH when I see some posters essentially begging people to live there instead of another city in a state. My philosophy is you'll know. Even if one moves later, for that period of time a specific location was still the right place to be.

People know.

MSR

Old 05-22-2016, 11:04 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Crossing borders - another feeling when you enter a different state?-fullscreen-capture-5232016-125727-am.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Seems like you got a husband with some similar abilities.

Fascinating story.

MSR
Since I wrote that I decided to look up the town on the post card..it was in the middle of nowhere literally,
but the post card said it was close to Clifton Forge) And when you google it you see that Clifton forge is in
the Roanoke area of Virginia.

when I google creepy feel in the clifton forge va area...i got this...

Clifton Forge Underground - Creepypasta Wiki - Wikia

Quote:
The woman was very old and appeared to be dead on the inside. She said nothing. She was of no help. I felt that everyone in town was going to act this way. A majority of the people in town were old and far too apathetic when it came to anything at all. This led me to believe that no one would really care if we entered the tunnel. It was an incredibly stupid thought, but I was desperate and I needed to get into the tunnel.
It is interesting because that is how the two people in the town that we met acted....sort of like they were
dead on the inside. When I handed them the fur lined sheets, I didn't get a smile, a word....not anything...i was just silently handed new sheets.

Also, I am not saying I necessarily believe in ghosts but this is interesting.

Clifton Forge, Virginia, Ghost Sightings
Attached Thumbnails
Crossing borders - another feeling when you enter a different state?-fullscreen-capture-5232016-123355-am.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal