Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2017, 09:39 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,337,025 times

Advertisements

I was taking a quiz to figure out how passionately in love I was with someone,it was this sort of magazine quiz and another guy I know was also taking the quiz.
He got the results of his quiz which were that he was really in love with me and I was surprised.
My results were that I was not in love with him,I was confused and tried to hide my results from him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 03:27 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I was taking a quiz to figure out how passionately in love I was with someone,it was this sort of magazine quiz and another guy I know was also taking the quiz.
He got the results of his quiz which were that he was really in love with me and I was surprised.
My results were that I was not in love with him,I was confused and tried to hide my results from him.

you hate your job

Old 03-07-2017, 10:29 PM

Any idea how you come to that metaphor?

Old 03-08-2017, 07:22 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
Any idea how you come to that metaphor?

oddly enough, it came to me in a dream

Old 03-08-2017, 09:57 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,676,737 times
I have an inkling that this dream is related to another dream you had shared a while back? Unless I am getting 'the persons' wrong.
So this 'someone' that you were taking the quiz about, was it a specific someone? Or just your passions towards a lover in general? Who did you have in mind when taking the quiz, the other guy taking the quiz or someone else?
Some times in dreams, things are very fluid, but also layered.
So for example, you, in your head (self watching the dream), are taking the quiz with person X in mind, but the way the dream unfolds, it changes and the quiz becomes about person A, even though you did not want that, or that's not how it started out.

Now on the surface, from what you have described, it seems to be that there are some feelings you have that you are not willing to admit to. While this was a romantic quiz, it may not actually be about relationships, but more about your personal desires. You said the word passion, and that is a key and a clue. What are you passionate about, or what passions have you talked yourself out of perusing? Are you feeling that you have some lack of skill or confidence about something?

Now also, if we take the characters are reflections of ourselves- then, are you struggling to love yourself? Are you harboring any guilt, are you mad at yourself that your life is not as you want it to be? Are you just simply unhappy with who you are?.... Self acceptance can be a big thing, but it does not have to be... But when we struggle with loving ourselves, we are really adding unnecessary emotional burdens as well as limiting our own potential.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:05 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,270,321 times
And sometimes dreams are just dreams. Just a narrative and not something to be figured out.

Pretty much, if I have a dream that means something, when I wake up I know what it means.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:19 PM

You know you really could be right because two days,or was it one day before the dream I was doing a real life quiz about what you are most passionate about,it was a very deep delving quiz if anyone wants to do it they can do it here,it's what your passions are,career wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
oddly enough, it came to me in a dream

Last edited by Katiethegreat; 03-08-2017 at 01:28 PM..

Old 03-08-2017, 01:23 PM

Some interesting thoughts,I pondered maybe that the guy in the dream was a masculine aspect of myself because he's a bit like me in real life.Maybe I was rejecting some masculine aspect.
I definately think the quiz was about passions generally,but I've always very much been a person who follows my passions, so I'm not sure what the dream was trying to tell me and why I was trying to hide my results.why it was presented in a romantic setting I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I have an inkling that this dream is related to another dream you had shared a while back? Unless I am getting 'the persons' wrong.
So this 'someone' that you were taking the quiz about, was it a specific someone? Or just your passions towards a lover in general? Who did you have in mind when taking the quiz, the other guy taking the quiz or someone else?
Some times in dreams, things are very fluid, but also layered.
So for example, you, in your head (self watching the dream), are taking the quiz with person X in mind, but the way the dream unfolds, it changes and the quiz becomes about person A, even though you did not want that, or that's not how it started out.

Now on the surface, from what you have described, it seems to be that there are some feelings you have that you are not willing to admit to. While this was a romantic quiz, it may not actually be about relationships, but more about your personal desires. You said the word passion, and that is a key and a clue. What are you passionate about, or what passions have you talked yourself out of perusing? Are you feeling that you have some lack of skill or confidence about something?

Now also, if we take the characters are reflections of ourselves- then, are you struggling to love yourself? Are you harboring any guilt, are you mad at yourself that your life is not as you want it to be? Are you just simply unhappy with who you are?.... Self acceptance can be a big thing, but it does not have to be... But when we struggle with loving ourselves, we are really adding unnecessary emotional burdens as well as limiting our own potential.

Old 03-08-2017, 06:03 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,947,134 times
When I was taking a psychodynamic theory course in grad school, the prof had us keep a dream journal. The rule was, we had to write down what we'd dreamed immediately on waking. The reason is: dreams appear to provide an integrative function for our memories, knitting recent memories into our narrative memory (the story of our lives). That's why many of the details in them often disappear shortly after waking; they're not like regular memories and slip away after they're processed.

What I learned from the exercise was, if I recorded my dreams in a notebook next to my bed, I could often relate the contents to something that happened in the past couple of days because writing them down helped me recall the details. So for those who want to figure out their dreams, my advice is: keep a dream journal.

In the case of your dream, it sounds like it's related to the real life quiz you took a day or two previous to the dream. The quiz was about passion, and the guy in your dream wasn't necessarily the object of your passion -- my guess is, if you think about recent conversations with him you might get a clue as to why he was in the dream. I would say he might be a stand in (symbol) for something you're passionate about (as in, one is passionate about a beloved in a relationship).

Why was dream you hiding the results? Just a guess -- Is there something you're supposed to be passionate about because society says so, or your family and friends, or whatever -- but you're not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal